Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontae Davis Possible Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, trades in the NFL are rare. However, we would not trade a 3 (?) year first round pick, who compares himself to Revis Island, for another first round pick. I also dont believe he warents 2 first found picks. I would say, from a GM stand point, no one would give us fair value for him with out reaching. A first and a 4th might move him.

Will we ever address the Guard position?

Larry Little #66
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
I don't care, trade him. As long as it makes the team better. Not like he is a lock down corner. Trade him and maybe we get a pick and Mathis or Freeney. We could really use pass rush.

I agree with your rationale concerning Davis. I do not want Freeney or Mathis in return. I just want the draft pick. That is assuming Miami can get a high enough pick. They should at least get a 2nd round pick for him. I doubt they get a 1st because the Colts will probably be picking in the top 10. I said this a couple days ago, blow the whole thing up. A lot of these players do not fit Miami's style of play on offense or defense. This season is going to mirror Miami's 1-15 season.

You can tell when a team is going to be bad based on their belief in the QB. Teams with good offenses always think they can win. This season is going to be brutal.

I agree. On defense i think we aren't far away at all. Our offense is a different story. I'll give the right tackle time but Incognito and John Jerry don't fit the profile for finesse. Fasano is not a very athletic TE and doesn't fit the offense.

I want to see how the off season plays out. I want to see if we do "blow it up" I hope we keep on not signing free agents and build through the draft.

UniversalAuthor
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
First off, trades in the NFL are rare. However, we would not trade a 3 (?) year first round pick, who compares himself to Revis Island, for another first round pick. I also dont believe he warents 2 first found picks. I would say, from a GM stand point, no one would give us fair value for him with out reaching. A first and a 4th might move him.

A first and what? Are you serious? There is no way Davis will even get a first round pick. Remember Patrick Surtain had better production than Davis and Miami managed a 2nd rounder.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:

A first and what? Are you serious? There is no way Davis will even get a first round pick. Remember Patrick Surtain had better production than Davis and Miami managed a 2nd rounder.

Of course not. But that's why Davis won't be moved.

As an aside, I'd say Davis today is more valuable than Surtain was when moved. Simply because Davis is very young (24), cheap (still on rookie deal), and the fact that today's NFL is more pass-oriented than the league Surtain played in.

Past production is nice, but doesn't help a team play well the following year.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:

Of course not. But that's why Davis won't be moved.

As an aside, I'd say Davis today is more valuable than Surtain was when moved. Simply because Davis is very young (24), cheap (still on rookie deal), and the fact that today's NFL is more pass-oriented than the league Surtain played in.

Past production is nice, but doesn't help a team play well the following year.

I am not sure Surtains age when traded but the two are not comparable in terms of production.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the Colts are looking for Offensive Line for Luck.

Given the number of offensive lineman who have gone down with injuries this preseason, many teams are looking for line help.

One possibility is out west with Denver. As far as the Dolphins go our biggest commodity on the line is Jake Long.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:

Yeah, seriously. I would be astonished if any organisation trades a first round pick for a former late first round pick who has lost his starting job through inconsistency & a lack of professionalism. I'd be dumbfounded if an organisation traded a first round pick AND more.

Not gonna happen. I like Vontae but he really needs to improve. There's no way anyone values him as more than one pick.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
I don't care, trade him. As long as it makes the team better. Not like he is a lock down corner. Trade him and maybe we get a pick and Mathis or Freeney. We could really use pass rush.

I agree with your rationale concerning Davis. I do not want Freeney or Mathis in return. I just want the draft pick. That is assuming Miami can get a high enough pick. They should at least get a 2nd round pick for him. I doubt they get a 1st because the Colts will probably be picking in the top 10. I said this a couple days ago, blow the whole thing up. A lot of these players do not fit Miami's style of play on offense or defense. This season is going to mirror Miami's 1-15 season.

You can tell when a team is going to be bad based on their belief in the QB. Teams with good offenses always think they can win. This season is going to be brutal.

I'm on board with this too. If the Front Office is going to trade Vontae then it's clear they feel he isn't in the mold of how they are trying to build, and that's not too hard for me to believe with his practice issues / work ethic / drinking problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: