Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Baltimore Ravens Training Camp Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: 2012 Baltimore Ravens Training Camp Updates Reply with quote

About time to get this started...

Per Aaron Wilson ( https://twitter.com/ravensinsider ):

Terrell Suggs, Courtney Upshaw and TE Bruce Figgins on Non-Football-Injury List

(likely an indication that Upshaw, Figgings failed the conditioning test)

Pernell McPhee (knee), Kelechi Osemele (leg), David Reed (knee), Jah Reid (calf) on PUP list.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt get too concerned about Upshaw's conditioning just yet. A lot of things can happen to cause a player to fail the test that arent really a big deal. It might just have to do with pacing. A lot of players have had to retake the conditioning test in the past, notably Terrell Suggs.

Hopefully Osemele and Reid get off the PUP list asap. We need them to start competing on the line. As far as I know, they arent major concerns. The only guy who could be on there for an extended time is David Reed depending on the progress of his knee.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's not a big deal that Upshaw didn't pass the conditioning test right away. But then there's this:

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens

Thank you @OJBrigance for inspiring me to pass the #Ravens conditioning test today. Story/video to come - Mink

Mink did and Upshaw didn't? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Courtney Upshaw indicates that he passed conditioning test on second try and has since been allowed to practice

Sounds like McPhee and KO are expected to get back to practising soon, but Reid may take a little more time

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its too bad Reid could be out for a couple weeks. I never expected him to compete for the left guard spot, but I want him to get as many reps as possible at tackle. That places even more importance on McKinnie showing up in shape and ready to go. Ramon Harewood should get a lot of reps with the 2nd and 3rd teams which could be good or bad. We seem a bit thin at tackle.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I agree that it's not a big deal that Upshaw didn't pass the conditioning test right away. But then there's this:

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens

Thank you @OJBrigance for inspiring me to pass the #Ravens conditioning test today. Story/video to come - Mink

Mink did and Upshaw didn't? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Mink passed it for OL times by under 1 second. He's also 150lbs Wink Upshaw passed it in the afternoon. Probably a matter of him not pacing himself and burning himself out.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are some of the backups/bubble players that you guys think will have big camps?

Im expecting Asa Jackson, Emmanuel Cook and Bryan Hall to stand out on defense. I can see Albert McClellan and Dannel Ellerbe really stepping up into leadership roles with the 2nd team D. On offense I think Anthony Allen and LaQuan Williams will be as impressive as anyone and Im looking forward to seeing Tyrod Taylor run the offense.

Ramon Harewood and Sergio Kindle are 2 big wildcards this preseason. With questions about McKinnie and Reid, we could use an extra tackle stepping up but Im holding back expectations. Obviously the pass rush would really benefit from Kindle playing up to the ability we thought he had when he was drafted.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Deonte Thompson.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Emmanuel Cook is going to do a good job as well. Even with the drafted of Christian Thompson, Cook is going to come in knowing that the top backup safety slot is more than up for grabs.

I expect LaQuan Williams to have a big camp, I think at this point he's the best out of the Doss/Streeter/Thompson/etc. group that is vying for that 4th receiver gig.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kindle really impresses and I actually think he has somewhat of a breakout year if he's used in the same capacity we used Kruger last season -- get to the QB at all costs.

I can see Bryan Hall getting some praise -- he's been putting in the extra work this off-season in terms of getting to the facility early, so I think he can turn some heads.

Offensively, I think Anthony Allen is going to really step up -- I liked what I saw from him last pre-season.

Also, I think Deonte Thompson would have a chance to stick around as a kick returner and take David Reed's spot.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently Ray came in very light (like 225lbs light). He always has a great work ethic and said that he shed the weight to take on a more passing league. I think this is fine, with less FB's and bruising backs in the league and Haloti/Cody occupying blockers.

Thoguhts?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that he was somewhere under 240, if he's 225 that's a bit light but not a huge deal in my opinion. Last season was the first one where I think you can say Lewis really lost a step and this might get some of that back. It's probably not in the best interest of the team or Lewis for him taking on blockers anyways, and I would laugh in the face of anybody that said his tackling isn't going to be good now because he's lighter. That's a technique thing more than anything. He probably should have done this a couple of years ago but better late than never I guess.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I read that he was somewhere under 240, if he's 225 that's a bit light but not a huge deal in my opinion. Last season was the first one where I think you can say Lewis really lost a step and this might get some of that back. It's probably not in the best interest of the team or Lewis for him taking on blockers anyways, and I would laugh in the face of anybody that said his tackling isn't going to be good now because he's lighter. That's a technique thing more than anything. He probably should have done this a couple of years ago but better late than never I guess.

Agreed. As long as he's not TOO light and loses too much strength, I think he'll be just fine and it will allow him to make up for what nature is taking away from him.

raven5255

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Ray Lewis knows as much about the game as anyone. If he thinks its in his best interest to drop some weight, I'll take his word for it. I think he really wants to improve his speed and quickness. It doesnt make sense for him try to out muscle opponents anymore.

In other news, Bryant McKinnie is not practicing. Could be an indication that he hasnt met weight or passed the conditioning test yet. With Reid out, I guess that means Ramon Harewood is the first team right tackle. Hopefully McKinnie gets on the field asap.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Bryant McKinnie didn't pass the conditioning test, a series of timed runs

Quote:

John Harbaugh requires players to pass series of six 150-yard runs: 25 yards up, 25 back, 25 up, 25 back, 25 up, 25 back, 70 seconds rest

Not surprising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: