Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts around the League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Kafka is terribad. I'd rather keep Quinn and that is saying something from a guy who has always hated Quinn

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on Quinn. He just doesn't have the moxie or pocket presence.

and Kafka does?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Kafka is terribad. I'd rather keep Quinn and that is saying something from a guy who has always hated Quinn

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on Quinn. He just doesn't have the moxie or pocket presence.

and Kafka does?

I think he has at times - and was known as a gritty leader both off the field and on the field at Northwestern. In comparison to Quinn from a college standpoint, Quinn had alot of talent around him and Kafka had to make the best of the talent around him. I am not saying he is a world-beater or a future franchise quarterback, but considering what we are paying Quinn for 1 year along with what Quinn brings to the table, I am not sure I see Kafka as a downgrade.

Edit : IMO, the only thing Quinn has going for him is that he has an offseason to work in our offensive system and Kafka doesn't have that luxury.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
The Chiefs have been sifting through the pile of released players around the league and had at least four of them in for workouts. They were:

LB Bobby Carpenter 6-2, 249 pounds, 7-year veteran from Ohio State who was released by New England.
CB Chris Carr 5-10, 181 pounds, 8-year veteran from Boise State who was released by Minnesota.
CB Dominique Franks 6-0, 197 pounds, 3-year veteran from Oklahoma who was released by Atlanta.
LB Bryan Kehl 6-2, 244 pounds, 5-year veteran from Brigham Young who was released by Washington.

According to Gretz

Bill Parcells must be calling Pioli about his boy Carpenter. LOL
Not really interested in Carpenter. Chris Carr is a player I was interested in when he was a free agent - solid returner, which is a plus but not really a priority considering the options we currently have. And I think Franks could be a solid signing.
Kehl, again, not so excited about.

Would we dump Sheffield for either Carpenter or Kehl?

I'd be interested in Chris Carr over Reeves! Even after he had a slightly better game vs GB than previously shown against Seattle. Considering the salary cap thread though.. it really makes me ill that OUR Carr is not still here Sad I'm looking forward to watching him tonight.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
The Chiefs have been sifting through the pile of released players around the league and had at least four of them in for workouts. They were:

LB Bobby Carpenter 6-2, 249 pounds, 7-year veteran from Ohio State who was released by New England.
CB Chris Carr 5-10, 181 pounds, 8-year veteran from Boise State who was released by Minnesota.
CB Dominique Franks 6-0, 197 pounds, 3-year veteran from Oklahoma who was released by Atlanta.
LB Bryan Kehl 6-2, 244 pounds, 5-year veteran from Brigham Young who was released by Washington.

According to Gretz

Not really interested in Carpenter. Chris Carr is a player I was interested in when he was a free agent - solid returner, which is a plus but not really a priority considering the options we currently have. And I think Franks could be a solid signing.

I'd be interested in Chris Carr over Reeves! Even after he had a slightly better game vs GB than previously shown against Seattle. Considering the salary cap thread though.. it really makes me ill that OUR Carr is not still here Sad I'm looking forward to watching him tonight.

A86, oh you are right about Chris Carr over Jacques Reeves. Pioli had to dig past the old banana peels and dirty diapers in the dumpster to get to Reeves. In comparison to Jacques Reeves, Chris Carr is the chocolate eclair with no bite marks and still in the donut box that is sitting on top of the garbage pile.

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:

According to Gretz

A86, oh you are right about Chris Carr over Jacques Reeves. Pioli had to dig past the old banana peels and dirty diapers in the dumpster to get to Reeves. In comparison to Jacques Reeves, Chris Carr is the chocolate eclair with no bite marks and still in the donut box that is sitting on top of the garbage pile.

A striking resemblance to our own donut trash diver!

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:

According to Gretz

Bravo, A86, BRAVO!

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work with Sash's brother, haven't seen him to ask. I'm guessing it has more to do with his suspension than anything else.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:

According to Gretz

A86, excellent! I was hoping you would get the connection! Superb! I was going to image that exact pic of the eclair and include one of Costanza but couldn't open the pic files at work! Glad you covered for me!

Laughing

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Seinfeld jokes ftw!

Back on the cuts topic... according to an AP Story the Chiefs did work out Carr but did not sign him.

I am left to wonder for now if they didnt like him or are they waiting till after week 1. The problem is.. if they wait till after week 1 I might be a bit upset because I think if they do deem him an upgrade - get him now as week 1 is looking pretty rough.

Not sure if you all have heard but Belcher is not practicing today due to a groin issue. The defense is battered, and being cheap with an upgrade seems like a weak choice considering that fact. Guess we'll know for sure after week 1 but.. I'm just sayin.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who just signed Dominique Franks ..

... yep, Atlanta
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Very Happy Seinfeld jokes ftw!

Back on the cuts topic... according to an AP Story the Chiefs did work out Carr but did not sign him.

I am left to wonder for now if they didnt like him or are they waiting till after week 1. The problem is.. if they wait till after week 1 I might be a bit upset because I think if they do deem him an upgrade - get him now as week 1 is looking pretty rough.

Not sure if you all have heard but Belcher is not practicing today due to a groin issue. The defense is battered, and being cheap with an upgrade seems like a weak choice considering that fact. Guess we'll know for sure after week 1 but.. I'm just sayin.

My biggest issue with the idea of waiting is that you lose the opportunity to get the player in for atleast a couple of practices before the bullets fly. That's why I am wondering what Pioli is planning on doing with all of the runningbacks and tight ends we have on our 53 and not to mention our meager depth along the offensive line and secondary at this point.

But then again, we have a 27 year old guard and a fullback on our practice squad so we should be set.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Damn the torpedoes boys, we have Eachus, Quinn, Reeves, and O'Connell!"
~ Scott Pioli

Laughing

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

per Bob Gretz:

Quote:
Seattle signed OLB Gabe Miller to the practice squad as a tight end.

Hmm, obviously Jake O'Connell survived another challenge!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Koppen was signed by the Denver Broncos. I am surprised (and disappointed) that we didn't atleast bring him in for a visit considering the relative inexperience of our current starter. Koppen would have been a nice veteran presence behind Hudson and could have potentially played guard for us if injuries made it necessary. As it stands now our only depth on the active roster is Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson. I guess the team feels Lilja could slide to center if Hudson goes down, but if Lilja deserves to start at left guard then I would prefer he stays there as opposed to affecting two positions.

Quote:
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have agreed to terms on a contract with Koppen, who was cut by the Patriots when rosters were cut down to 53 players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/dan-koppen-heading-to-the-broncos/

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, since we didn't sign Koppen he's obviously washed up. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: