Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason - Week 3: Patriots at Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
this:

Peyton's 4th year for example
62.7 COMP %, 4131 YDS, 7.6 AVG, 26 TD, 23 INT

Free's 2nd year:
62.8 COMP %, 3592 YDS, 6.5 AVG, 16 TD, 22 INT

Brady 2nd Year:
62.1 COMP %, 3764 YDS, 6.3 AVG, 23 TD, 12 INT

Brees 2nd "full" year (played 11 games)
57.6 COMP %, 2108 YDS, 5.9 AVG, 11 TD, 15 INT

but it doesn't matter now a days, its win now, thats why coaches get fired before they have time to implement their plans, and qb's get cut before they reach potential. Maybe its wrong, maybe its right, but I know it takes a man time to progress.....

Yeah and sometimes that's why franchises struggle. Teams with strong FO's like the Steelers, Pats, Packers and (as much as I hate them) the Giants have been winning lately because of their continuity with their coaches and their QB, even when things get tough.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Freeman doesn't have "it" .

That's funny, because if I remember correctly when the Bucs won 10 games a couple of years ago all I heard was how he was progressing and is a leader...

now he doesn't have "it"?

what is the point of this? Besides being a troll?

The point of it is to back your QB. I'm not a Bucs fan but I think what Freeman did wasn't a fluke back then. He seems like a good player. You can't just have "it" one year and then don't the next.

Give him some time before you say he sucks and you guys should draft a QB in the 1st round (Ex: How many years did it take Brees, Rodgers, Romo to reach their potential?)

A. I don't care about your "advice" on how to judge players

B. you don't watch the games so you can just shut the hell up now

1: You called me out. Don't ask me a question and then when I answer say you didn't care.

2: If you didn't care about what I thought of Freeman, you wouldn't have responded. So you can stop addressing me now

I "called you out"? what are you talking about?

And trust me, because I responded to your post doesn't mean I care about anything you say. I'm not gonna go into the cowboys forum and go tell everybody how great romo is when I know I don't watch him enough to have an opinion on him
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a patient man, but its not really how most of NFL fans are. Look at the teams you mentioned, all serious contenders......

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
I am a patient man, but its not really how most of NFL fans are. Look at the teams you mentioned, all serious contenders......

Patience is one thing. But with freeman we aren't seeing progress. He still seems tight when defenses bring it. Top tier qbs don't fizzle in that situation.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-fear-davin-joseph-knee-injury-season-ending

Quote:
Bucs Pro Bowl right guard Davin Joseph left tonight’s preseason game against the Patriots with a knee injury that, based on early word from the locker room, will likely be season-ending.

Crap this sucks. Huge blow to the OLine.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont totally disagree with you, but im willing to see what a full year with Sullivan will do.....

Any word on A.C?

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-fear-davin-joseph-knee-injury-season-ending

Quote:
Bucs Pro Bowl right guard Davin Joseph left tonight’s preseason game against the Patriots with a knee injury that, based on early word from the locker room, will likely be season-ending.

Crap this sucks. Huge blow to the OLine.

Damn it. Just damn it. We want to run between the tackles and now we are just screwed. Pissed doesnt even come close to how I feel about this.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Freeman doesn't have "it" .

That's funny, because if I remember correctly when the Bucs won 10 games a couple of years ago all I heard was how he was progressing and is a leader...

now he doesn't have "it"?

what is the point of this? Besides being a troll?

The point of it is to back your QB. I'm not a Bucs fan but I think what Freeman did wasn't a fluke back then. He seems like a good player. You can't just have "it" one year and then don't the next.

Give him some time before you say he sucks and you guys should draft a QB in the 1st round (Ex: How many years did it take Brees, Rodgers, Romo to reach their potential?)

A. I don't care about your "advice" on how to judge players

B. you don't watch the games so you can just shut the hell up now

Well that was completely unnecessary...

There's absolutely no reason to be so hostile to someone sharing his opinion, regardless if you care for it or not.

He wasn't sharing his opinion he was mocking how buc fans said freeman was looking really good in 2010 and now we don't think he's good, how am I the only one that sees this?

I wasn't mocking you guys, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. As a Cowboys fan it's been a rollercoaster ride for me with Romo at QB. After that Lions game I was ready to be done with him (alot of Cowboy fans were) and wanted a different QB completely without all the gut wrenching losses Romo has given us through the years. But the way he responded after the rest of the season made me change my outlook on him completely and became more optimistic. I "thought" maybe he should get some more time to see what he can do. Not only with Romo but with other QB's I think can be good also (such as Freeman and Tebow). I was just giving my thoughts about Freeman for tonight and wanted to know why you guys want him replaced so fast.

Sorry for the little rant, I just keep up with a lot of football so I like chiming in on other team forums from time to time to talk about their players. Good luck in the season.

ware94 wrote:
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reserve judgment on Freeman till the games actually count. He is the starting QB for the entire year unless he gets injured. Orlovsky certainly isn't the long-term answer. The coaching staff will give every opportunity to Freeman this year to prove himself.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:

Yeah they all had there growing pains. I think with the Steelers it took them over 8+ years to win ONE SB with Bill Cowher as their HC and I remember when Giants fans were calling for Eli and Coughlin's head before they won their two SB's. One way or another all of those teams I mentioned stuck with their HC/QB even when the going got tough. Hell, Jerry Jones stuck with Wade Phillips after Dallas lost to Philly 44-6 costing us a playoff spot and that lead to us winning our first playoff game in over a decade the next year...

ware94 wrote:
dbtb135

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
this:

Free's 2nd year:

Brady 2nd Year:

but it doesn't matter now a days, its win now, thats why coaches get fired before they have time to implement their plans, and qb's get cut before they reach potential. Maybe its wrong, maybe its right, but I know it takes a man time to progress.....

Needs perspective, though. In Peyton's 4th year, he was 2nd in the league in yards and tied for 5th in TDs. In Brady's 2nd year, he was 6th in yards and led the league in TDs. Those are elite numbers among their peers. Freeman's numbers are less impressive in a game that now heavily favors the passing game, where relatively mediocre QBs like Andy Dalton can come in and immediately put up 3,300 and 20.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:
this:

Free's 2nd year:

Brady 2nd Year:

Needs perspective, though. In Peyton's 4th year, he was 2nd in the league in yards and tied for 5th in TDs. In Brady's 2nd year, he was 6th in yards and led the league in TDs. Those are elite numbers among their peers. Freeman's numbers are less impressive in a game that now heavily favors the passing game, where relatively mediocre QBs like Andy Dalton can come in and immediately put up 3,300 and 20.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/12473/year/2010/josh-freeman

All of Freemans Impressive outings came against the bottom feeders of the league in 2010. He didn't light the league on fire at all except the performance at Seattle, who quite frankly, had the worst secondary in the nfl in 2010 in the dreadful nfc west.

Look at his performances against teams with winning records. Only the Saints game in week 17 was a strong performance.

I think a lot of us Bucs overlooked, including myself, the schedule in 2010. Yes, even with the schedule it was a very impressive season for a 2nd year qb at 22 years old. However, he's entering the 4th year now in the NFL, and honestly, we;ve only seen regressions from that 2010 season, which makes you wonder, how much it had to do with who he played.

He's entering his 4th year in the NFL and he still hasn't corrected his footwork, still throwing off the backfoot with a clean pocket. His pocket presence is below average.

It's alarming when you see rookie QBs grasping there playbooks already and Freeman cannot grasp Sullivans, as a 4 year Vet. Still missing open targets and not seeing the whole field.

I'm sorry but poor QB performances in the preseason normally will not carry over well into the regular season. If you can't perform when defenses aren't 100% throwing there full scheme and gameplan at you, how will you perform at real game speed? [/quote]
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm sorry but poor QB performances in the preseason normally will not carry over well into the regular season. If you can't perform when defenses aren't 100% throwing there full scheme and gameplan at you, how will you perform at real game speed?

And again, this is where I am going to have to tell you to stop overreacting to the preseason. It means next to nothing. Did you see what Cam Newton did during last year's preseason?

24/57 (42.1% completion percentage)
300 yards (5.26 YPA)
1 TD, 0 Ints

Did that underwhelming preseason performance carry over? No, he basically rewrote the rookie record books for a QB.

Getting worked up over worthless preseason stats/play will not do you any good. A lot of your concerns are valid, but we need to see what he does in the regular season...

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm sorry but poor QB performances in the preseason normally will not carry over well into the regular season. If you can't perform when defenses aren't 100% throwing there full scheme and gameplan at you, how will you perform at real game speed?

And again, this is where I am going to have to tell you to stop overreacting to the preseason. It means next to nothing. Did you see what Cam Newton did during last year's preseason?

24/57 (42.1% completion percentage)
300 yards (5.26 YPA)
1 TD, 0 Ints

Did that underwhelming preseason performance carry over? No, he basically rewrote the rookie record books for a QB.

Getting worked up over worthless preseason stats/play will not do you any good. A lot of your concerns are valid, but we need to see what he does in the regular season...

DRD,

No offense, but I think saying "It's just pre-season" is something that makes Bucs fans ignore the poor play.

I think you need to take into account what I pulled up in 2010 and watch some tape as well. He looked bad against tight/good defenses then and that carried over against a tougher schedule in 2011.

Free is young, but entering his 4th year and he couldn't move the offense against defenses that were playing "Vanilla", is alarming.

He made some nice throws on that first drive, but after that he looked below average. Failing to step up in the pocket and deliver balls on the money. That is where the question marks of his pocket presence comes into play. Failed to see an open Mike Williams on another bad throw off his back foot that almost resulted in an int. Missing parker twice near the sideline, one if he led him on an out, he had the DB beat, but the ball never reached him.

We hope for a huge turn-around come week 1, but it's wishful thinking.

PS> Comparing Cam Newtons Pre-season last year makes no sense. 1 he was a ROOKIE who had accuracy issues, while Freeman is in his 4th year. 2. The majority of his success last year was his athletic and running ability. I don't see any comparison to him and Freeman at all. Both are good athletes but play different games. Cam struggled as a passer once he hit the mid-year point and his legs did the work.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DRD,

No offense, but I think saying "It's just pre-season" is something that makes Bucs fans ignore the poor play.

I think you need to take into account what I pulled up in 2010 and watch some tape as well. He looked bad against tight/good defenses then and that carried over against a tougher schedule in 2011.

You and I both know that if Freeman was killing it this preseason you would never be bringing up 2010. You are using his poor preseason as a catalyst to bash everything that he has done throughout his career. Yes, you are overreacting.

No one is ignoring the poor play. We all have eyes, we all see it. BUT it is just the preseason and it means nothing. If this carries over into the regular season then I will be worried as hell too. Until then, I'm going to watch this play out.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Free is young, but entering his 4th year and he couldn't move the offense against defenses that were playing "Vanilla", is alarming.

He made some nice throws on that first drive, but after that he looked below average. Failing to step up in the pocket and deliver balls on the money. That is where the question marks of his pocket presence comes into play. Failed to see an open Mike Williams on another bad throw off his back foot that almost resulted in an int. Missing parker twice near the sideline, one if he led him on an out, he had the DB beat, but the ball never reached him.

You aren't telling me anything that I don't already know. I know that he played bad last night outside of that first drive. He missed a ton of throws.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
We hope for a huge turn-around come week 1, but it's wishful thinking.

I'm sure Panthers fans thought the same thing last year...

REDandPEWTER wrote:
PS> Comparing Cam Newtons Pre-season last year makes no sense. 1 he was a ROOKIE who had accuracy issues, while Freeman is in his 4th year. 2. The majority of his success last year was his athletic and running ability. I don't see any comparison to him and Freeman at all. Both are good athletes but play different games. Cam struggled as a passer once he hit the mid-year point and his legs did the work.

Who cares what year they are in? Both guys are young and they were learning new playbooks. I'm not comparing their playing styles at all.

You tried to link poor QB play in the preseason to the regular season and I brought up one example to show where that wasn't the case. It didn't take me that long and I know that there are others. Have you seen what Aaron Rodgers is doing this preseason? He's not even completing 50% of his passes and he has more turnovers than touchdowns. He's the best player in the league. Who cares?

The preseason means nothing.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: