Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TABT 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
So, I turn 21 tomorrow and I will need to get my horizontal ID. Instead of wading through all the crap on the DMV site I figured I'd ask you guys - what do I need to bring with me to the DMV? I'm assuming current ID, proof of residency (mail), birth certificate, and SS card? Any more/less?

Nah that should be good....you'll probably have to pay 25 bucks or something. All I had to do was fill out a form and pay. They take your expired license and give you a temp one.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
So, I turn 21 tomorrow and I will need to get my horizontal ID. Instead of wading through all the crap on the DMV site I figured I'd ask you guys - what do I need to bring with me to the DMV? I'm assuming current ID, proof of residency (mail), birth certificate, and SS card? Any more/less?

Nah that should be good....you'll probably have to pay 25 bucks or something. All I had to do was fill out a form and pay. They take your expired license and give you a temp one.

Are you guys in Illinois? When I went, all I had was my old license and a check, and I walked out 30 minutes later completely done, new license in hand. This was only 3 months ago, too! They already checked your residency and your SSN/Birth certificate when you got your original license, the only reason you'd need anything other than old license/check is if your address has changed.

RIP Stylish
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

And you'll need to know your 40 time.

HE'S BACK

RIP Stylish
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Are you guys in Illinois? When I went, all I had was my old license and a check, and I walked out 30 minutes later completely done, new license in hand. This was only 3 months ago, too! They already checked your residency and your SSN/Birth certificate when you got your original license, the only reason you'd need anything other than old license/check is if your address has changed.

Nah I'm in Texas. Here you need to bring your Social Security Card to the DMV.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

dont forget bouy havin your car inspected, which still blows my mind

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

dont forget bouy havin your car inspected, which still blows my mind

Yep actually had that done the other day Laughing

CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Is 9.33 good?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

HE'S BACK

Who?

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

HE'S BACK

Who?

Tyty, of course!

RIP Stylish
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

You crazy kids with your sideways DLs. My under-21 DL didn't even have any distinguishing marks to show that I was underage, and this was less than a decade ago.

Hopefully you went to one of the express DMVs. The full service ones are always ridiculously crowded and seedy. When I got my 21 card I went to an express center during off-hours and it took me probably two minutes.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

You crazy kids with your sideways DLs. My under-21 DL didn't even have any distinguishing marks to show that I was underage, and this was less than a decade ago.

Hopefully you went to one of the express DMVs. The full service ones are always ridiculously crowded and seedy. When I got my 21 card I went to an express center during off-hours and it took me probably two minutes.

I was living in AZ when I turned 21 and every state is different but mine was still good for 3 months beyond my birthday so there was no real rush to change it for me. The date is all that really matters. But, when I got my 21+ AZ license it was great because it was valid until I turned 65 (seriously - wouldn't have expired until the mid-2040s). Seemed like a flawed system to me...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

If you are in Illinois then a decade ago there was a very big difference in the under/over 21 ID's, the under 21 ID's were red and the over 21 ID's were blue and there was a good amount of places that wouldn't serve you with a red ID even if you were over 21.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

If you are in Illinois then a decade ago there was a very big difference in the under/over 21 ID's, the under 21 ID's were red and the over 21 ID's were blue and there was a good amount of places that wouldn't serve you with a red ID even if you were over 21.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 21 is 21.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 21 is 21.

I got denied with a 21, but still vertical, ID. It sucked. I mean, it was fake, but still.

Yeah I got mine in less than 20 minutes It think, but still cost me $30.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I got denied with a 21, but still vertical, ID. It sucked. I mean, it was fake, but still.

Yeah I got mine in less than 20 minutes It think, but still cost me $30.

I was denied alcohol at a liquor store in my early 20s (21 or 22) because I accidentally ran my wallet through the washer and a tiny corner of my driver's license chipped off. It didn't make any portion of the license illegible; it was just a little corner of white space. I read somewhere about how something like that legally makes your DL invalid, even though it had previously been accepted as valid by dozens of stores and a police officer or two.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 58 of 100

Jump to: