Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12758
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

Just wondering where everyone sees our greatest areas of need.


I'm seeing WR, O-Line, and pass rush. My frustation comes from the fact that I saw these three areas as our biggest needs prior to the draft and I still see them as glaring holes . QB and CB are the only two positions I believe we significantly upgraded in the offseason. Not what I would want if I were in charge of the phins.

Where do you see our biggest, most glaring, holes?
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinmun


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I got to thinking about this the other day and I though that Pass Rush really stood out because I personally feel we are really weak outside of Wake, especially in depth. Odrick is not a bad player. I think he'll be alright but unless Vernon really surprises I think our whole front needs a touch of help starting first with the primary rushers though.

I think we'll be looking at WR, RG and Pass Rusher as needs. I guess I'd classify pass rusher as DE but even a better interior player wouldn't be bad. Starks and Soliai are solid but not great. No team is going to win a ton of Play-Off games if Starks and Soliai are the only DTs worth a crap.

We've got too many young players to order our needs though. Misi might do better than expected as might some of the young WRs. Vernon too might be a homerun as much as he might be a failure.

Hard to judge but we have plenty of areas right now.

Let's just hope Tannehill is successful enough to make it all okay! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me personally im not ready to declare the OLINE a weakness just yet i will let the pre season play out first. Martin had a rough game but he is a rookie and its the preseason i believe in a few weeks he will be a upgrade from columbo and if long is healthy and with pouncy i wouldnt say its a glaring need but yes it could be by early season or possibly be a good one just my 2 cents. For me its WR everyday all day i can not be convinced otherwise till someone proves me wrong on the field. Not buying the legedu hype or that wallace will be anything. I would like to see a good play making linebacker someone who can help the pass rush wich is something you think we need is a better pass rush whicj i agree but i would like it to come from a play making linebacker because i believe odrick,wake and starks to a lesser degree will get sacks. vernon being the wild card.. I may be in the minority here but if tannehill is who e hope and we get a couple WR i think we are close and especially with brady turning 36 we need to be knocking on the door in 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericsvibe


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 634
Location: East Helena, MT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's too early to tell right now. The pass rush is weak, but even Dansby said that the D is having to think too much and it is hurting their reaction time. Once the D is confortable with the scheme, we should see an improvement. The WR's are a concern, just because we really don't have a proven playmaker. We may pick up a WR after the rosters are cut, but I really feel that WR will be our first pick next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 9576
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I think it's too early to tell right now. The pass rush is weak, but even Dansby said that the D is having to think too much and it is hurting their reaction time. Once the D is confortable with the scheme, we should see an improvement. The WR's are a concern, just because we really don't have a proven playmaker. We may pick up a WR after the rosters are cut, but I really feel that WR will be our first pick next year.


100% correct. We're 2 weeks away from playing the first meaningful game. We can begin answering this question at that time.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4432
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
I think it's too early to tell right now. The pass rush is weak, but even Dansby said that the D is having to think too much and it is hurting their reaction time. Once the D is confortable with the scheme, we should see an improvement. The WR's are a concern, just because we really don't have a proven playmaker. We may pick up a WR after the rosters are cut, but I really feel that WR will be our first pick next year.


100% correct. We're 2 weeks away from playing the first meaningful game. We can begin answering this question at that time.


Agree. This is the preseason and most defenses haven't even touched the surface of how they are going to play during the season yet. Pass rush is something that we are not going to see because the packages haven't even been run yet.

I do think though that we are going to be weak at RG though. I think Martin will get things together. I also think that we are weak at WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niedermaier


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 951
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this order: OG, OG, WR, OLB, S, MLB. Finish building the o-line project.
_________________



Will we ever address the Guard position?

Larry Little #66
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9041
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that the same trouble areas are still our trouble areas after the draft.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niedermaier


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 951
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I hate that the same trouble areas are still our trouble areas after the draft.


Its a product of changing systems every other 2/3 years. I have faith in Philben because its proven, but he has to make Jeff Ireland look good which may be difficult to do.
_________________



Will we ever address the Guard position?

Larry Little #66
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhinFan52


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 4341
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passrush.. we took a chance on the kid from the u.. but so far not what we hoped... WR... OLine.. OG play don't look good.. RT (martin not impressive)... OLB... Yeah pretty much same "needs" as end of last season Shocked Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinmun


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I hate that the same trouble areas are still our trouble areas after the draft.


I see what you're saying but QB was 1st on that list and maybe we'll cross that off. If so, we can both enjoy a cold beverage and smile, I think.

Also, I think Vernon has a chance to contribute as a DE so there's a slight chance that while I keep saying pass rush is a need, that it might not be as much so when we approach April of next year.

WR...yes, it will be however the chips fall. RG/RT...yeah, I think we'll have to see how it goes over there this season.

But realistically I think we went from QB, RT, RG, WR, S and DE/OLB to possibly only WR and maybe another O-lineman depending on the play.

I don't know...we'll have to see. I understand what you say though. It seems like we've been asking for the same things for 5 years now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group