Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Season Wk 3. Lions at Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Carson Palmer
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
NCOUGHMAN
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
holyghost wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Palmer threw 2 tds in that second possession one dropped by DHB and the other by Streater so technically speaking he should have thrown for a td against AZ.

Third possession McFadden should have shortened his stride or drug his foot on the 3rd down pass from Palmer that was a little over thrown but still should have been a completion with better awareness from D-Mac.

The throw to Streater was not a drop. I don't know how you can consider a PI call a drop on the WR. However, the ball was later than it should have been and if you watched closely Streater showed incredible instincts for a rookie in slowing down his route and shielding the defender from the ball, thus drawing the PI.
The one to DHB was a very good defensive play. A better WR makes the catch, but the ball was defended. Once again, Palmer could have done better to lead DHB more on it. But of course, DHB could have done better to get his hands out to catch it.

Just because there was a PI doesn't mean he didn't drop it. Started pulled it into his boy and dropped it when he hit the ground, he could and probably should have cought it, but it wouldn't have been an easy grab.

and can't see how DHB could have been lead more. He had to basically dive in the first place, how much more of a lead do you want? That was a perfect throw

Naw, the throw was late IMO, the Cards were playing cover 2 and DHB got past the LB long before the pass was thrown. He was lead directly into the safety, if the pass was on time and little earlier it would have been a easy catch. So the blame for that pass falls on Palmer first but DHB had a chance so he should of caught it. Still, it was good defense by the safety, but the pass was not perfect IMO it was late, go back and check out the video.

Yeah you're right, I just re-watched it and watched DHB's route. He should've thrown it a bit earlier, when DHB comes out of his break. If he had that was probably an easy TD. Still, the placement for when he did throw it was perfect but Adrian Wilson made an awesome play. Still a drop though.
Yeah, hopefully things like that get worked out. After re-watching the game play by play I see hope. Like on the goal line runs and other things. I'm pumped for the season. Go raiders.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And madden comes out on Tuesday. Very Happy
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
And madden comes out on Tuesday. Very Happy

yes it does Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
holyghost wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Palmer threw 2 tds in that second possession one dropped by DHB and the other by Streater so technically speaking he should have thrown for a td against AZ.

Third possession McFadden should have shortened his stride or drug his foot on the 3rd down pass from Palmer that was a little over thrown but still should have been a completion with better awareness from D-Mac.

The throw to Streater was not a drop. I don't know how you can consider a PI call a drop on the WR. However, the ball was later than it should have been and if you watched closely Streater showed incredible instincts for a rookie in slowing down his route and shielding the defender from the ball, thus drawing the PI.
The one to DHB was a very good defensive play. A better WR makes the catch, but the ball was defended. Once again, Palmer could have done better to lead DHB more on it. But of course, DHB could have done better to get his hands out to catch it.

Just because there was a PI doesn't mean he didn't drop it. Started pulled it into his boy and dropped it when he hit the ground, he could and probably should have cought it, but it wouldn't have been an easy grab.

and can't see how DHB could have been lead more. He had to basically dive in the first place, how much more of a lead do you want? That was a perfect throw

Naw, the throw was late IMO, the Cards were playing cover 2 and DHB got past the LB long before the pass was thrown. He was lead directly into the safety, if the pass was on time and little earlier it would have been a easy catch. So the blame for that pass falls on Palmer first but DHB had a chance so he should of caught it. Still, it was good defense by the safety, but the pass was not perfect IMO it was late, go back and check out the video.

Yeah you're right, I just re-watched it and watched DHB's route. He should've thrown it a bit earlier, when DHB comes out of his break. If he had that was probably an easy TD. Still, the placement for when he did throw it was perfect but Adrian Wilson made an awesome play. Still a drop though.
Yeah, hopefully things like that get worked out. After re-watching the game play by play I see hope. Like on the goal line runs and other things. I'm pumped for the season. Go raiders.
As the saying goes if the ball touches the WR hands he should catch it. In both cases the ball could have been caught, bottom line and in Streater's case he had it and dropped it at the end PI or not. I agree I re-watched the game play by play and its just little things that need to be cleaned up because we can move the ball.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else watched the first two games and thought "Miles Burris is the weak spot and looks lost out there?". Confused

He is always the slowest player to react and never seems to get around or through blocks, coverage hasn't been a huge issue so far but what if he is isolated against Gates ? Mad

Can we afford to run that guy out there during the regular season or will we play more nickel package?

I know Curry isn't great either but he is excellent in run defense but i don't see Miles talent so far.

I know it's early in the preaseason and i hope he improves but i'm concerned, BIGTIME.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Has anyone else watched the first two games and thought "Miles Burris is the weak spot and looks lost out there?". Confused

He is always the slowest player to react and never seems to get around or through blocks, coverage hasn't been a huge issue so far but what if he is isolated against Gates ? Mad

Can we afford to run that guy out there during the regular season or will we play more nickel package?

I know Curry isn't great either but he is excellent in run defense but i don't see Miles talent so far.

I know it's early in the preaseason and i hope he improves but i'm concerned, BIGTIME.

He's a 4th round prospect from a smallish school. He's forced into action because of injury.

Being overly critical of a prospect who was not drafted to start is just off base.

The guy has is willing and throws himself around. Needs coaching and refinement. That's what he was drafted for. Give him some time. He has some potential.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd still pick NCoughman even if you would have listed Detriot.

You would

You know how we do in GangNam

yup either lead, follow or get the hell out the way Cool

Or fight

Or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&t=28

wha the hell is that Laughing Laughing

Dude....Gangnam

Get with it. Lead, follow or get out of the way

Laughing i thought he meant Gang Nam or Nam Gang

Sounds like he's saying "open condom star" (in the video)

He's saying Gangnam style, its an area in Seoul. Aside from that and sexy lady, I can''t tell what he is saying.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

He's a 4th round prospect from a smallish school. He's forced into action because of injury.

Being overly critical of a prospect who was not drafted to start is just off base.

The guy has is willing and throws himself around. Needs coaching and refinement. That's what he was drafted for. Give him some time. He has some potential.
I'm trying not be overly critical, he just doesn't look like a starter. I get he is a rookie and all, but can we really afford to run him out on the field in his present condition?

I wonder if RM is looking for a LB with late season cuts. I'm not condemning the guy, he might be ready later in the year, next year, maybe not. i just don't think he's ready now and it's clear to see.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

Too be honest I am surprised he didnt look worse. He is better all around player than I thought he would be. I thought he would be a delopmental one trick pony.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

I'm trying not be overly critical, he just doesn't look like a starter. I get he is a rookie and all, but can we really afford to run him out on the field in his present condition?

I wonder is RM is looking for a LB with late season cuts. I'm not condemning the guy, he might be ready later in the year, next year, maybe not. i just don't think he's ready now and it's clear to see.

I'm sure McKenzie will look at all positions when cut downs happen.

That said, the Raiders D has played well in preseason. I've not noticed this 'clear to see' criticism for Burris. Guys overran some tackles and looked out of control on plays, but he's not exactly DVD running around lost and giving up chunk plays.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

Too be honest I am surprised he didnt look worse. He is better all around player than I thought he would be. I thought he would be a delopmental one trick pony.

Exactly. He seems to have a rounded game. Right now, he plays a little to amped. Needs to learn to slow down and make the play. He's in great position a lot of the time, just a little wild getting there.

Little coaching and he adjusts to the speed of the game, he should be a nice LB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

I wonder is RM is looking for a LB with late season cuts. I'm not condemning the guy, he might be ready later in the year, next year, maybe not. i just don't think he's ready now and it's clear to see.

That said, the Raiders D has played well in preseason. I've not noticed this 'clear to see' criticism for Burris. Guys overran some tackles and looked out of control on plays, but he's not exactly DVD running around lost and giving up chunk plays.

Reggie is giving the young guys a really good look in per season otherwise how do you know what you have got. LB is an easy position to fill especially with a vet, Giants won the Superbowl with Chase Blackburn at MLB. To start BIGTIMe criticising 4th round rookies is BIGTIME ridiculous.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha! Is this how all the game day threads open up? Bravo sir. 3rd preseason game against the team we lost in heartbreaking fashion to last season. Should be a good one.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

Reggie is giving the young guys a really good look in per season otherwise how do you know what you have got. LB is an easy position to fill especially with a vet, Giants won the Superbowl with Chase Blackburn at MLB. To start BIGTIMe criticising 4th round rookies is BIGTIME ridiculous.

He's not just some 4th round rookie on this team, he is slated to be the starting weak side linebacker our 2 down guy. His position is vital to the run defense. And i judge linebackers on things like

Play recgnition- D
Athletic ability- B-
block shedding- D
Tackling- C+
Zone coverage- C

I'm not sure how he looks in man, and he hasn't been sent to get the QB much as he was in college.

IMO he's got the Wimbley feel in coverage and i have not seen anything in run defense.

Maybe he gets better in the next few games, but we will be facing 2 TE's sets during the regular season and we can't hide him if they decide to run counters, Playaction or we blitz and he gets manned up.

I know he is a local guy and he seems to have potential but he doesn't play like a natural linebacker right now.

Even so i will let it just play out, i hope he gets better.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

Yes, I see this.
He's one of those guys, and I pray he isn't but he looks it - that always overruns, overreacts, can't tone down and play within himself.

Some of "those" guys learn, but most of those guys never really stop playing that way because it is hard wired into their character. All in all I am more inclined to believe he's the 2nd type, because most are and because I'm really sick of waiting for guys to become something they're not.
But.. through the course of a full year time will tell something. Waiting 4 years is not something I want to see on this team any more. Give him 1 and without steady progress seen, move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33

Jump to: