You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster cuts:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11146
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Roster cuts: Reply with quote

The Lions have informed nine players that they are planned to be released today.

Quote:
Among those players are fullback James Bryant, receiver Jarett Dillard, running back Stephfon Green, safety Sean Jones, guard Jacques McClendon, linebacker Slade Norris, guard J.C. Oram, defensive tackle Bobby Skinner and receiver Terrence Toliver.


Said kicker Derek Dimke was expected to be cut as well.

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/08/27/hanson-will-be-lions-kicker-in-2012-with-expected-release-of-derek-dimke/

My take: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT BRYANT!!
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why release stephfon green?
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL they never really gave Bryant a chance. Dilliard and Tolliver sucked too. Surprised Green is gone already
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andjordand


Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 655
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IDOG_det"]Why release stephfon green?[/quote]

My thoughts are that they've seen enough of him in the preseason games and want to hide him on the PS in-case Best is done for good or isn't ready for a playoff push. An extra preseason game could show him off too much to other teams desperate for a scat-back RB (JETs)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 36589
Location: Clio, MI
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
An extra preseason game could show him off too much to other teams desperate for a scat-back RB (JETs)

Green
McKnight
Powell

Not sure they are on the market for a #4RB. There are other teams that would come to mind long before them.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4606
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenwood to the PUP list
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 11101
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing too surprising. I didn't expect any of those guys to make the team. I think McClendon could end up on our practice squad.

I'm interested in our safety spot. There are 6 guys for 4 spots. Delmas/Spievey/Wendling/Coleman/Silva/Langford. Silva has played very well. Langford is very good on special teams. But I think we'll see Wendling and Coleman sticking around with Delmas/Spievey.

Also interested in the last couple WR spots. Patrick Edwards and Maurice Stovall really haven't done anything to secure a roster spot. Lance Long has made some nice catches.

Will the Lions keep Stefan Logan around? Will he be ready? If so, do they keep him at WR or RB?

Will Andre Fluellen saty around? or has Everrett Brown shown enough to take Flu's spot?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanFuller003


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20262
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Also interested in the last couple WR spots. Patrick Edwards and Maurice Stovall really haven't done anything to secure a roster spot. Lance Long has made some nice catches.

My guess is they'll keep five guys: CJ, Burleson, Young, Broyles, and Kassim Osgood.

Quote:
Will the Lions keep Stefan Logan around? Will he be ready? If so, do they keep him at WR or RB?

IIRC they've been having him practice exclusively at RB and they were featuring him quite a bit in the second game before he got hurt. My guess is he'll make the roster at the expense of Joique Bell.

Quote:
Will Andre Fluellen saty around? or has Everrett Brown shown enough to take Flu's spot?

I would have to say Fluellen is probably going to get cut.

Suh - Williams - Fairley - SLH
Avril - KVB - Young - Jackson - Ronnell Lewis

I don't think it's out of the question we'll keep a 5th DE, but Fairley is healthy and Ronnell Lewis was drafted too early to be cut as a rookie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cibowilson


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 2115
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Also interested in the last couple WR spots. Patrick Edwards and Maurice Stovall really haven't done anything to secure a roster spot. Lance Long has made some nice catches.

My guess is they'll keep five guys: CJ, Burleson, Young, Broyles, and Kassim Osgood.

Quote:
Will the Lions keep Stefan Logan around? Will he be ready? If so, do they keep him at WR or RB?

IIRC they've been having him practice exclusively at RB and they were featuring him quite a bit in the second game before he got hurt. My guess is he'll make the roster at the expense of Joique Bell.

Quote:
Will Andre Fluellen saty around? or has Everrett Brown shown enough to take Flu's spot?

I would have to say Fluellen is probably going to get cut.

Suh - Williams - Fairley - SLH
Avril - KVB - Young - Jackson - Ronnell Lewis

I don't think it's out of the question we'll keep a 5th DE, but Fairley is healthy and Ronnell Lewis was drafted too early to be cut as a rookie.


How many years have you been saying that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 11101
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Also interested in the last couple WR spots. Patrick Edwards and Maurice Stovall really haven't done anything to secure a roster spot. Lance Long has made some nice catches.

My guess is they'll keep five guys: CJ, Burleson, Young, Broyles, and Kassim Osgood.

Quote:
Will the Lions keep Stefan Logan around? Will he be ready? If so, do they keep him at WR or RB?

IIRC they've been having him practice exclusively at RB and they were featuring him quite a bit in the second game before he got hurt. My guess is he'll make the roster at the expense of Joique Bell.

Quote:
Will Andre Fluellen saty around? or has Everrett Brown shown enough to take Flu's spot?

I would have to say Fluellen is probably going to get cut.

Suh - Williams - Fairley - SLH
Avril - KVB - Young - Jackson - Ronnell Lewis

I don't think it's out of the question we'll keep a 5th DE, but Fairley is healthy and Ronnell Lewis was drafted too early to be cut as a rookie.


How many years have you been saying that?


This is the first year for me. Last year i thought they'd keep him around because we had young guys with Willie, LoJack and Fairley after we lost Turk.

But now we know Willie, LoJack, Fairley, SLH and Ronnell will all be aorund and Everrett Brown has looked decent. Flu very well could be the odd man out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27387
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets cut OLB/DE Ricky Sapp, a pass-rusher I was extremely high on during the draft. I know we have a plethora of players at the position, but I wish we could bring him in... I think he'd fit in with this scheme.
_________________

Team Stylish

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 27647
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Jets cut OLB/DE Ricky Sapp, a pass-rusher I was extremely high on during the draft. I know we have a plethora of players at the position, but I wish we could bring him in... I think he'd fit in with this scheme.


Interesting. I don't care how many guys they have at the position if their scouting reports indicate he could be better then have a look. It doesn't cost anything.
_________________


Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27387
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Linebacker Greg Jones of the Giants was released. That's... crazy. For some reason, I thought he would have stuck around there.
_________________

Team Stylish

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Wow. Linebacker Greg Jones of the Giants was released. That's... crazy. For some reason, I thought he would have stuck around there.


They loved him last year... but Mark Herzlich has been fantastic from what I hear.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Hightower Cut!!! Wouldn't be surprised if he came in and replaced Keiland
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group