Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 3- Rams vs Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
Bradford isn't playing well right now. I know I shouldn't take much stock in preseason but I can't help but think....

He looked good 6 days ago.

I don't know, I think the whole offence was bad last night. If I was Pead, I'd be worried. Very Worried! Although he did well returning

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher didnt't seem to bothered Shocked

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lago_vista wrote:
Can someone please tell me why we didn't go for two? I guess I can understand maybe they wanted to practice the onside but they used the camp leg instead of GZ.............I don't get it. Stupid move Fish
No reason to risk injuries in OT. I thought it was the smart move.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
Bradford isn't playing well right now. I know I shouldn't take much stock in preseason but I can't help but think....

I don't know, I think the whole offence was bad last night. If I was Pead, I'd be worried. Very Worried! Although he did well returning
Pead has nothing to worry about
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I saw last night was:

Thats not the offense we are going to be going into the season with. Without Steven its really easy to shutdown our offense because the secondary doesnt have to pay attention to the running game.

That Line wasnt what we are going to have either. It was Wells first action back, Dahl wasnt in there who is really important, and Barry Richardson was AWFUL again. Its gotta be Jason Smith, if its not then Sam might actually get killed this year.

Their Secondary is set up to shut down teams with Two #1 WRs, we dont have one.

We were obviously trying to integrate alot of the Cover 2 stuff in last night, and we did not do so well at that. I think they will mute those tendencies down for now, stick more to Man and soft zones till we can get the Cover 2 aspects better. Thats where the major cushions came from and all the open spots for the WRs to sit in.
yrba1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
That Line wasnt what we are going to have either. It was Wells first action back, Dahl wasnt in there who is really important, and Barry Richardson was AWFUL again. Its gotta be Jason Smith, if its not then Sam might actually get killed this year.

We definitely need to get the entire starting O-line unit together to gel. If they do (as well as avoid injuries) the line should improve greatly.
JAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts...

I don't think Smith has done anything to prove that he deserves to be the starter more than Richardson. While Smith is a more tenacious run-blocker, he is just so inept in pass-blocking that I think he is far more dangerous to Bradford's health than Richardson. Richardson had a bone-head false start and isn't exactly a road-grader, but he doesn't just let rushers blow by him untouched as much as Smith does. A lot of us thought the Richardson signing/promotion was just to light a fire under Smith's butt.. but it obviously hasn't worked. He is an athletic guy and has great movement in the running game, but he doesn't look like he has any clue in pass protection. I appreciate him recognizing the fact that he has been so bad and owning up to it, but that isn't a free pass. I think that by now (year 4) the game is just beyond him.

Ojinnaka looked a lot worse than Richardson last night at times. I was hoping he would step up with talk of Rok stealing reps at LG1.

Scott Wells looked solid. My expectations are very low.. but he is smart, and he is surprisingly solid in pass protection. He is just soo small. Reminds me of an even smaller Nick Leckey.. Hopefully Wells won't be nearly as bad.

Pead/Givens should be the primary kick returners (Maybe Jenkins/Amendola for punts). Pead is the #3/3rd down back in my eyes, Richardson has earned the #2 spot. I don't think he has the hands or blocking ability to be the 3rd down guy.. but he is very quick, and a no-nonsense cut-and-go runner. At this stage in the game, he has been the better relief back for Jackson.

I give kudos to Austin Pettis for how much he has improved from last year. Last year I would always forget that he was 6'3" 200+ when I watched him. He always played so small. He is making some more plays, but last night he showed he still drops passes and can't come up with the big plays that separate good wide receivers from regular wide receivers. It was the same at the training camp practices I went to. Every 3rd or so ball would fly through his hands and he would curse and smack himself in the helmet. He is not ready to be a top 3 receiver on this team. I don't think he should be a first round cut like I expected, but I still don't know if he needs to be kept.

Honestly, I loved Jeff Fisher passing on the 2 point conversion. To me it shows confidence, and a veteran understanding of the purpose of preseason. Fisher already bucked the "dress rehearsal" cliche when he said he would play his starters more in game 4 (makes total sense to me). I clapped when he trotted the extra point team out there. I think that highlight should be shown to anyone who tries to draw conclusions about how teams look in preseason (mainly those who look at W-L). Why risk injuring potential roster players, and potential cuts who may look to sign on elsewhere, just for overtime in an exhibition game.

I love this Austin Davis kid. I think he has a long way to go yet, but he is a gamer. He's got a bull-dog attitude and reminds me a ton of Tony Romo coming out of NIU.

Awful tackling should be the biggest headline from the game. But that is something that Jeff Fisher is certainly going to address; doesn't concern me going forward... unless Craig Dahl is a starter.

I'm keeping quiet in regards to Bradford this training camp/heading into the season. I don't think my opinion would be a very popular one, and I'm waiting to see him in the regular season.

A lot of us weren't satisfied with the additions to the LB core.. but Dunbar and McIntosh really have impressed me. I still expect us to be a bottom 5 43 OLB core, but we've been the absolute worst for 3-4 years.

This Trumaine Johnson is impressive. Love the attitude and he moves/reacts so quickly for a guy as big as he is. I love him in the nickel CB role. He and Jerome Murphy are very good joker guys for our secondary; with the ability to line up at S or CB.

I feel bad for the Lindholm kid.. you aren't going to get many callbacks when you miss an XP and fail at an onside kick so badly in your biggest audition of the preseason.

I want there to be a 54th roster spot on this team just for Chase Reynolds. I love his attitude and tenacity. But the realist inside me knows he would be downright awful if he was playing against anyone but 3rd stringers and roster fodder.

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-watched the game. The refs are just hilarious. That Kyle Orton fumble wasn't called and that Greg Salas catch was clearly a catch.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our linebackers are really struggling, and that's a legitimate concern. I saw tons of bad angles, miscommunication, getting blown out of plays.. Not a good sign.

My NFL Draft Thread
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Just re-watched the game. The refs are just hilarious. That Kyle Orton fumble wasn't called and that Greg Salas catch was clearly a catch.

It's ridiculous. What really pizzes me off is that it has seemed over the last few years that replays have gone from indisputable evidence(as they should be) to reasonable doubt. Anyone who tries to claim that there was indisputable evidence that Salas didn't catch that is full of sh!t. It really is a shame.

But I love Salas. I wish we would get him on the field more.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think fish did some good work with the boys last night. yeah there was some bad things but also i saw some good in there too. like everyone else noticed besides me tackling was bad. Courtland among all the players of our D was missing them. but not to really harp on our players i truly believe the team we faced yesterday could easily win their division. they beat the niners in their own home in over time. i knew going into this game there was going to be some mismatch issues but i think this gives fisher a perfect opportunity to show everyone the film and work on our weaknesses. a few players i think will be good in time is pead. i think hes to eager to take it to the house every time he has the ball in his hands, he just needs to be patient. the wrs looked ok. kendricks had a few looks and it was nice to see him reel in a few. i know its probably just because of preseason or to conserve some of the better plays of our playbook for the regular season but im tired of seeing five yard passes. it happened quite a bit and it just reminded me of last season. special teams looked good, hekker and greg the leg looked good as well. overall i think it really just pans out. i know i among few on here probably set our sights a little high this year and probably will be disappointed but i truly believe this team is a few key pieces away to making a big push for the playoffs.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

Which would be one in about the last four or five.

I know it's dumb.... But still can't shake this feeling.

This team should be better then this. The talent is there.

RIP Robin Williams
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin Davis will Start at least one game this season Shocked

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
What? Where do you figure that?

RIP Robin Williams
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
What? Where do you figure that?

Bradford injury and/or end of the season.

My NFL Draft Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: