Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns new CEO Joe Banner acknowledged that he and owner Jimmy Haslam will decide over the rest of the season if Brandon Weeden is the quarterback of the future.

"It's right to put Brandon on the list of important things we have to figure out and we have seven games left to do that," Banner said. "It's an extremely important question for this organization to get right ... You can't win big without a great coach and a great quarterback." Weeden has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that he has an NFL arm, but his decision-making, accuracy, and pocket presence have been spotty. At 2-7, the Browns will likely have a high enough pick to draft a premium prospect at the position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/cle/cleveland-browns
Spectre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:

Browns new CEO Joe Banner acknowledged that he and owner Jimmy Haslam will decide over the rest of the season if Brandon Weeden is the quarterback of the future.

"It's right to put Brandon on the list of important things we have to figure out and we have seven games left to do that," Banner said. "It's an extremely important question for this organization to get right ... You can't win big without a great coach and a great quarterback." Weeden has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that he has an NFL arm, but his decision-making, accuracy, and pocket presence have been spotty. At 2-7, the Browns will likely have a high enough pick to draft a premium prospect at the position.

As they should. Here's the real 'stunner' quote from that article: "Anybody can see he throws the ball well," Banner said. "The more crucial evaluation are the other issues that drive the best quarterbacks in the league such as huddle presence, feel, intelligence, and leadership."

GASP! You mean QBs should be judged on something other than arm talent? Say it ain't so, Joe!
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
smh wrote:

As they should. Here's the real 'stunner' quote from that article: "Anybody can see he throws the ball well," Banner said. "The more crucial evaluation are the other issues that drive the best quarterbacks in the league such as huddle presence, feel, intelligence, and leadership."

GASP! You mean QBs should be judged on something other than arm talent? Say it ain't so, Joe!

Interesting, I took that to imply that Banner/Haslam have questions on Weeden's huddle presence, intelligence, leadership, etc. I haven't heard that things were issues thus far. Decision-making, yes, but not intelligence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, we'd be making a huge mistake taking a QB with our 1st rounder. Not because of Weeden, but because I don't think the QB's in this draft are very good
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
IMO, we'd be making a huge mistake taking a QB with our 1st rounder. Not because of Weeden, but because I don't think the QB's in this draft are very good

This.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

It's 2006 all over again.

Geno Smith is Vince Young.

Matt Barkley is Matt Leinart.

Tyler Wilson is Jay Cutler.

Tyler Bray is Kellen Clemens.

All of them are iffy, but I think that Wilson is going to end up the best of the bunch.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

All of them are iffy, but I think that Wilson is going to end up the best of the bunch.

Early in the year it was Geno this, Geno that. Now its as if he never existed
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Early in the year it was Geno this, Geno that. Now its as if he never existed

That's what happen when you lose 4 in a row and steadily decline during the season.

As he was before the hype, he's a late 1st-early 2nd type prospect who will get drafted earlier out of desperation. Problem with that is that desperate teams usually don't have what it takes to properly develop a player like him, and he and the team will ultimately fail.

This holds true for the Browns, as well as other teams.
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

That is pretty funny I think Bray is more of the Jay Culter then Wilson, but I can give a argument for the Wilson comparison too I wouldnt be surprised with it turning out like that.
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

^^^Jamison^^^
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

Too early to tell folks.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

Too early to tell folks.

Regular season is over in 12 days. If you don't have an opinion by now...
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

Too early to tell folks.

Not a lot of time left to tell. I mean, how many games are left this year, 2+bowl games?

I like Wilson's potential,and I just dont know what to think of Barkley. Obviously I was all over Geno earlier, that turned out to be a bad call.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

Too early to tell folks.

Not a lot of time left to tell. I mean, how many games are left this year, 2+bowl games?

I like Wilson's potential,and I just dont know what to think of Barkley. Obviously I was all over Geno earlier, that turned out to be a bad call.

A see 3 middle of the road starters at best

^^^Jamison^^^
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This.

Pathetic QB Class

Too early to tell folks.

A see 3 middle of the road starters at best

Honestly, who wants to be the team to draft a 1st round QB 2 years in a row?

Weeden will have to commit a felony guys...next topic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 31 of 46

Jump to: