Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Pierre Garcon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
I'd take Garçon over Torrey anyday. Not much else passing wise to worry about in Baltimore. I think it will be hard to roll coverage to Garçon with Freddy D and RG3s legs. I have him ranked around 25 heading into my drafts. For big play leagues a touch higher, PPR a touch lower. It's a pretty deep year for WRs in fantasy so I'm looking to stock up on everything else and I'd be thrilled to grab Pierre later on.

RaY Rice, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Tommy Streeter, Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta say high
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
I'd take Garçon over Torrey anyday. Not much else passing wise to worry about in Baltimore. I think it will be hard to roll coverage to Garçon with Freddy D and RG3s legs. I have him ranked around 25 heading into my drafts. For big play leagues a touch higher, PPR a touch lower. It's a pretty deep year for WRs in fantasy so I'm looking to stock up on everything else and I'd be thrilled to grab Pierre later on.

RaY Rice, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Tommy Streeter, Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta say high

Out of that list, I would only worry about Rice and Bolding stealing looks from Torrey Smith. If you were arguing that he should be higher than Garcon, you kind of hurt your own point because the main focal point of that offense will be through Rice. Here in Washington, Garcon could easily get a big piece of the pie.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:

Out of that list, I would only worry about Rice and Bolding stealing looks from Torrey Smith. If you were arguing that he should be higher than Garcon, you kind of hurt your own point because the main focal point of that offense will be through Rice. Here in Washington, Garcon could easily get a big piece of the pie.
That wasn't his point that I was countering.

Dickson and Pitta combined for 94 catches, 933 yds and 8 tds. I think they're are good targets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:

Dickson and Pitta combined for 94 catches, 933 yds and 8 tds. I think they're are good targets.

But your original point was that you would take Torrey Smith over Pierre Garcon ... but these stats that you point out (along with Rice and Boldin's) would lead one to think that Garcon would be the better play as he should have more opportunities.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:

But your original point was that you would take Torrey Smith over Pierre Garcon ... but these stats that you point out (along with Rice and Boldin's) would lead one to think that Garcon would be the better play as he should have more opportunities.
I still feel that way. I was just letting him know the ravens have other WR options, but I think Torey is their best and he has elite speed to stretch the field and score tds. He also has a vet QB growing to him who's had playoff and big game experience. Flacco beat the #1 D in the nfl (Pittsburgh) 2 times lasts year, one time on a pass to Smith. I think all of that makes Torey Smith a better option.
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrey Smith is already overrated.

Blknite01's masterpiece
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words. When you think do Baltimores offense it's Ray Rices 350 touches. Then it's the 90-100 stop routes Flacco throws to Boldin on 3rd down. After that you get to Pitta/Jacoby/Torrey. Garçon is going to the the top WR in DC Freddy a close 2nd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: