Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Season Wk 3. Lions at Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Carson Palmer
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
NCOUGHMAN
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

Pozzi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Taiwan Jones really impressed me. Looks a perfect ZBS runner.

Same. He looked like a faster and maybe a bit less powerful LeSean McCoy. Love his shiftiness and how he uses his speed.

Man that kid is stupid fast. I wanna see a race. DHB, Ford, Taiwan, McFadden. I bet Taiwan or Ford win it

Ford wins straight line. Jones wins a race with obstacles on it.

Goodnight sweet hamstrings
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to watch the game again before commenting fully but lots a things to be excited about. Still stuff to work on but much better than the last two weeks.

Pryor obviously looked better should be on track to fight for backup QB next season IF he keeps improving.

Jones looked better than I thought he would and I always thought he was a good player.

Criner, DHB and Sreater all did things to be happy about.

Burris seemed much better this game, seems like the game is really slowing down.

I was proud of our starting CB's.

Mitchell is having an awesome preason.

Houston, Cumbie, Bilukidi, Bryant, Kelly all look real good. Hard to keep 5 DT's but we just might have to. Which brings me to my next point.

Crawford did ok but he is really going to need to be special in this last preseason game if he wants to make the final 53. He seems much slower than I thought he would be. But like I said I need to watch again to make sure I can backup those comments.

McGee also needs a big game. Shame he slipped on so many plays.

And finally DHB's #1 type playmaker catch was awesome to see.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus Young wants to be a Raider
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Crawford did ok but he is really going to need to be special in this last preseason game if he wants to make the final 53. He seems much slower than I thought he would be. But like I said I need to watch again to make sure I can backup those comments.

He was my least favorite draft pick by a wide margin. I'm all for letting players develop IF they have potential. I don't see much in Crawford. He moves robotically, and doesn't have a burst to rush the passer. If he beefs up maybe he has a future as a 3-4 end, but as of now, all he can do is set the edge in the run game. The 5th round was way too high for him.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

He was my least favorite draft pick by a wide margin. I'm all for letting players develop IF they have potential. I don't see much in Crawford. He moves robotically, and doesn't have a burst to rush the passer. If he beefs up maybe he has a future as a 3-4 end, but as of now, all he can do is set the edge in the run game. The 5th round was way too high for him.

I wont go that far in regards to the pick yet. But I agree with most of what you said from what I saw. I am going to take a closer look but as you said seems more like and edge setter rather pass rusher which is what I thought we were supposed to be getting. Developmental or not.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I wont go that far in regards to the pick yet. But I agree with most of what you said from what I saw. I am going to take a closer look but as you said seems more like and edge setter rather pass rusher which is what I thought we were supposed to be getting. Developmental or not.

These are all things I noticed when he was at PSU. I haven't been paying any attention to him in pre-season because my expectations are low. Not sure what our staff saw in him, but hopefully whatever it was will come to fruition in the future if they decide to keep him.
Pozzi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Titus Young wants to be a Raider

Remember when he said this.....

Quote:
Favorite football team?
Titus Young: I will probably say the Oakland, no, not the Oakland Raiders. The Los Angeles Raiders. Oakland stole our team.

You know they started in Oakland, right?
Titus Young: They did? I need to do some studying

Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

These are all things I noticed when he was at PSU. I haven't been paying any attention to him in pre-season because my expectations are low. Not sure what our staff saw in him, but hopefully whatever it was will come to fruition in the future if they decide to keep him.

wasnt it his first pre season game due to injury?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Don't know.
reddevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Don't know.

Yes it was his first game. I remember hearing good things about this guy from TC. I'm sure there were a number of occasions he was singled out for praise. I think some of the comments were about him beating his man and getting to the QB. I agree with your original point though, with Bilukidi and Hamilton exceeding expectations, he is going to have to work hard to make the final 53.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: