Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Waive Kahlil Bell
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Bears Waive Kahlil Bell Reply with quote

From Bears official Twitter:
Quote:
Bears have waived RB Kahlil Bell.

From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:
Bell, who was scheduled to make $1.26 mil this season, was asked to play for $700,000 as the third back. He declined and asked for release.

From Bell's Twitter:
Quote:
Thank u for all the love and support Chicago. It's been a great ride. The windy city is truly an amazing place and I will miss y'all!!

Quote:
Hopefully I'll get a chance to see u during the season!

2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1

Last edited by RidiculousJames on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise to me really…I put this in the general thread a few days back that he could be a surprise cut…the way he was playing didn’t amount to his salary this coming season…plus his skill set is too similar to Michael Bush’s to offer any kind of change of pace…the Bears have done him a favour releasing him this early as it gives him more time to catch on elsewhere…will be a good fight between Allen & Booker for the #3 RB role unless they bring in someone else to compete.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
No surprise to me really…I put this in the general thread a few days back that he could be a surprise cut…the way he was playing didn’t amount to his salary this coming season…plus his skill set is too similar to Michael Bush’s to offer any kind of change of pace…the Bears have done him a favour releasing him this early as it gives him more time to catch on elsewhere…will be a good fight between Allen & Booker for the #3 RB role unless they bring in someone else to compete.

As you said, this is interesting from the point of view of what it means for the RBs vying for a spot on the roster, but not necessarily unexpected.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:
Bell, who was scheduled to make $1.26 mil this season, was asked to play for $700,000 as the third back. He declined and asked for release.

Didn't realise he was making that much this year, can completely understand the decision to offer the pay cut.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

Didn't realise he was making that much this year, can completely understand the decision to offer the pay cut.

Honestly, I don't see him making that much anywhere else, even. It's not like he offers any kind of mystery to a team looking to sign him, they got to see a decent amount of him towards the end of last year. As far as I'm concerned, what you see is what you get with him, and I can't see him making much more than whatever the minimum is for him.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

Very dumb move by Bell...vet min is only $355k...no team is going to pay him much more than that at this point of the season...don't get it at all.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

Very dumb move by Bell...vet min is only $355k...no team is going to pay him much more than that at this point of the season...don't get it at all.

According to this the minimum salary for a 4th year player is $615k. But still, that's half of what his RFA tender would have cost. Surprised he gets cut now though with 2 PS games left if for no other reason than as protection against injury.

Also MM, I can't believe someone actually got in here to start this thread before you. You're slippin' man... Cool

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

According to this the minimum salary for a 4th year player is $615k. But still, that's half of what his RFA tender would have cost. Surprised he gets cut now though with 2 PS games left if for no other reason than as protection against injury.

Also MM, I can't believe someone actually got in here to start this thread before you. You're slippin' man... Cool

You won’t believe how I missed it…I was watching Rocky IV Laughing
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he catches on some where, the only thing i didn't like about him was his fumbeling problem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

No! Not Rocky FOUR! It would have been more acceptable to miss it watching Steel Magnolias or Beaches!

Not talking Not talking Not talking

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

No! Not Rocky FOUR! It would have been more acceptable to miss it watching Steel Magnolias or Beaches!

Not talking Not talking Not talking

Oh c’mon man…you will never see a better montage than in Rocky IV Laughing
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
From Vaughn McClure:
Quote:

To be fair I was surprised myself! I had given up breaking news for being too slow but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up Very Happy
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Hey, ROCKY SINGLE-HANDEDLY ENDED COMMUNISM! He trained in SIBERA! "Burning Heart" by Survivor is the only song you EVER need at the gym!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL3lJfpenAc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

IVAN DRAGO! "If he dies, he dies."

Now, Kahlil Bell, he's no Ivan Drago, nor is he Rocky, because he puts the ball on the ground too much. Lorenzo Booker offers more special teams value, as he showed us that he can run back a kick like Rocky running up the side of a Siberian mountain. And Armondo Allen, he's younger, not old like Apollo Creed.

Question is, do the Bears dare to keep Tyler Clutts rostered as the RB3 in a numbers game that would allow them to keep four tight ends? I guess we'll have to see how tomorrow night shakes out for some clues.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, keep Clutts, Armando Allen needs to be the next cut.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
No, keep Clutts, Armando Allen needs to be the next cut.

I can't say that I saw it first-hand (hey, I was 6-7 beers in), but Jim Miller was saying that Evan Rodriguez was getting consistently blown up as a lead blocker last Saturday. If that's the case, and if Clutts is holding his own on the kick coverage units, then Clutts needs to make the team, unless Tice wants to run one-back sets almost exclusively this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: