Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Peterson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for Peterson Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Adrian Peterson

Is he going to play starting week one? I heard that they will ease him into it but by all accounts he has healed fine. Is he still worth a 2nd round pick in a 10 team league, and what kind of stats can you see him putting up this year?

Thanks
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for Peterson Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

Is he going to play starting week one? I heard that they will ease him into it but by all accounts he has healed fine. Is he still worth a 2nd round pick in a 10 team league, and what kind of stats can you see him putting up this year?

Thanks

With the way Toby is playing they will definitely split carries, at least in the early parts of the season. Beyond that, who knows. Toby will probably also get more of the red zone carries throughout the season because there is no reason to pound AP against a wall when you have a better power back.

AP will still get his carries and break off some big runs, but I don't think he will have the statistical consistently that you look for in a top fantasy back.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for Peterson Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

Thanks

Second round is about right. If you're in a league with Vikings fans, he could go late first.
THE PACK MAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson shoudn't be touched until late 3rd. Too many questions this year. You cant afford to whiff in the first 2 rounds.
Cantwin1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PACK MAN wrote:
Peterson shoudn't be touched until late 3rd. Too many questions this year. You cant afford to whiff in the first 2 rounds.

I took him mid 4th in one league. Another league he went last pick in the 3rd. It's not only his health that will affect him this year. Toby has been looking very good which will limit his carries a bit more than previous years.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play in a 16 team league. He will go in the first. I might even take him because I've gotten crushed by not having even serviceable RB's the last two years...

By the way...never play in a 16 team league.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PACK MAN wrote:

While I understand the concern, I still think people are making a serious mistake in waiting to take Adrian. He isn't like any other RB I've seen in years. I wouldn't be shocked to see him lead the league in fantasy points this year.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
THE PACK MAN wrote:

While I understand the concern, I still think people are making a serious mistake in waiting to take Adrian. He isn't like any other RB I've seen in years. I wouldn't be shocked to see him lead the league in fantasy points this year.

I got him in the 4th. I think he will be a steal.
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got him in the 3rd/4th round in my 10 team draft. I was 10th so I had last 3rd/first 4th picks.

I expect him to be eased into action. Should be in full stride come playoff time (week 12?).
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on snagging him in the 3rd.

The Vikings will ease him back the first few weeks, splitting with Toby Gerhart, due to his injury, and really because Gerhart has finally stepped up his game.

If you grab Adrian, you might want to consider going after Gerhart too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: