Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Martin, Williams & Jackson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for Martin, Williams & Jackson Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams?

First for Martin, how has he looked in TC? Is he going to split carries/lose goalline carries to Blount? And is he going to be in on 3rd down? I figure he's more of a fantasy RB2, what kind of stats do you see him putting up?

For Vincent Jackson, is he still going to he a 1000/6 type guy or are you guys going to use him more in the short/mid passing game?

Also, is Mike Williams going to break out because Jackson is going to take the pressure off of him? Or is he going to lose touches to Jackson?

Thanks
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Martin would be a very, very solid number two back. Maybe even worthy of being a lower end number one.

Jackson would be an average to above average number one and an excellent number two option.

Williams would be a below average to average number two.

That's how I'd rank 'em.
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Martin's gonna get the majority of carries/3rd down duties/goal line? I might have to re-think him, he's usually there in the later rounds
epicMustache

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
So Martin's gonna get the majority of carries/3rd down duties/goal line? I might have to re-think him, he's usually there in the later rounds

Martin will be our primary back. Obviously we can't say for sure that he'll get most of the goal line carries, but since short yardage is something that Blount has struggled with throughout his career, it can be assumed.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Martin will be our primary back. Obviously we can't say for sure that he'll get most of the goal line carries, but since short yardage is something that Blount has struggled with throughout his career, it can be assumed.

Yup. Although Blount did use his athleticism and actually scored on the goal line against KC.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin will be a great number 2 in fantasy this year I believe.

Vincent Jackson will be a good number 2 in fantasy and maybe even better depending on the chemestry of him and Freeman. ( The playbook is very vanilia right now )

Mike Williams situation depends on Vincent Jacksons I believe. He probably will be more of a filler during a bye week though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: