Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

POST GAME - Preseason Week 3: Packers (27) vs. Bengals (13)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: POST GAME - Preseason Week 3: Packers (27) vs. Bengals (13) Reply with quote

Just thought it'd be easier to discuss the results from the win here rather than the game thread!

Thumbs Up:

Nick Perry: We've seen some consistent pass rush from the rookie. Bull rush is obviously looking great and that'll add something special to our defense. Best part was that he brought it on every down. Anyone have any comments on his abilities in space thus far?

Tramon Williams: Looked great on a few passes thrown AJ Green's way. Shoulder looks good. Returning to the 2010 version and that's something that's obviously crucial to our defense.

Jerel Worthy: Held the point well and got a little pressure. Still relying too much on his quickness but he made the LT look silly on one pressure. Good to see some strides were made.

Benson/Green Duo: Benson looked like a beast and that ground game out of the shotgun adds something special to our offensive attack. Very excited about this. Benson runs hard and has pretty solid vision. Early to expect Green to be fully prepared, but I don't mind him and Benson splitting carries so CB has some legs come December/January.

Thumbs Down

Offensive Line: Looked shaky and Rodgers was scrambling far more than we'd like. Hopefully this isn't a problem going forward, but Rodgers shouldn't have to create that much time every time he drops back.

Harrell: This is redundant by now, but he doesn't look comfortable back there. Sure, the OL in front of him is trash, but when he does have time he doesn't make anything happen. I don't see it in the guy. Three games and he hasn't made one play that stands out. Give me the rookie with some upside and an arm.

Greg Jennings/Aaron Rodgers chemistry: Nothing to be concerned about, but they weren't on. Just a temporary problem that will be resolved, though.

Mr.RodgersNeighborhood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:
+ Cedric Benson
+ Nick Perry
+ Pass Rush
+ Defensive Line
+ First Team Offense

Negatives:
- Graham Harrell
- Second Team Offensive Line
- Diondre Borel
- Turnovers

A Little of Both:
+/- Sam Shields
+/- Casey Hayward

The defense played much better tonight. The defensive line was getting good push, run defense maintained containment, pass rush was consistent, and young players stepped up - Worthy, Perry, Daniels, Hayward, Shields, Lattimore. Shields flashed with an interception but also got burned a few times. Hayward forced a fumble and played tight in coverage, but also got beat for a TD.

The first team offense played well with the exception of a few miscommunications and hiccups. The turnovers need to stop on the offensive side of the ball. It was nice to have Jennings back but the timing wasn't spectacular between him and Rodgers. Benson looked great and was a breath of fresh air for our ground game; his presence was threat enough to open up the play action right away. The second team offense was poor. Harrell was given almost no time, and he made errant throws when he had his chances. Borel had some bad drops. Marc Tyler showed pretty well.

Overall, it was a solid performance. I liked what I saw out of the young players on defense and was excited by Benson's play. My main concerns leaving this game is O-line depth, Harrell, and consistency.

Sig by Justo
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thumbs up would include:

Eric Walden, a guy who gets beat up around these parts, but seems to have elevated his game. As a fill in I like what I see out of him and there's been a growth there.

Sam Shields, maybe part of it is there's less time for a QB but I thought he filled in nice. There was the long pass to AJ Green, but where was the safety? I was far more worried about the safety that was nowhere and lost.

Hayward, the guy is picking it up and running. Don't blame the TD on him at all.

Cobb, made some plays as a Wr, but man his ST play is such a relief.

Jerron McMillian, he looks the part and plays hard. Makes the tackles and is seeming to get more comfortable and better everytime I see him.

Performances I could have done without watching.

Borel- Seems just another guy. No spark... Would have thought he had a job sown up.

MD Jennings. I don't get this guy at all. He's playing like a rookie. He's the same guy every time I see him. Normally a guy gets better even if it is maginal. I see no difference in this guy. He's got such a great opportunity...

Gurley. I dunno what to say. I expected more with this fight between Borel and Gurley, some tooth and nails... What I witnessed was more like a Jersey Shore scripted cat fight. Maybe that's the QB and O-line. But neither make me want to see Driver get a Greyhound ticket.
Burnett42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benson Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Tyler told me via twitter he just got the wind knocked out of him. I'm starting to think he should be our third RB. He has been the offense once Rodgers is taken out. With the first unit, I think he can be serviceable, maybe even good once he has a year or two in the pros tuning his body and game to the NFL.

Not sure why Hayward is so highly regarded right now. Inconsistent.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since everyone knows that the D looked good, and this and that ...ill just point out less obvious players from my standpoint

i don't think there is ANY way graham harrell makes this team..same with coleman.

starts probably getting cut, same with tyler, though he looked good at times tonight.

phillip merling had some nice plays

MD JENNINGS IS DAT DUUUUDE...dude was in like every play, getting his hands dirty, loved it.

mcmillian looked ok i thought

walden with that pressure!

borel looked like someone who's not going to make this NFL team. and he knew it.

that LT wells, i thought stood out as the best part of the crappy 2nd team line. while he's definitely raw, i thought he maybe has a shot to make the team, or for sure the PS.

same shields looked like trash. 1 interception doesn't make up for getting burnt the entire game.

as much as i HATE to say it, crabtree made a pretty amazing catch. not the CATCH so much, but KNOWING he was gonna get lit up and came down with the ball...
Bucks
Badgers
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
since everyone knows that the D looked good, and this and that ...ill just point out less obvious players from my standpoint

i don't think there is ANY way graham harrell makes this team..same with coleman.

starts probably getting cut, same with tyler, though he looked good at times tonight.

phillip merling had some nice plays

MD JENNINGS IS DAT DUUUUDE...dude was in like every play, getting his hands dirty, loved it.

mcmillian looked ok i thought

walden with that pressure!

borel looked like someone who's not going to make this NFL team. and he knew it.

that LT wells, i thought stood out as the best part of the crappy 2nd team line. while he's definitely raw, i thought he maybe has a shot to make the team, or for sure the PS.

same shields looked like trash. 1 interception doesn't make up for getting burnt the entire game.

as much as i HATE to say it, crabtree made a pretty amazing catch. not the CATCH so much, but KNOWING he was gonna get lit up and came down with the ball...
The only o-lineman we have named Wells is Reggie Wells and he's a 10 year vet. No PS for him lol.

Kempes on the custom sig!
GreenNgoldGirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, but no one has Rodgers in their thumbs up? I think he looked much more comfortable and did much better tonight. As far as Jennings, he himself admitted to rust...but really showed little concern so I dont have it either. Harrell..yikes. I like the kid but just not sure he can perform as the backup of a superbowl mvp/reg season mvp.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

Really? You actually think that? Like...really?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers was throwing a lot of balls downfield where DB's just made great pass breakups I thought

his % was shotty but he wasn't throwing underneath that much

refs missed some calls that we'd normally get too (Nelson long pass, Jennings pass breakup)

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
GreenNgoldGirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting that aside...he had 2 rushing TD's.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

It is early, but im worried about him being Pat Lee v 2.0
ECPackers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

yah, they are both bad to the point, where i believe they'll both get cut.

and about reggie wells.... i know we signed him but....i didn't know he was a TEN year vet...omg lol. i thought maybe he was like a perennial pre-season camp body or PS guy. didn't think he was good enough to be a TEN year man. lol
Bucks
Badgers
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

It is early, but im worried about him being Pat Lee v 2.0

Everyone's raving about his performance in camp thus far. Rookie corners need more time to adjust than almost any position in the league. Hayward will be a playmaker for us.
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Don't think Rodgers looks that good either. He doesn't stay in the pocket and throw the ball, who does he think he is, Mike Vick??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: