Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Milestones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: 2012 Milestones Reply with quote

Someone on Carolina Huddle posted this so I thought I'd share:

Cam needs 4,255 passing yards to become 3rd on Panthers all-time passing list.

Cam needs 3,823 passing yards this year to exceed Peyton Manning for most passing yards in the first two seasons of a career. I'm ASSUMING Manning has that mark. (Marino does not, for those who may have had him come to mind).

Cam needs 26 passing TDs to become 3rd on the Panthers all-time list.

Double Trouble have a firm grip on the 1-2 spots in the Panthers all-time rushing list.

Cam (with 706 career rushing yards) is 34 yards away from reaching the top ten on that list, surpassing Derrick Moore (and possibly Nick Goings, who is 764 away).

DeAngelo is 9 points away from overtaking Wesley Walls for 4th on the Panthers all-time scoring list. Stew is 6th on that list, but is a ways off.

Smitty needs one reception to record 700 career catches, making him 36th all-time.

Steve Smith needs 7 more catches to move up 33rd. With 68 catches this year he can move up to 23rd on the NFL 'a all-time list. If he were to explode and nab 115 balls (the mark for catching the next guy) this year, he can catch another bunch of grouped up guys, but will likely be taking down them down next season.

His 10,278 receiving yards are 32nd all time, and with another 1,000 yard season, could move him up to 26th. An additional 500 could move him up as high as 22nd.

His 59 TD receptions are 71st all time, but this list is VERY bunched. With 10 TD grabs this year, he could move into the 36th spot. Every TD grab will elevate him a bunch of spots.

Brandon Lafell is 43 catches away from becoming the team's 10th all-time leading receiver. Stew is 36 away from being 10th.

Charles Johnson needs 11.5 sacks to tie Kevin Greene for the Panthers 3rd all-time leading sacker.

Chris Gamble is the Panthers all-time leading interceptor, with 27 to Eric Davis' 25. He can use this season and the rest of his career to pad that position.

Charles Godfrey, with 9, is two away from tying Deon Grant on that list. Beason has 8 career picks and will tie Godfrey and Ricky Manning with another.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if Steve Smith stays on the level he was on last year for 2-3 more years he has a shot at the HOF. If he helps to get the Panthers a ring than he should be a shoe-in.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if smitty averages 80/1200/7 for the next three seasons he'll have...

939 receptions... would rank as 12th as it is, though current players above him include reggie wayne, anquan boldin, and andre johnson... witten and fitz are within 10 of him right now.

13,878 yards which would rank 9th atm. wayne are both ahead of him. so is tony g but i really doubt he can catch him anyway.

80 TDs would be 21st atm. plax, fitz, wayne, and gates are ahead.

sooooo basically he could finish top 15 in receptions/yards and top 25 in touchdowns if he can manage an 80/1200/7 average for 3 years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Smitty break 2,000 yds. If he does that he is a lock for the HOF. Incredibly hard to do but I don't think there's ever been a receiver to win the triple crown and break 2,000 yds.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people think Smitty needs to put up insane numbers for a bunch more years to even be considered a Hall of Famer? If Smitty retired today, I would still believe he had a shot at HOF. This man has played with total Crap for QBs his whole career, and look at his production even still. Imagine if he had a Brees/Rodgers/Brady for his entire career? Man would already be in the HOF if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I don't understand why people think Smitty needs to put up insane numbers for a bunch more years to even be considered a Hall of Famer? If Smitty retired today, I would still believe he had a shot at HOF. This man has played with total Crap for QBs his whole career, and look at his production even still. Imagine if he had a Brees/Rodgers/Brady for his entire career? Man would already be in the HOF if you ask me.
He's not a realistic candidate at this point. Right or wrong, he doesn't have the bulk stats to be legitimately in the conversation.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
I want to see Smitty break 2,000 yds. If he does that he is a lock for the HOF. Incredibly hard to do but I don't think there's ever been a receiver to win the triple crown and break 2,000 yds.

thats bc no receiver has broken 2000 yds. So yes no wr has won the triple crown and gotten 2000 yds

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a 2nd triple crown be more reasonable? I don't think a WR has ever won it twice either..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: