Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCAA 13 ROTB OD // WEEK 14, 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
delpanator23 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Since only 3/10 of us has players declaring[5 total players] I'm going to advance past players leaving.

I was literally online and just convinced my guy to stay when you advanced it and it didn't register. He was a RS Soph and far and away my best play and a 99 speed. Iy would have been nice to give us a little time or look and make sure the play wasn't out best guy...

Yeah, considering I lost a 91 rated HB, a backup QB, and an 81 OVR RS Fr WR it would have been nice to at least have had the evening to do it. Like, even a warning would have been appreciated. That kind of sucked.

I don't think you have much to worry about when it comes to losing players.

While the backup QB was never going to play for me, I now have to deal with an 85-86 rated RB instead of one rated 95. That's a big difference, and will impact my run game. And I RSed that particular WR so that he could start for 3-4 years. Both players were significant, and I don't know what the problem would have been to tell us, "hey, guys, I advanced to the offseason. you have until 12AM EST to convince your players to stay."

I specifically didn't recruit any WR this year because I had that guy to be around for awhile.

Everyone had an issue with it taking to long last year, and now everyone has an issue with me going to fast this year - it's a lose/lose for me. I don't believe you should have ever been given the chance to convince your players to stay, because they always do.

1. When it comes to competitive balance and fairness to every member of the dynasty, I think every effort should be made to give every member every opportunity to make their team as good as it can be. Taking an extra 6 hours is hardly a sacrifice if it means that several users can make their team as good as it can be.

2. Why should I (and as a result, newer teams like Ole Miss) be punished for my success at recruiting? Just because I have a strong program doesn't mean that it suddenly becomes OK for me to lose elite prospects. As I said earlier, I built my team in a certain way and I deserve every chance to make it as strong as I can. And were I in an opposite position where somebody else had a strong program and I didn't, I'd have exactly the same opinion.

3. Players don't "always" stay. I lost 3 players last year, including a 79 OVR QB that started two games, even after promising them a lot. There's no guarantee that my players would have stayed this time, but I don't think it's fair that I (and the other 2-3 users in the same position as me) don't get the chance to at least try to convince them to stay.

4. Re: you saying it's a "lose/lose" situation to either take too long to get the offseason done or to skip past it and screw over other teams: IMO it's a much bigger "lose" for the OD as a whole if certain players are placed at a competitive disadvantage for expediency's sake. The amount of time it would have taken use 3-4 users to convince our players to have stayed would have taken at most tonight...you could have advanced late tonight or early tomorrow and we would still be right on track. Instead, we have multiple uers who are disgruntled because they weren't given a fair shake. IMO that's a much bigger problem than people getting impatient and wanting to play sooner rather than later.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
StancherPoem8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Since only 3/10 of us has players declaring[5 total players] I'm going to advance past players leaving.

Hey Mix do you remember the 5 players declaring, or at least from what teams? I cant check my roster Im at work. Thanks
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StancherPoem8 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Hey Mix do you remember the 5 players declaring, or at least from what teams? I cant check my roster Im at work. Thanks

Nobody from your squad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
StancherPoem8 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Nobody from your squad

So are we at week 1 for recruiting?
bck1195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bck1195 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
StancherPoem8 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Nobody from your squad

If we are I will get my recruiting done at 5pm pacific
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bck1195 wrote:
bck1195 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
StancherPoem8 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Nobody from your squad

If we are I will get my recruiting done at 5pm pacific

We are.

Two things for you to know remix. I'm probably going to sleep at like 6 pm EST so I will transfer commish back first. Seems like we will still be on week 1.

Also we need a new thread. At 101 pages.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Two things for you to know remix. I'm probably going to sleep at like 6 pm EST so I will transfer commish back first. Seems like we will still be on week 1.

6/10 are RTA. Was planning on advancing at 6 or just transferring commish back to remix. Remix I have it back to you as I'm going to sleep.

Everyone try to be RTA by 1 am EST if at all possible to get this show on the road.

Also we still need a new thread, but I want remix to make it so he can edit the title and OP as he wants...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

6/10 are RTA. Was planning on advancing at 6 or just transferring commish back to remix. Remix I have it back to you as I'm going to sleep.

Everyone try to be RTA by 1 am EST if at all possible to get this show on the road.

Also we still need a new thread, but I want remix to make it so he can edit the title and OP as he wants...

Sorry for the hold up it wont let me recruit from my PC for some reason.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you all be opposed to setting out like a 2-4hr block maybe tomorrow to advance through the whole off season? I know we are in different time zones but maybe like starting from 10pm to 1am (EST). Something where we are all on the forum at the same time and we check in to recruit and advance.

It may not work but just wanted to ask.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
delpanator23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Would you all be opposed to setting out like a 2-4hr block maybe tomorrow to advance through the whole off season? I know we are in different time zones but maybe like starting from 10pm to 1am (EST). Something where we are all on the forum at the same time and we check in to recruit and advance.

I'd be fine with it any other day but Im taking winter school right now and my Accounting Final is on Wednesday.

With that said, if everyone else can I can try and recruit/study at the same time. So yeah, i guess im in favor of it Laughing

^^^Kempes on the sig!

Adopt a Dirty Bird: Kroy "The Beer Truck" Biermann
bck1195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rta
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:

I'd be okay with this - going to advance and work on a new thread right now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
Page 101 of 101

Jump to: