Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Andre Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for Andre Johnson Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Andre Johnson

I know he's having health problems but it's getting to the point where he's dropping in fantasy drafts that I have to consider him. If healthy, what kind of a season can you see him putting up, and would he be a good WR2 option?

Thank you
treece300e

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for Andre Johnson Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Andre Johnson

I know he's having health problems but it's getting to the point where he's dropping in fantasy drafts that I have to consider him. If healthy, what kind of a season can you see him putting up, and would he be a good WR2 option?

Thank you

I think he's a strong WR2 option. When he's healthy and playing with Schaub, they are a top-notch combination. Last year he was on pace for about 1100 yards, 70 catches and only 4-5 touchdowns, which is not a great year, but part of that was with a 3rd string, 5th Round rookie QB. While our WR corps has been chastised by many, I think they are going to be better than many expect. I would say with a full season with Schaub, you'd be looking at about 80-90 receptions, 1250ish yards, and 6 TDs. Regardless of not having great and well-known targets around him, our offense is designed to cover-up the lack of exceptional receivers by exploiting defenses with play action which is set up by an exceptional rushing attack.
jargin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,400 yards 13 TDs if he is healthy all season.

1,200 yards 11 TDs if he is healthy but we rest him for the playoffs or he misses a game or two.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By WR2 are you meaning he'll be between the 13th and 25th most productive receiver? Um, yes he will and I'd return him to his rightful place just behind Calvin and Fitz because projecting injuries is pointless (I drafted Brady in the first in 08 and he played 1 game, while Chad Pennington started all 16 in Miami). I will say that one thing I do factor in a bit with AJ is that when he does get hurt, he tends to stay out week (or months) longer than others and tends to by prone to the dreaded "game-time decision" as we don't like to tip our hand with him because of the changes in defensive gameplan his absence brings. I don't think he's bona fide end of the 1st round anymore, but I'll strongly consider him in 2nd to pair with QB or RB in first and I'd be elated to see him last until the 3rd (I tend to let others in my money league reach on Texans and Cowboys though and I generally don't like having either on my team as I don't like rooting for Cowboys or getting mad at Texans). I LOVE fantasy drafters who just look at the previous season's stats and will assume Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz are better than AJ based upon one season. There aren't many teams where the #1 is as clearly defined as in Houston.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
By WR2 are you meaning he'll be between the 13th and 25th most productive receiver? Um, yes he will and I'd return him to his rightful place just behind Calvin and Fitz because projecting injuries is pointless (I drafted Brady in the first in 08 and he played 1 game, while Chad Pennington started all 16 in Miami). I will say that one thing I do factor in a bit with AJ is that when he does get hurt, he tends to stay out week (or months) longer than others and tends to by prone to the dreaded "game-time decision" as we don't like to tip our hand with him because of the changes in defensive gameplan his absence brings. I don't think he's bona fide end of the 1st round anymore, but I'll strongly consider him in 2nd to pair with QB or RB in first and I'd be elated to see him last until the 3rd (I tend to let others in my money league reach on Texans and Cowboys though and I generally don't like having either on my team as I don't like rooting for Cowboys or getting mad at Texans). I LOVE fantasy drafters who just look at the previous season's stats and will assume Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz are better than AJ based upon one season. There aren't many teams where the #1 is as clearly defined as in Houston.

Did anyone else laugh? Laughing

Sorry, Apollo. Had to.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: