Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
He didn't look good today and his red zone efficiency is bad. That being said, it's not like we have any other options. The Raiders defense is bad, he didn't do much against the D, we only scored 20 points.

I don't like any of our options to replace him over the offseason, so I think he should continue getting the opportunity to improve, but anyone claiming he looked good today is just trying to be positive and not actually looking at his performance with the same critical eye they give to future NFL prospects and other QB's around the league.

I've got him as the 4th worst starting QB in pro football now, anyone think he's better than that?

You've got him? or you looked more summary stats and that's where he was ranked?

huh? I've got him, what part of that was over your head this time? To slow this down for you, the only QB's I'd take him over are Sanchez, whoever the Chiefs are starting, whoever the Cards are starting.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
He didn't look good today and his red zone efficiency is bad. That being said, it's not like we have any other options. The Raiders defense is bad, he didn't do much against the D, we only scored 20 points.

I don't like any of our options to replace him over the offseason, so I think he should continue getting the opportunity to improve, but anyone claiming he looked good today is just trying to be positive and not actually looking at his performance with the same critical eye they give to future NFL prospects and other QB's around the league.

I've got him as the 4th worst starting QB in pro football now, anyone think he's better than that?

You've got him? or you looked more summary stats and that's where he was ranked?

huh? I've got him, what part of that was over your head this time? To slow this down for you, the only QB's I'd take him over are Sanchez, whoever the Chiefs are starting, whoever the Cards are starting.

And Jake Locker?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

And Jake Locker?

Are you having problems reading today?
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

And Jake Locker?

Ok, now I think that you don't really know anything...lol

But, just to be sure, where would you rank Jake Locker?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

And Jake Locker?

just stop quoting me man, i have no respect for you, you aren't even worth a reply other than to point out your bro fetish.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

And Jake Locker?

just stop quoting me man, i have no respect for you, you aren't even worth a reply other than to point out your bro fetish.

Sounds like a personal problem, and hey, you quoted me too, but you still haven't ranked Locker...he's a football player, it's not against the rules to talk about him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon/Entropy wrote:

huh? I've got him, what part of that was over your head this time?

Entropy and Bungleodeon, these posts are not adding to the discussion and are personal in nature. Both of you should cut it out.

-ez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tweets from the Plain Dealer's Dannis Manoloff at 4am:

"Just finished dvr review of #browns pass plays against raiders. Weeds played his best all-around game; did well vs. pressure. also...

... i really like what i'm seeing from Straight-Up G. Little. I think he's starting to figure it out. #browns"

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

"Just finished dvr review of #browns pass plays against raiders. Weeds played his best all-around game; did well vs. pressure. also...

... i really like what i'm seeing from Straight-Up G. Little. I think he's starting to figure it out. #browns"

Dude

Weeden was a bad pick. Plain and simple.

He is not getting better

Take your homer shades off

Rabble rabble rabble

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden is driving me crazy with his inconsistency. Just when I think he's turning the corner, he throws a couple headscratchers.

But overall, in terms of yesterday, I thought he did some very good things.
- Beautiful throw to Gordon on the long TD.
- Did a good job of going to his 2nd and 3rd reads to find the open man (on several occasions)
- At the end of the 3rd Q, OAK had serious momentum, and the Browns were pinned deep. Converted on 3rd and 10 with a pass to Little.
- The 94-yard drive in the 4th to clinch the game. Several good throws and decisions.

It's hard for me to remember many times when we sealed a game with a long offensive drive (that ended in a TD). How often have we found ways to lose those types of games? Very often.

Even against bad teams, we would typically lose games like that unless we had a big play (or 3) on special teams. Specials didn't contribute anything yesterday. We lost the turnover battle. And we still had a relatively comfortable win. That, to me, is progress.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Weeden is driving me crazy with his inconsistency. Just when I think he's turning the corner, he throws a couple headscratchers.

But overall, in terms of yesterday, I thought he did some very good things.
- Beautiful throw to Gordon on the long TD.
- Did a good job of going to his 2nd and 3rd reads to find the open man (on several occasions)
- At the end of the 3rd Q, OAK had serious momentum, and the Browns were pinned deep. Converted on 3rd and 10 with a pass to Little.
- The 94-yard drive in the 4th to clinch the game. Several good throws and decisions.

It's hard for me to remember many times when we sealed a game with a long offensive drive (that ended in a TD). How often have we found ways to lose those types of games? Very often.

Even against bad teams, we would typically lose games like that unless we had a big play (or 3) on special teams. Specials didn't contribute anything yesterday. We lost the turnover battle. And we still had a relatively comfortable win. That, to me, is progress.

I can agree with everything.

To the people I have been arguing with about Weeden, I'm not saying everything is great.

Reg is right. It is maddening how inconsistent he has been. He will look very good and then overthrow someone for a pick. Yes, it drives you nuts.

The thing that I like is that the talent and ability are there and he shows you flashes. Because he is a rookie, I give him wiggle room.

If he was in his 4th year with us and was doing this, I would feel how some of you do.

FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Dude

He is not getting better

Rabble rabble rabble

But he is making our receivers better. They actually look like NFL receivers when Weeden is playing well. Something that never happened with Colt. Let Weeden finish out the year because he has shown flashes. He can NOT be as inconsistent as he has been and remain our future but we will see

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Dude

He is not getting better

Rabble rabble rabble

But he is making our receivers better. They actually look like NFL receivers when Weeden is playing well. Something that never happened with Colt. Let Weeden finish out the year because he has shown flashes. He can NOT be as inconsistent as he has been and remain our future but we will see

1. Sarcasm Wink

2. I agree with you

3. Regardless of how he finishes the year, there are absolutely no better additions to be had from FA or the draft that would be better options next year then Weeden.

The real question will be heading in to 2014.

Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Dude

He is not getting better

Rabble rabble rabble

1. Sarcasm Wink

2. I agree with you

3. Regardless of how he finishes the year, there are absolutely no better additions to be had from FA or the draft that would be better options next year then Weeden.

The real question will be heading in to 2014.

I agree completely.

And, honestly, I think that Weeden has already done more than any other young QB we have had since 1999 (even longer) to deserve another year to develop.

It's pretty obvious that he won't take us to a superbowl the way he is playing now, but it is equally obvious that he has a good chance to become a guy that can.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
StewieRules wrote:

I read some of these posts, EZ and BruceB, etc ...good guys and all but regarding Weeden it makes me wonder, did he stuff you guys into lockers in HS or something? Honestly ... the anger displayed is a bit odd.

Didn't like him coming out, wanted nothing to do with him in the draft and didn't think he could develop in time to be a super bowl winning Quarterback. I've been consistent in my unhappiness with the decision to draft him, it would not take anyone long to go back and see.

If he develops into a legitimate starting QB who can expand an offense and threaten a defense, make good decisions and improve his ball placement, then I will be happy to have him as our QB.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=489217

That is what I said about him when he was an Oklahoma State Cowboy. Thus far, I have seen nothing to change my opinion

Agree, maybe with you for the first time.

He has not won us a single game. Not sure he ever will.

Hoping I am wrong, but haven't seen any performance evidence to the contrary, yet.

Ok bruce...what does a QB have to do to "win" a game...in your opinion?

What "evidence" do you need to see, in your opinion?

If you negate the fact that he threw for 364 and a TD, we would have still won, obviously it wasn't because our of QB play... That 96 yard drive at the end of the game to get a TD, wasn't because of Weeden throwing for 70 yards on 5 completions and a 4th down rush conversion. Not at all...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: