Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final WR roster spot, who do you take?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Stanback or Barden
Stanback
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Barden
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Other
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

IbleedBLUE24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
But at this point, I'm curious as to what you see in him?

He certainly hasn't shown anything on the field yet. But he's been given very limited opportunity to prove himself in a live game. I just think his size and body type alone is enough to hold on to him. I can totally see him going to another team and becoming a huge redzone threat. I just don't understand why we've never tried him...even once on a redzone fade..

I have seen this written a few times around this forum, and I have a hypothesis on why he has never been thrown a fade. That is that he merely isn't built for the fade. Yes he is big and tall, but that is not what makes you good at the fade. You have to be quick off the ball, strong to beat the press, and you have to be able to locate, then go and get the ball. Barden doesn't have the athleticism or toughness to come that quickly off the ball and beat the jam. Eli isn't dropping back and waiting for Barden to come around his man, he just chucks the ball toawards the pylon and hoping Barden is there. Another problem is that he is big and tall, which seems very ironic but in fact really isn't. Does that make any sense? haha probably not but I will explain. By being so tall when he goes up for the ball he exposes his body, which is a lot, to the defender who can now just simply drive him out of bounds for the incompletion.

I was a huge Barden fan coming out of college, as his size and hands led me to believe he had the potential to big in this league. Now I see him merely as another Brandon London in which he has the size, but nothing else.

As for the question, I have no idea who should be the sixth WR. I would give the edge right now to Stanback because of the special teams play. Douglas will probably practice squad it this year and fight for that sixth spot come next year.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in the Douglas camp at this point.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...can we keep both? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the CB injuries, we may just go 5 WR and try to steal them on the PS
ziggy19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
David Douglas

don`t try to sneak him on your PS ...we gonna nab him from you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: