Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Solution
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Week 1: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Solution Reply with quote

Can't believe no one has made this yet. I'll do mine later after a while. I need to get some crap done at work.

And yes, you read it right. There's a new player in this game. What's the solution? Should get some good debate going. We have 5 days to kill.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

Defense - Kept Rivers out of the end zone. 2nd half w/out Condo, the Charges starting field position was the Raider 47. They held their own.

Bad:

Offense - Predictable, safe and boring. Looked slow all night. I'll give them a pass until Moore is back in the mix.

Run Game - No success running the ball. Hard to dial up play action w/out the run game working.

Ugly:

Long snapper - What a way to lose a game. 9 points directly off losing Condo. Disgusting.

Kelly - Kept SD's only TD scoring drive alive. Twice.

Last edited by big_palooka on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Django

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought Palmer was pretty good. The WRs and Knapp didnt do him any favors though.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly:
Matt Giordano - got picked on all day when out on the field and then simply stepped aside and let the guy through on the blocked punt.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good-Defense they were put in some bad situations in the second half put they played strong. Run defense was on point all night long.

bad- offense it started off good but as the game went on it got worse and worse. And like I said before Moore is to our passing game as mcfadden is to our running game. With him the defense doesn't have to worry about anyone going deep.

Ugly.Trying to punt the ball and Tommy Kelly.

Its only week 1 so im not gonna over react
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
I actually thought Palmer was pretty good. The WRs and Knapp didnt do him any favors though.

You can tell that he was really trying to not mess up. Checking down a lot instead of forcing it.

Palmer played ok but didn't play good enough to loss us the game and also didn't play good enough to win us the game.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Ugly:
Matt Giordano - got picked on all day when out on the field and then simply stepped aside and let the guy through on the blocked punt.

Forgot about Gio. By far his worst game as Raider.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Django wrote:

You can tell that he was really trying to not mess up. Checking down a lot instead of forcing it.

Palmer played ok but didn't play good enough to loss us the game and also didn't play good enough to win us the game.

And that's kind of the point. Let Palmer be Palmer. The defense showed they can hold their own. So I'd rather see Palmer take some shots on 50/50 balls.

Also, Palmer's WR didn't help him much. DHB had one in the end zone he has to hold onto. Streater had a deep ball he needs to hold on to.

Shots were there to make the offense look good, but the execution failed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution:
Don't turn the ball over or get stupid penalties.
Continue to progress on both sides of the ball.
Get an efficient backup LS or train one.
Open up competition at RT again now that Smith is in the mix.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Ugly:

Surely Condo on the punt would have seen them overloading and adjusted everyone.

On the TD, if you give Rivers 10 seconds to throw, a WR will come open.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Ugly:

Surely Condo on the punt would have seen them overloading and adjusted everyone.

On the TD, if you give Rivers 10 seconds to throw, a WR will come open.

I didnt see the punt so cant comment but I was talking about coverage. There were several plays he got burnt. Luckly most of them were incompletions.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good

- Defense. Shocked by the way these guys handled things. Granted the Charger line isn't the greatest but they still got pressure often. They got into the backfield often. It was a solid game especially from the D-Line. Our S play wasn't the greatest but it's early. They'll get better.

- Palmer. Was pretty much dead accurate all game. Had some miscommunication w/ WRs a couple of times it seemed so who knows who to fault but I am putting him in this section for one main reason: He was ON POINT w/ his timing throws. If he can maintain that timing and accuracy all year, he will be unstoppable. Sure, we'll only move the ball 8-15 yards at a time, but some of those passes cannot be defensed. I was shocked to see how well him and Hagan worked together. I don't think Carson will be able to do it, but we'll see.

One more thing on Carson is his arm strength looked good. Very good. A lot of zip on the ball and he was accurate w/ those passes.

- Speaking of Hagan. I like the guy as a possession WR. In a short amount of time on this team, he showed a good ability to learn quickly, catch well, and build a rapport w/ Carson. Unfortunately, there might not be room for him. We'll see though. I merely put him on here b/c I was impressed w/ how well he ran routes and how well he seemingly knew Carson after a short period of time.

Bad

- The amount of touches McFadden got. I want literally the opposite. Dude is gonna get a sprained ankle and have to be out for 4 months before we know it. I would prefer his touches limited.

- The run game. Where was it? We were forced to become one-dimensional.

Ugly

- Penalties. Some were downright stupid, stupid, stupid. Who was that clown who got the first personal foul on a frggin TOUCHBACK???? Cut him. He's literally not needed. If he's too stupid to get a penalty on a touchback, he has no business being on a NFL team.

- The two fumbles. We had good things brewing on offense and Steater and Taiwan "Nubs-for-Hands" Jones killed drives for us.

- Tommy Kelly needs to be fined for every penalty he commits.

- The play calling. It was very boring. Some people will not like that. It DID move the ball though. I just found it very bland and people will pick up on it. I feel that Knapp has been around long enough to know better though and he'll make some tweaks to throw some wrinkles in every now and then. I also really think the Jones fumble caused him to go a little more conservative.

- Long snapping. So sad.............

The Solution

- Throwing in some unexpected twists on offense.

- Blitzing more from our safeties. I honestly think this is where Branch is at his best and he was pretty much invisible last night. Luckily that TD pass on him wasn't completed otherwise, he'd be in the "bad" section IMO.

- Get guys healthy. We NEED Condo and having Wiz back would be great although I thought Parsons played OK shockingly enough.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't overload on the punt.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
They didn't overload on the punt.

Odd . . . Shane Lechler's commented in the post game that Condo would have recognized them loading up and adjusted.

So apparently Shane saw something you didn't. That block was on the lack of Condo, not on Giordano.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD:

Palmer- everyone is dogging him for dumping off to McFadden, but he did so mostly after going through his progression and not finding anyone open. He made nice deep throws that DHB and everybody's mancrush Streater dropped. Not sure how we can be mad at a QB who threw for nearly 300 yards, didnt turn the ball over, and scored a TD with no run support and poor playcalling.

Defense- Very impressed by our defensive unit last night. Kept Rivers from going crazy on us, completely shut down their run game. A lot of his pass yards came from passes to RBs in the flats. Stopping those plays and a turnover or two wouldve really put our D over the top, but cant be mad at these guys.

BAD:

Run game- non-existant

WRs- DHB and Streater both dropped big passes that we needed to complete. Not acceptable.

UGLY:

Special Teams- Goethel muffed two snaps, and we had a punt blocked. Downright dispicable.

Knapp- predictable, poorly called plays all night. Knapp is the Bres of offensive coordinators.

SOLUTION:

Health- Moore and Ford returning will surely help. Condo and Wiz need to be back ASAP.

Play calling- Knapp did an awful job last night. Something needs to change.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: