Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lauvao to have surgery; Will miss some regular season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Lauvao to have surgery; Will miss some regular season Reply with quote

Chud is talking to the press right now, and he just announced that Lauvao will have surgery on his ankle (today) and will miss some of the regular season. Only source right now is twitter:

Quote:
Tom Reed ‏@treed1919 2m
Chud said Lauvao will have surgery today. Won't disclose nature of ankle injury other than to say no broken bones.

Tom Reed ‏@treed1919 11m
Chud said RG Shawn Lauvao will have left ankle scoped and he ill miss time early in the regular season. #Browns

https://twitter.com/treed1919

Chud said he was pleased how Pinkston played at RG. Said he kept him in there longer than the other starting O-linemen to boost his conditioning.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry back Shawn.

I don't think this will hurt us much unless other injuries arise at the guard position, knock on wood.

Kerry Wood struggled with his control later in his career.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Pinkston and the other guards look last night?

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
How did Pinkston and the other guards look last night?

Pinkston looked fine. Not great, but fine. I thought he got a little better as the game went on, as I thought he looked a little slow right at the beginning. He stayed on and played with the 2nd team to get some extra reps at RG.

I thought Garrett Gilkey was really good, especially since it was his 1st pro experience. With Lauvao out for a while, his chances of making the roster just went up. And based on how he looked so far, that's a good thing. You'd never know he was a 7th round draft pick from Chadron State. He's someone to watch for the rest of preseason, for sure.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
abbs1988

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's possible we draft this big feller:

Cyril Richardson, Baylor

6"5, 335lbs, mean boi

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauvao (sp?) has done some nice run blocking but generally has been mediocre so far.

Much higher on Pinkston, and maybe soon Gilkey. Gilkey looks like he has some mean in him.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I thought Garrett Gilkey was really good, especially since it was his 1st pro experience. With Lauvao out for a while, his chances of making the roster just went up. And based on how he looked so far, that's a good thing. You'd never know he was a 7th round draft pick from Chadron State. He's someone to watch for the rest of preseason, for sure.

Kid is a player. He's got the mobility to get to the 2nd level, and he's smart enough to know what to do when he gets there.

After putting that game on film, there is no chance he'll clear waivers if they try to sneak him on the Practice Squad. Which would be an absurd thing to do, since he'll be our starting guard before long.

I think Norv has his next Kris Deilman.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Kid is a player. He's got the mobility to get to the 2nd level, and he's smart enough to know what to do when he gets there.

After putting that game on film, there is no chance he'll clear waivers if they try to sneak him on the Practice Squad. Which would be an absurd thing to do, since he'll be our starting guard before long.

Wow. I only snippets of the game since I was at work. Was Gilkey truly this impressive, or was he just playing against scrubs?

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Ether

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Wow. I only snippets of the game since I was at work. Was Gilkey truly this impressive, or was he just playing against scrubs?

being able to take care of the scrubs is very important
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Especially coming from Chadron State. Everyone he faces is better than anyone he's ever faced, but he was up to the task physically and mentally. It was impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Ether wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Especially coming from Chadron State. Everyone he faces is better than anyone he's ever faced, but he was up to the task physically and mentally. It was impressive.

If Danny woodhead can do it the ginger giant can

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Bart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we 'aklin' 'bout.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
I think it's possible we draft this big feller:

Cyril Richardson, Baylor

6"5, 335lbs, mean boi

dont particulary remember him standing out n the games i watched but can he hold without getting caught in the passing game?
KevinMack34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Ether wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

I went on record very soon after the draft, after talking to some real football people who really like Gilkey. I'm not saying he is a probowler, but I would be surprised if he doesn't make this team and contribute at some point. By all accounts, a very hard worker and physically can handle this level of play. We shall see...I have been very critical of our guard play outside of Greco.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinMack34 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Ether wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

I went on record very soon after the draft, after talking to some real football people who really like Gilkey. I'm not saying he is a probowler, but I would be surprised if he doesn't make this team and contribute at some point. By all accounts, a very hard worker and physically can handle this level of play. We shall see...I have been very critical of our guard play outside of Greco.

I remember that. Thought you might be a wee bit crazy, but it turns out you're only as crazy as the rest of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: