Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 3- Rams vs Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams offense drive 5

Nice punt return by Danny, until he jumped head first into a tackle and lost the ball. We recover, but also get called for holding. (Please take Danny off returns if he is going to act all Rambo like, we need him healthy).

Offensive line has gotten nice initial push on consecutive run plays and has nearly broken through to the second level on their blocks.

Bradford badly overthrows Steve Smith on the left sideline on a mid range fade route. He seems to struggle throwing down that left sideline.

Rams fake punt and Matt Daniels runs for a huge gain. It's nice Fisher realizes our O needs additional reps.

Bradford feels heat, doesn't look good in eluding it, but gets an incomplete throw to the check down RB off.

Screen to Richardson, who gets good yardage, but didn't make anyone miss.

Shovel right to Richardson for a first down. Looks like Richardson ran the wrong play.

Richardson gets good yardage off left, awkwardly, Bradford ended up on his butt without being touched.

Rihardson off right end for a first down.

Bradford finds Smith for a medium gain against zone coverage. 8 yard stop route.

Bradford misses Richardson on a swing pass while facing pressure.

Needing only three yards for a first down, the Rams try two passes while in the red zone. Bradford missed both throws, but coverage was adequate .

Rams earn new set of downs due to a 'boys penalty.

Bradford hits Pettis' hands on the left sideline, the ball bounces off his mitts, just missing a touchdown. Good throw by Sam.

Bradford to McNeil for a short gain.

Bradford checks down to Richardson who has blanketed by Sean Lee. Poor decision by Sam on 3rd and goal.

On 4th and goal, the Rams WRs are very well covered, incomplete pass by Bradford after he once again throws into coverage (not that any one was open).

'Boys take over on downs.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I'm taking away from the first half;

The passing portion of our offense will be mostly short to intermediate, with very few read progressions expected of Sam. (At least that is what is has been so far)

We need to work on tackling.

Bradford needs to improve his pocket awareness.

Our offensive line is going to limit what we can do on offense again this year.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford isn't playing too well right now. Although, if you watch the Richardson play, the ball ends up right in his hands somehow and he drops it. I don't know how but Bradford squeezed it in there. Richardson should have caught it. Marshall also made a good point about Richardson drifting on his route which made the throw more difficult.

Richardson is doing a good job but is obviously still adjusting to the pro game.

BTW, did anyone else see Orton fumble the snap and the utterly incompetent replay official never call for a review? He's not even a replacement. There's no excuse for him doing such an embarrassingly bad job.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bradford isn't playing too well right now. Although, if you watch the Richardson play, the ball ends up right in his hands somehow and he drops it. I don't know how but Bradford squeezed it in there. Richardson should have caught it. Marshall also made a good point about Richardson drifting on his route which made the throw more difficult.

Richardson is doing a good job but is obviously still adjusting to the pro game.

BTW, did anyone else see Orton fumble the snap and the utterly incompetent replay official never call for a review? He's not even a replacement. There's no excuse for him doing such an embarrassingly bad job.

These Refs are out of control bad, and apparently nervous also. I hope this doesn't continue.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick just broke somethin. Ribs or hand. prediction of couse.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright well maybe not. looked scary though.
lago_vista

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me why we didn't go for two? I guess I can understand maybe they wanted to practice the onside but they used the camp leg instead of GZ.............I don't get it. Stupid move Fish

MY GALLERY

WELCOME TO THE GATEWAY
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knee jerk reaction time...

When Dallas and St. Louis first made the draft day trade, there was a lot of mixed reactions. Of course, Dallas got Mo Claiborne and St. Louis got Brockers and Jenkins. Brockers appeared to play well, but Jenkins got beat badly and repeatedly. Claiborne played well. What is your pre-season knee jerk reaction of the trade now?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
JAD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Knee jerk reaction time...

When Dallas and St. Louis first made the draft day trade, there was a lot of mixed reactions. Of course, Dallas got Mo Claiborne and St. Louis got Brockers and Jenkins. Brockers appeared to play well, but Jenkins got beat badly and repeatedly. Claiborne played well. What is your pre-season knee jerk reaction of the trade now?

Loved it then, love it now.

Though I was very high on Claiborne, I had Brockers as the #1 DT and a top 10 prospect and thought Jenkins (sans character concerns) was certainly worth a top-half 1st rounder. I always bring up the quote that came out at the combine when a "team picking in top 5" (before our redskins trade) "would not let Brockers get by them".. obviously that was us. Our front office said they would have taken Brockers at #6.. so obviously it was a great trade for us. And the Cowboys, with a very talented roster and limited needs got an immediate impact stud with top-5 CB upside.

I think its certainly a win-win for both teams. Claiborne had his injury early on, but I think you'll see him just get better every week. Brockers and Jenkins are both going to start for us, and will impact early on.. even if they aren't as NFL ready as Claiborne, and don't have near the supporting cast that Claiborne does.

I dont think there is anyone from either fanbase that would take the trade back.

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........WHO THE HECK IS RUNNING THIS DEFENCE!!! 8 YARD CUSHINS ON 3 AND LONG?!?!?! EASY SLANT DONT YA THINK?!?

Awful Game.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So If Austin , Bryant and Witten woulda played we woulda given what? 15 yard cushions? I play Corner all through High school, that was afwul tonight. We gotta figure this zone defence out quick, AND The Offence is out of sync, Stop messing around with Barry Richardson. Get Smith in.

Good Game Quinn

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
DZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Anybody watch the game with Rams broadcasters? Reply with quote

If so, were the cameras facing the Rams sideline or the Cowboys sideline (for the main view)? I'm wondering for next game (Cowboys/Dolphins), and I'd like to get the Dolphins broadcast if they focus on the Dolphins sideline/crowd (we're in the 1st row, Dolphins side).

Last edited by DZ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Sam got blown up by Sean Lee, he had an easy 10-15 yeard scramble under his nose. Gotta see these things.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford isn't playing well right now. I know I shouldn't take much stock in preseason but I can't help but think....

iPwn wrote:
I'd rather be ignorant to others' ignorance.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Bradford isn't playing well right now. I know I shouldn't take much stock in preseason but I can't help but think....

He looked good 6 days ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: