Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Season Expectations....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith that the defence is going to come together. We are not going to face many teams with a more talented and diverse offense than the Falcons. They had a couple of good plays and took advantage of the absence of Dansby/Burnett but they didn't do much.

The D should keep us competitive with the vast majority of teams we play so long as the offence can avoid turning the ball over.

^ Jamison on the sig.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping! Laughing

I'm really praying on that.

How crazy is it that Tannehill is like #8 on our list of concerns?

That's kinda nice. Smile
FOOTBALLFAN08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:
Im just hoping Tannehill / Philbin and Ireland are all gone by next season ...
0% chance on Philbin and Tannehill, 50% chance on Ireland.

New HC, OC, DC.
Rookie QB
below .500 3 straight seasons
trading good players, rebuild mode
WRs can't catch a cold
I'm predicting 4-12.

How much leash did Cam Cameron get ? How was he with QBs ?

I didn't give the Dolphins any real credit in my post because I wanted to agitate FOOTBALLFAN08, in the event he was still checking this thread.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive in Tannehill.

I don't believe in Ireland.

The jury is out on Philbin so far. I see some things I like and some I don't.

My concern is that when Ireland goes, the team gets gutted again. I believe Ross should have yanked the entire band-aid off and started new. Now, if Ireland gets canned, we can watch this whole process start over again....for like the 4th time.

Good times, good times.

My expectations for our seasonal record have dropped. I see us at about 4 wins. Maybe 5. Anything more and I'll give a lot of credit to Philbin and his coaches and making chicken salad out of chicken poop.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:
Im just hoping Tannehill / Philbin and Ireland are all gone by next season ...
0% chance on Philbin and Tannehill, 50% chance on Ireland.

New HC, OC, DC.
Rookie QB
below .500 3 straight seasons
trading good players, rebuild mode
WRs can't catch a cold
I'm predicting 4-12.

How much leash did Cam Cameron get ? How was he with QBs ?
Tannehill is no John Beck. Compare them all day long if you want, but the majority of fans like what they have seen of RT17 so far. A little hope goes a long way in preserving someone's job.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I beleive in Tannehill.

My concern is that when Ireland goes, the team gets gutted again. I believe Ross should have yanked the entire band-aid off and started new. Now, if Ireland gets canned, we can watch this whole process start over again....for like the 4th time.

Good times, good times.

My expectations for our seasonal record have dropped. I see us at about 4 wins. Maybe 5. Anything more and I'll give a lot of credit to Philbin and his coaches and making chicken salad out of chicken poop.
Merc, don't you think there would be at least a little chance that Philbin gets to pick his GM, especially if Tannehill shows something positive this season?
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
I beleive in Tannehill.

Good times, good times.

Merc, don't you think there would be at least a little chance that Philbin gets to pick his GM, especially if Tannehill shows something positive this season?

Which by the way is the exact same scenario I was hoping for & said so right here several months ago.

A quality HC "placing/naming" his own GM.
("these are the players I'm looking for now get it done")

sug
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
I beleive in Tannehill.

Good times, good times.

I don't think that is an ideal situation. Typically, the GM is the boss. Its not ideal that a coach would pick his own boss. Can it happen? I suppose it could, but again, I don't think its ideal. Imagine how hard it would be for a GM to fire a coach that hired him.

We have an owner that may know something about business, but has no football history. For that reason, I'd like to see him select a GM who is in charge of all things football. That GM, again, in my perfect world, would have a vision for the team, he would find a coach and select players who will fulfill that vision. That way, if the team doesn't succeed, he could, conceivably, select a new coach to make that vision happen and still have players that fit the vision on the roster. That way there isnt the need to gut the team every time there is a change. Granted, that is predicated on finding a GM that you can have full faith in as a talent evaluator and visionary. I don't believe we have that in Miami currently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: