Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dion Lewis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surreysbirdman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Dion Lewis Reply with quote

I feel with the way Bryce Brown and Polk have been running the ball there really isn't a spot on the team anymore for Lewis. He is basically a poor mans McCoy and I think a power running back would be much more suited for us as a back up. I really hope that FO could package together Lewis, One of our DE's (Tapp, Graham?) and another one of our safeties to another team for a proven solid starter at safety. Am i the only who isn't concerned with Allen and Coleman back there? With our depth at DE i think we could put together a nice package for a solid safety and wish FO would pull something off before the season starts
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm..I'm not sure. I agree with what you said. But Dion did ok last year and has looked good so far this season. I suppose they could package him and Tapp if they wanted to get something decent to add to the team. But I'd be wary of having two rookies, let alone a 7th rounder and an UDFA, as our backups.

I don't see any team giving us back a starting safety for a 2nd year small change of pace back and a decent older DE. But if we could get a decent pick, or yea a decent player I'd pull the trigger I suppose.

Brown/Polk should get a chance against the browns #1s on Friday....so it'll be interesting to see how they do.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has Polk done to deserve a spot over Dion Lewis? I agree both he and Brown have been a pleasant surprise. However neither IMO has looked better then Dion in camp. What is wrong exactly with a RB who might have many of the same attributes as arguably one of the NFL's top 3 RB's? People are getting carried away with this "Big Back" need for this offense. We're not the Steelers of 06' or a smash mouth type offense. We're never going to pound the rock unless we are protecting the lead. Polk although he has looked decent also has injuries concerns with his surgically repaired shoulder. How long before that becomes a problem? Polk will be placed on IR with a mysterious injury allowing the Eagles to see what they have in Lewis and Brown throughout the 2012 season. If one of them falter's Polk will get his shot next season.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
People are getting carried away with this "Big Back" need for this offense. We're not the Steelers of 06' or a smash mouth type offense.

I was going to reply with the same exact type of response. Just because Lewis is similar to Shady doesn't mean that is a bad thing. He's clearly the 2nd best RB on the team, and obviously has a secured spot on the 53 man roster.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion had a great camp, he is pretty clearly the second best RB on the team.

Frankly, I don't see a spot on the team for Polk. He gives a ton of effort and has some power, but that's about it. He's the fourth most talented RB on the team, and that isn't going to earn him a roster spot.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:

Frankly, I don't see a spot on the team for Polk. He gives a ton of effort and has some power, but that's about it. He's the fourth most talented RB on the
team, and that isn't going to earn him a roster spot.

He would be one HELL of a short yardage and goal line back though.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe after the draft I would agree, but Dion played great in TC and he's the 2nd back.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
surreysbirdman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WhackyPlague Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How has he CLEARLY shown he is the second best RB on the team? I haven't been impressed with him.. He's a smaller slower less shift Mccoy and I think we could benefit more with a Brown type runner as a back up. Need thunder for our lightning.. Still concerned about the safeties we are going into the season with and wish we could package together Dion and a DE
gator3guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trades like that don't work in the NFL.

I like Brown, I think he's going to be good in this league, but he's still raw. Its probably best for Lewis to be the number 2 this season.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surreysbirdman wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How has he CLEARLY shown he is the second best RB on the team? I haven't been impressed with him.. He's a smaller slower less shift Mccoy and I think we could benefit more with a Brown type runner as a back up. Need thunder for our lightning.. Still concerned about the safeties we are going into the season with and wish we could package together Dion and a DE

I think you're missing the point though. Dion knows the playbook, catches the ball well, and is a bigger playmaker than Polk, an UDFA with injury concerns, tons of mileage on his injury-concerned body, and a few "decent" showings against the scrubs in a few pre-season games. Does that mean Polk will never be a good RB in the NFL? No, not at all, but if Shady gets injured (I'll admit, I knocked on wood after I typed that), I'd much much much rather have Dion Lewis over Polk or Brown. Just remember who your QB is. When Shady is out of the game, one blown pass blocking assignment by a 7th round rookie RB, or a UDFA rookie RB ends our season. Dion Lewis all day.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surreysbirdman wrote:
How has he CLEARLY shown he is the second best RB on the team? I haven't been impressed with him.. He's a smaller slower less shift Mccoy and I think we could benefit more with a Brown type runner as a back up. Need thunder for our lightning..

Brown have higher upside, but that's just it right now, upside. Dion is small, but tough and he have been great at TC so far.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion should be the 2
Bryce the 3

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
surreysbirdman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Brown being the 3 and end up getting more carries than Lewis as the season goes on..
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surreysbirdman wrote:
Quote:

Pretty much everyone is a slower, less shifty shady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Pretty much everyone is a slower, less shifty shady

I mean, when Jon Gruden compares Shady to Barry Sanders, it's tough for the other backs on the roster to come close to his awesomeness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: