Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
The thing is that everyone thinks Richardson still isn't 100%

Yes he has been hesistant and he dances, but that doesn't mean he won't be better.

He hasn't been that bad, he does have 1500 yards of offense, that isn't terrible.

Agreed. Richardson's YPC stats aren't great... However, through only 14 weeks, he just set a Browns record for rookie rushing TDs and is on pace for 1000 yards. His stats show his longest run was mearly 32 yards and he has only broke 2 plays with of 20+ yards.... But, he is still a big time back that defenses have to respect. When he is healthy, watch out.

You cant keep Trent out of the game, he wants to battle in there with his boys. Hillis missed a game b/c of strep and hangnails, Trent is playing with messed up ribs and a Kevlar vest... child please stop with the Trent isn't worth the 3rd overall pick hate...

Two points:

1. Brown was playing in a 12 game season (I think)

2. Defense's key on him, which takes a lot of pressure off Weeden

Yes, Brown rushed for 9TDs and caught a pass for 1TD in a 12 game season (1957). Brown had 4 rushing TDs in the 9th game, by the way.

Brown, as a rookie, also rushed for 942 yards on 202 carries (4.7 YPA) and caught 16 passes for 55 yards.

So his total yards from scrimmage after the 12 game season was 997.

Richarson's total yards from scrimmage after 12 games was 1166.

Also, Brown fumbled 7 times (6 lost?) in his rookie 12 game season. Richardson has 3 fumbles in 13 games, and none lost.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:

Yes, Brown rushed for 9TDs and caught a pass for 1TD in a 12 game season (1957). Brown had 4 rushing TDs in the 9th game, by the way.

Brown, as a rookie, also rushed for 942 yards on 202 carries (4.7 YPA) and caught 16 passes for 55 yards.

Also, Brown fumbled 7 times (6 lost?) in his rookie 12 game season. Richardson has 3 fumbles in 13 games, and none lost.

Seemingly Brown got better over time though. The last 3 years of his career were the strongest he strung together.

Richardson is nice out of the backfield but his 3.5 ypc is kinda lulzy right now. His 30 1st downs on 247 attempts is miserable too. His receiving is probably elite for his position, his running...not even close.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Seemingly Brown got better over time though. The last 3 years of his career were the strongest he strung together.

Richardson is nice out of the backfield but his 3.5 ypc is kinda lulzy right now. His 30 1st downs on 247 attempts is miserable too. His receiving is probably elite for his position, his running...not even close.

Don't worry he will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that Chud is our guy, I can say that I am excited to see Brandon Weeden work the field and spearhead our offensive attack.

Thoughts?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bombs away
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
So now that Chud is our guy, I can say that I am excited to see Brandon Weeden work the field and spearhead our offensive attack.

Thoughts?

None. Don't think Chud could, or would want to, try to turn that sow's ear into a silk purse.
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:

Thoughts?

Im excited! we finally got an offense that will use Weeden's strengths and not hide it.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Weeden anymore in the team's plans today than they were yesterday. I wish I liked him more than I do, and I was hoping that he would show us all more than he did. We still have all new pieces in our front office. Rarely in a situation like this, with a quarterback coming off of a year like Weeden is, do we not see a change at the position.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Thoughts?

None. Don't think Chud could, or would want to, try to turn that sow's ear into a silk purse.

weedens got more talent than DA and DA had 27 TD under him

stop hatin
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Thoughts?

stop hatin

This also probably means bye to Colt. Vertical passing attack and Colt McCoy shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Wait I just did now I need to go drink.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Thoughts?

stop hatin

I knew this otherwise good news night was too good to be true and that you would spoil it.

If Haslam and Banner don't think Weeden is "the guy", don't think for a second that their new HC will try to prove them otherwise.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't know any more than we do. What we do know is that the only thing DA could do well was throw deep, and Weeden can do that and then some. No KW2 this time around though...
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
They don't know any more than we do. What we do know is that the only thing DA could do well was throw deep, and Weeden can do that and then some. No KW2 this time around though...

Mr cuttie pie Jordan Cameron says hi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
No KW2 this time around though...

that is true...KWII was very clutch that season. He always came up with the big catch.

Some FA TEs is
Ed Dickson
Dennis Putta
Travis Beckum
Martellus Bennent
Dusti Keller
Jared Cook
Dallas Clark
Kellen Winslow

wouldnt mind any of them coming to Cleveland

hearing rumors that Mel Tucker has been contacted as a possible DC!!!

c'mon bring home another Cleveland boy!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
I don't see Weeden anymore in the team's plans today than they were yesterday. I wish I liked him more than I do, and I was hoping that he would show us all more than he did. We still have all new pieces in our front office. Rarely in a situation like this, with a quarterback coming off of a year like Weeden is, do we not see a change at the position.

And I wish I didn't like him as much as I do. I do agree, I don't think today gives him a better or worse opportunity to stick as the starter, even though conventional wisdom would say otherwise.

My favorite thing about Weeden: With no pressure and a wide open check down... he hits the guy. Doesn't sound like much of an endorsement but it had been awhile since we had someone who was competent at even that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: