Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Drew Brees
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
There is no way Brees repeats what he did last year unless the Saints find a guy to replace Meachem. Morgan and Roby cannot do it. I am avoiding Brees because I fear the last of a deep passing game. Its not good when Jimmy Graham is the teams best deep threat. I am all over Rodgers in the mid 1st and Brady in the late first. After that I am waiting for a QB like Ryan or Eli a few round later.

Devery Henderson? Joe Morgan? Both WRs are primarily deep threats.

Henderson is an excellent deep threat...three years ago. He is no longer that guy. He is ok at sneaking deep occasionally against a dime CB. But I fear that Meachem running opposite opened things up for Devery. I think that Morgan needs to be on the practice squad. He's not ready. He runs awful routes and will drop as many balls as he catches. He cannot be relied upon in real games when they matter.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Drew is the third best fantasy QB. But the problem is that he is a first rounder. I would much rather take an elite skilled position player.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meachem is really getting overrated as a "deep threat" in this thread.

He only had 1 TD of over 35 yards last season.

Brees will be fine with Morgan and Henderson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
There is no way Brees repeats what he did last year unless the Saints find a guy to replace Meachem. Morgan and Roby cannot do it. I am avoiding Brees because I fear the last of a deep passing game. Its not good when Jimmy Graham is the teams best deep threat. I am all over Rodgers in the mid 1st and Brady in the late first. After that I am waiting for a QB like Ryan or Eli a few round later.

Devery Henderson? Joe Morgan? Both WRs are primarily deep threats.

Henderson is an excellent deep threat...three years ago. He is no longer that guy. He is ok at sneaking deep occasionally against a dime CB. But I fear that Meachem running opposite opened things up for Devery. I think that Morgan needs to be on the practice squad. He's not ready. He runs awful routes and will drop as many balls as he catches. He cannot be relied upon in real games when they matter.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Drew is the third best fantasy QB. But the problem is that he is a first rounder. I would much rather take an elite skilled position player.

I was partially wrong. Brees will sling the ball around the field over 50 times a game...so he will find stats. But the team STILL does not have a deep threat. Brees will likely be a top 5 fantasy QB...but in real life the Saints are in big trouble w/o a deep threat at WR.
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just dropped 32 points with a non existant run game. Pretty safe to say f were in trouble, it won't be because of the offense or because of a lack of a deep threat.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
We just dropped 32 points with a non existant run game. Pretty safe to say f were in trouble, it won't be because of the offense or because of a lack of a deep threat.

32 points in a game that nobody outside of Graham wanted to help Brees in the passing game. Colston couldn't catch a cold, Moore usually catches anything thrown near him but ended the game with 4 empty targets and Henderson got hurt.

This defense needs to step up, our offense will win us some games without help from the D. But if there's no defense, we won't be getting very far this season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Seven of those points came off of a blocked punt and half of those points came in garbage time when the Saints were getting blown out. People complain about the defense. The Saints defense being bad is NOTHING NEW! The Saints have been a good team since 2006 despite having a bad defense most of those years. Greer was hurt...and apparently Spags hasn't realized that Martez Wilson is the biggest playmaker on the Saints defense yet. I am not near as concerned about the defense as the offense. If the Saints miss the playoffs it will be because the Saints offense took at step backward. Dinking and dunking down the field is not going to take this team into the playoffs. There at least has to be the threat of a deep pass and that opens up everything underneath. That is the way it has worked for years now.

Obviously the o-line needs to protect better...but part of that is because the Saints are more predictable this season. The Saints will creep up more to stuff the run and defense the short/intermediate passing game if they don't fear the deep ball.

BTW. This RBBC non-sense needs to stop. The Saints need to only run the ball with two backs and sub them when they get tired. We constantly have cold RBs going in for RBs just getting warmed up on the field. It's stupid and makes the team more predictable. Oh...Sproles is on the field...time to defend the short passing game. Oh...PT is on the field...time to defend between the tackle and screen pass. Oh...it's Ingram...time to defend the dive right up the gut. Seriously. This is nothing new...but it still pissed me off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: