Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
I don't see Weeden anymore in the team's plans today than they were yesterday. I wish I liked him more than I do, and I was hoping that he would show us all more than he did. We still have all new pieces in our front office. Rarely in a situation like this, with a quarterback coming off of a year like Weeden is, do we not see a change at the position.

And I wish I didn't like him as much as I do. I do agree, I don't think today gives him a better or worse opportunity to stick as the starter, even though conventional wisdom would say otherwise.

My favorite thing about Weeden: With no pressure and a wide open check down... he hits the guy. Doesn't sound like much of an endorsement but it had been awhile since we had someone who was competent at even that.

There is far more to work with in Weeden. I mean he got Anderception to have a good year.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panthers forum was discussing the idea of DA following "Chud" back to Cleveland.

I tried my best to pass along the "mutual dislike" between the two groups.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
The Panthers forum was discussing the idea of DA following "Chud" back to Cleveland.

I don't find this amusing, even in jest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

I don't find this amusing, even in jest.

Good god I hope Derek Anderson stays far away from our city. We already have a doofy, unathletic, slow goon number 3 QB. No need for 2.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA blasted the city of Cleveland on his way out. I think we can scoff at the notion that he is on his way back. Especially considering the source of this speculation.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it would be fun to dig this up just to see what people said about Weeden just 1 year ago...

Which bandwagon are you riding, love him now or hate him still? Anyone interested in retracting their statements?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Thought it would be fun to dig this up just to see what people said about Weeden just 1 year ago...

Which bandwagon are you riding, love him now or hate him still? Anyone interested in retracting their statements?

Feel better about him now than I did but I still didn't kill the pick before.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Feel better about him now than I did but I still didn't kill the pick before.

There was definitely some hard core Weeden hate flowing through the forum last fall. I just wanted to point this out b/c I think fans in today's sports world are so quick to give up on guys.

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:

Thread Necromancy isn't really encouraged. It would be better to make a new thread asking people if their opinions have changed.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Thread Necromancy isn't really encouraged. It would be better to make a new thread asking people if their opinions have changed.

Yeah but it's way more fun to be able to read what people wrote, revisionist history only works in politics, not allowed here Smile

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Yeah but it's way more fun to be able to read what people wrote, revisionist history only works in politics, not allowed here Smile

Perhaps, but its a dangerous and slippery road to take. Unless you can honestly say you've never backed a losing horse.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Perhaps, but its a dangerous and slippery road to take. Unless you can honestly say you've never backed a losing horse.

We hey, I just threw it out there, the majority of us Weeden supporters would welcome the haters on the band wagon. I thought it would be interesting to get reactions of the people who thought Weeden was a throw away. As for the losing horse, I did like James Davis after he ripped that huge run in pre-season against Detroit.

MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

We hey, I just threw it out there, the majority of us Weeden supporters would welcome the haters on the band wagon. I thought it would be interesting to get reactions of the people who thought Weeden was a throw away. As for the losing horse, I did like James Davis after he ripped that huge run in pre-season against Detroit.

It's easy to be excited or reserved. I think RGIII, Luck, and Wilson, by being successful, brought adaptation/transformation/evolution to a fever pitch in the league, brought along by the aid of some more "flavorful" coaching minds. Weeden is looking more like those highlights from OSU these days. Definitely looks a lot more comfortable. I'd like to think that a lot of the under-center work he got last season, that people were upset about him not having before we drafted him, might be coming in very handy right about now. So I'm really excited to see how much this offense can do now under Chub/Norv. Especially while power may be shifting big time in our division.

Browns Vs. Bengals in the playoffs?
#getusedtoit

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: