Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Profiles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas has more then enough upside to be intrigued by him. I agree, he should return for another year, but if he did come out, I think he's worth taking in the early 2nd.

On Dysert, I've only seen youtube highlights, but I've really liked what I've seen. Being from Miami-Ohio and from the same area as Roethlisberger, the comparison's to Ben are expected. However it's more then just immaterial. He's a pretty big guy, although not THAT big, but his style of play is similar. He's got a knack for evading pressure and getting out of sacks. He also reminds me some of Rivers, mainly due to his somewhat side-arm motion.

He has not blown up this year like you might expect a good QB at a small school to do, but watching his highlights from Ohio State, I see some really good things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMa5Nv2zoI

In this game, against a legit top 5 team (undeafeted but they're under sanctions) and good defense he looked great, despite his stats. He easily had 10 dropped passes in this game, especially when it was still within reach. Every pass but maybe 1-2 was very catchable if not placed with great accuracy. His WR's just let him down time and time again.

The biggest issue is that he throws seemingly EVERY pass like a fastball. Also, when it was getting late and out of reach, he made some bad decisions, but when you are getting no help, I can see why you start to take chances. He also tends to go with his first option and doesn't seem to be too polished in going through his progressions.

There is a lot to like, but he's definitely a project of sorts. He'll need a lot of coaching up to be successful even somewhat early, but I think he's got potential to be a very good QB.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon had another good day. I'm just sayin...
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB/FS Marcus Cromartie Wisconsin
6'0 195
Ran a 4.35 at the wisc pro day after so many thought he would run in 4.5 range. 34" vertical Most reports I've seen him have him going no earlier than 6th round and some have him as UDFA. A late round guy to consider.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the following player profile pages (these are KC forum topics not Draft foum topics) :

Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida Gators (Senior)
Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU Tigers (Junior)
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma Sooners (Senior)
Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina Tarheels (Senior)
Earl Wolff, SS, North Carolina State Wolfpack (Senior)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
CB/FS Marcus Cromartie Wisconsin
6'0 195
Ran a 4.35 at the wisc pro day after so many thought he would run in 4.5 range. 34" vertical Most reports I've seen him have him going no earlier than 6th round and some have him as UDFA. A late round guy to consider.

And my boy "EZ," Uzoma Nwachukwu, from Texas A&M put on a very impressive pro-day, running a 4.40 forty, and a 39.5" vertical. EZ was a deep threat type WR for us, but he also did well blocking. He was overshadowed by Jeff Fuller for the first few years, and then Swope, and this past year freshman Mike Evans. I think he could be a faster, and much cheaper, version of Terrance Copper for us.

Also, CB CJ Jones put up some fantastic numbers with a 4.38 forty, 40.5" vertical, and a 11' - 5" broad jump. I worry about his instincts as a DB based upon his play, but he's got a great physical skill set. He'd be a priority UDFA for me.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else high on the FB from Harvard!!?? Very Happy

Kyle Juszczyk
6'1 248

LOVE the guy! Think he would be a perfect at FB. Can absolutely de-cleat people with his blocks and has GREAT hands coming out of the backfield.

Led harvard with 52 catches last year. Would look sweet paving the way for JC.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the hard work nic! I'm going to go ahead and de-sticky this one to make room for the 2014 one Wink

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: