Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
Nobody has a terrible defense against us until we learn how to run the ball. We become one dimensional playing from behind and we have way to much of a propensity to give up on the run.

Being down 8 in the 3rd quarter doesn't constitute a need for being one dimensional.

You know this. I know this. Pat Shurmur doesn't.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Nobody has a terrible defense against us until we learn how to run the ball. We become one dimensional playing from behind and we have way to much of a propensity to give up on the run.

Being down 8 in the 3rd quarter doesn't constitute a need for being one dimensional.

You know this. I know this. Pat Shurmur doesn't.

yes an headcoach who has been around football his entire life doesnt know that. We have no idea what him and Chilly are talking about or seeing. We dont know how injured TRich is and etc.

The Browns pass blocking has actually been pretty damn good the past three weeks and the WRs have been pretty good the past 3weeks also. TRich is hurt, the run blocking skeptical, and Weeden and co. were looking pretty good. I have no problem passing as much as we did. I just wish a couple more plays could of been made. Gordan has to catch that TD and Cooper has to catch the slant (I say their was PI on that play IMO)

i know a lot of ppl were saying we need to run the ball at the colts because of what happen last week and etc but IMO the colts looked alot better on run defense yesterday than pass defense. when you get embarrassed like they did last week that they made it a point to stop the run. that Colts defense yesterday was playing with a purpose unlike the past couple weeks and the Browns were the ones slacking
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three throws stuck out to me yesterday as big time, great QB throws.

1. The pass to Little was perfect. It was in traffic, it was risky, but he put it where only Greg could get it. And he put it on a rope.

2. The TD to Flash was great. Even though it was behind, he put it where Gordon could get it, and make a play. It too was on a rope.

3. The TD Flash didn't catch was his best throw, IMO. In stride, over the safety, in the breadbasket. Great touch, phenomenal accuracy. It sucks he didn't catch it, because that undoubtedly would have been the game and a Browns win streak.

I'm beginning to feel bad for Brandon. His star running back is hurt, and isn't performing well. His receivers are dropping passes, and we're ultimately losing because of it. It's really refreshing to have that big armed QB stand in the pocket and throw darts with pressure coming in. I really do feel like we got a QB who could make us a winner.

Last edited by brownsfan1710 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan1710 wrote:

3. The TD Flash caught was his best throw, IMO. In stride, over the safety, in the breadbasket. Great touch, phenomenal accuracy. It sucks he didn't catch it, because that undoubtedly would have been the game and a Browns win streak.

to me it looked like Weeden threw that pass off his back foot and was kinda faling backwards but i cant really remember at the moment. if this was true, it was an amazing throw
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

yes an headcoach who has been around football his entire life doesnt know that. We have no idea what him and Chilly are talking about or seeing. We dont know how injured TRich is and etc.

The Browns pass blocking has actually been pretty damn good the past three weeks and the WRs have been pretty good the past 3weeks also. TRich is hurt, the run blocking skeptical, and Weeden and co. were looking pretty good. I have no problem passing as much as we did. I just wish a couple more plays could of been made. Gordan has to catch that TD and Cooper has to catch the slant (I say their was PI on that play IMO)

i know a lot of ppl were saying we need to run the ball at the colts because of what happen last week and etc but IMO the colts looked alot better on run defense yesterday than pass defense. when you get embarrassed like they did last week that they made it a point to stop the run. that Colts defense yesterday was playing with a purpose unlike the past couple weeks and the Browns were the ones slacking

Well if he knows it he's either failing to remember it or failing to utilize the information. Either way, he's failing.

You are acting like this was a one game phenomenon. He ran the ball 4 times in the second half against the Bills despite never being down by more than 10.

Weeden is 3rd in the league in pass attempts. You don't think that's too much for a rookie?

We're also 26th in the league in rushing attempts. This, mind you, after spending a 3rd overall pick on a RB. The injury to TRich is also a non issue, there are 4 RB's on the 53, use them.

Numbers don't lie dude. They don't have opinions. We run the ball 1/2 as much as we throw it.

Does that sound like a good game plan to you? I guess so, cuz a head coach who's been around football his whole life put it together. Rolling Eyes

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Well if he knows it he's either failing to remember it or failing to utilize the information. Either way, he's failing.

You are acting like this was a one game phenomenon. He ran the ball 4 times in the second half against the Bills despite never being down by more than 10.

Weeden is 3rd in the league in pass attempts. You don't think that's too much for a rookie?

We're also 26th in the league in rushing attempts. This, mind you, after spending a 3rd overall pick on a RB. The injury to TRich is also a non issue, there are 4 RB's on the 53, use them.

Numbers don't lie dude. They don't have opinions. We run the ball 1/2 as much as we throw it.

Does that sound like a good game plan to you? I guess so, cuz a head coach who's been around football his whole life put it together. Rolling Eyes

Terrible game planning, adjustments, play calling, use of personell... what ever you want to call it it is terrible, and it will (or has already) cost Shurmur and others their jobs.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Terrible game planning, adjustments, play calling, use of personell... what ever you want to call it it is terrible, and it will (or has already) cost Shurmur and others their jobs.

I may have to differ there, I believe they actually come up with a good script for the first two or so drives, then after that, thats when they fall a part. They run those first 20 or so plays with ease, we are even actually scoring in the first quarter even the first drive. It is after we are down when we actually have to adjust is when we have trouble, which is troubling.

And It seems like Shurmur just runs on 3rd and 1 just to appease the fans, but he knows our guards are soft as cotton and wouldn't bust a grape with a 10lb hammer, the colts have the same type of line but what did they do? they ran simple zone plays and just positioned blocked and gashed us up and down... Rolling Eyes, at this point,Shurmur should be pulling out all the stops, hell 3rd and 1, go 5 wide. Spread the defense out, throw it deep hope for a PI, run a jet sweep, quick slant, shotgun draw, bubble screen it is so many possibilities.

Uuuuuugh, plus we are soft as a team zero a** kickers on this team which is a reflection of our coach
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything keeps calling for Shurmurs head but why is Jauron getting a pass for this game?

Colts avg 86yards rushing going into this game and the browns let up 146yards on the guard.

ppl complaining about Weeden's passing attempts. I have no problem with passing that much. I rather have a passing attack over a rushing attack. specially when were not trying to run TRich in the ground.

If TRich cant run the ball, i dont trust putting the ball in MoHard, Obys, or Jacksons hands. I rather let Weeden throw it around than run it with an RB that isnt TRich
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

If TRich cant run the ball, i dont trust putting the ball in MoHard, Obys, or Jacksons hands. I rather let Weeden throw it around than run it with an RB that isnt TRich

Well that's just foolish, but seemingly Shurmur's thought process also.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random facts.

The last 3 weeks, Weeden has had a QB rating of 84.3, 92.7, and 96.0.

Not counting Week 1, Weeden's number's look like this

Att- 237
Comp- 142
%- 59.9
Yards- 1665
YPA- 7.02
TD- 9
INT- 6
QBR- 83.4

Batted passes- 8
Sacked- 9
Dropped passes- 22
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drops are KILLING Weeden's stats.

His comp % would be almost 70% if all of those passes were complete.

Even cutting the drops in half ups his % to 64.

Think about what some of those drops would have done to his QBR. The Little drop in Baltimore? The Gordon drop yesterday? Norwood's 'drop' against the Ravens? Those are all BIG plays that would have added 100+ yards and at least 2 TD's to his totals.

bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
The drops are KILLING Weeden's stats.

His comp % would be almost 70% if all of those passes were complete.

Even cutting the drops in half ups his % to 64.

Think about what some of those drops would have done to his QBR. The Little drop in Baltimore? The Gordon drop yesterday? Norwood's 'drop' against the Ravens? Those are all BIG plays that would have added 100+ yards and at least 2 TD's to his totals.

Yeup.

I made a comment the other day that the average for the league was 13.3 (I think) So cutting them in half isn't a big expectation.

But even with the drops, everyone should be encouraged by Weeden's performances.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:

3. The TD Flash caught was his best throw, IMO. In stride, over the safety, in the breadbasket. Great touch, phenomenal accuracy. It sucks he didn't catch it, because that undoubtedly would have been the game and a Browns win streak.

to me it looked like Weeden threw that pass off his back foot and was kinda faling backwards but i cant really remember at the moment. if this was true, it was an amazing throw

Yes he threw it off of his back foot because he had pressure on him and released it just before he was hit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:

Yes he threw it off of his back foot because he had pressure on him and released it just before he was hit.

It was gorgeous.

Agreed with other above. If not for game 1 and the drops, Weeden's rating could be at 90.

I know woulda coulda should, but the dude is an NFL QB. We haven't had one of those since I was in diapers.

I like it

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:

It was gorgeous.

Agreed with other above. If not for game 1 and the drops, Weeden's rating could be at 90.

I know woulda coulda should, but the dude is an NFL QB. We haven't had one of those since I was in diapers.

I like it

Are you saying Charlie frye was an NFL QB?

j/k...I thought i'd be in diapers again by the time we got a legitimate QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 24 of 46

Jump to: