Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Question about your linebackers,.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Quick Question about your linebackers,. Reply with quote

hey i have a question about Nathan Stupar, is he going to make the team and play alot? my buddy's sister married his brother(he was a te for the bills), so i want to keep and follow him but living on the east coast i dont get to see to many Oakland games, thanks.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few other guys may have seen a bit more of him than me but he seems to me right on the bubble if he makes the final 53. Curry (if healthy), Wheeler, McClain, Ihenacho, Burris and Goethal are all ahead of him in the pecking order so he's fighting with guys like Burnett and Bosworth just to sneak into the roster. Hasn't really distinguished himself yet but hasn't done a 'Goodson' either!

If he indeed does make it into the 53, barring a speight of injuries he won't see much playing time apart from special teams. Thats not to say he can't be a decent contributor in the future but it may take some time. From what i've read seems like a decent, hard working kid though.
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will depend on his ST play in my opinion, as he would be at best 3rd string LBer. Hasn't made any 'bad' plays though from what I remember.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done well in limited action and I know he was a very good coverage LB in college, so he may have a future role in some nickel packages, but for now he'll be a ST guy if he makes the roster.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends... If A Curry is put on the PUP list.. I hear he might be back for the opener...

If he does then Stupar wont make it

Curry Burris
McClain Goethel
Wheeler Illnacho

PT more likely!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: