Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Boldin/Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for Boldin/Smith Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith

Of the two WRs, who is the go-to target, and more importantly who will put up the better stats?

Thanks
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Smith, especially in a keeper/dynasty league.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would put my money on Smith (and I will be doing so in my auction draft Sunday Smile). Unless we see a big change in Boldin's role I don't think he's going to put up good fantasy numbers where Smith is the kind of wildcard deep-threat that you can take a chance on as a quality #3 WR with upside/FLEX guy. Especially in non-PPR leagues.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 1 year thing, don't sleep on Boldin -- in this up-tempo offense, he's going to make a lot of catches and (hopefully) be used like he should be. Torrey will likely get the bigger chunks of yards and maybe more scores, but I think Boldin is in for a 80 catch, 1000 yard, 7 TD season personally. Flacco loves finding him when operating quickly.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not sure how often we're going to be seeing this up-tempo offense though. That style of play doesn't mesh with the power running game the Ravens like to use and I don't think they make that big of a change in the offense as a whole. Don't forget Cameron is still calling the plays. There will be more up-tempo possessions than we've seen in the past (thankfully) but I'm still skeptical as to how big a part of the offense it's going to be. That's why I'm not buying Boldin as a potential reliable producer in fantasy leagues, at least not until we see the team in the regular season.

I don't meant to hijack the the thread but is anybody taking a shot on Flacco as their fantasy QB? With or without the up-tempo offense it looks like he's taken a big step forward and I could see him putting up Romo/E. Manning/Rivers numbers this season. You can get Flacco much later or cheaper than those guys and that's huge when drafting a team. I think Ryan has a nice season too and I have him above all of those other guys.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm still not sure how often we're going to be seeing this up-tempo offense though. That style of play doesn't mesh with the power running game the Ravens like to use and I don't think they make that big of a change in the offense as a whole. Don't forget Cameron is still calling the plays. There will be more up-tempo possessions than we've seen in the past (thankfully) but I'm still skeptical as to how big a part of the offense it's going to be. That's why I'm not buying Boldin as a potential reliable producer in fantasy leagues, at least not until we see the team in the regular season.

I don't meant to hijack the the thread but is anybody taking a shot on Flacco as their fantasy QB? With or without the up-tempo offense it looks like he's taken a big step forward and I could see him putting up Romo/E. Manning/Rivers numbers this season. You can get Flacco much later or cheaper than those guys and that's huge when drafting a team. I think Ryan has a nice season too and I have him above all of those other guys.

I've got him in both my work and personal leagues as my #2 behind Vick. Was able to get him pretty late in both. I actually took Boldin in both as well. I was able to get him pretty late in the game and barely missed out on Torrey both times. I think he's be a solid depth receiver in fantasy. Something like 850 - 1050 yards and 6 - 8 TD's. I have him as my #3 in one league and my #4 in the other.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrey had a nice game against the Jags, but their really not a top secondary. So it's hard to say whether Joe & Torrey will break out this year. Both seem to be looking sharp and I won't discredit either. Just curious if we can find some consistency. That seems to always be our downfall offensively. Last year week 1 against Pitt I came out saying Joe was going to have a huge year. Then he ended up statistically worse than some of the past few. I just think joe put in the effort this offseason and we will be in for some growth out of him.

I'm not sleeping on either though.. If I'm given a good opportunity and value late in my draft Sunday. I'll be trying to grab both of them.
McGahee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passes on Smith for Roethlisberger as my QB 2

Already had 4 WRs in Marshall, Stevie, Wayne and Garcon

Should I have maybe taken Smith? Already got Brees as my QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: