Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could we give up 79+ sacks in 2012?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
Those hurries against "elite" rushers will translate into sacks. Trust me.

But that is the QB's issue not the tackles. Those hurries will not translate into sacks unless our QB's become gunshy and start to hold onto the ball.

While were spending all this time evaluating our tackles, our QBs are getting killed.

Nice strategy Ken. Evalute what we already know is crap and kill your QBs confidence and moral in the process.

1. Our quarterbacks aren't getting killed. Kolb has missed 2 practices, Skelton's 100%. Another example of you being overzealous.
2. If taking time in the PRESEASON to decide a starting offensive line position battle is wrong, I don't ever want our coaches to be right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to suck bad but we wont give up that many not 70. Is there any news on clifton?

matthouston91 made it!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 sacks after 3 games. Only 74+ to go.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Only 4 of which were actually sacks.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Notice since Levi brown hasn't been playing tackle Kolb has only rolled out about 3 or 4 times?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Notice since Levi brown hasn't been playing tackle Kolb has only rolled out about 3 or 4 times?

I think that's more Kolb playing better than anything else. Batiste has been beat a lot off the edge. Kolb's just getting the ball out a lot quicker.

Kudos to Whiz and Miller too for running an offense that's easier for Kolb to work in. Lots of quick throws.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll eat big time crow on this subject. I thought we'd be historically bad up front.

An although it's early, we have done pretty damn well consider we've gone up against some nasty front sevens.

I give credit to Russ and the boys, although our run blocking as been terrible but we knew that coming in with Levi gone.

Massie has been way better than I thought he would be, although I have always like his potential, just not early one. Snyder has been bad, but we knew that going in.

None the less, I was wrong and I should know better then to take anything substantle from preseason football ever again.

As far as the line moving forward, I'd love to see us go tackle/guard or guard/tackle in next years draft. Seems to be the only weakness on this team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somers stated point blank on Sunday that Snyder's playing through a quote "significant" elbow injury. Left the game at 1 point on Sunday.

If we had any decent depth inside, if Jeremy Bridges were healthy, Snyder might be sitting games out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Somers stated point blank on Sunday that Snyder's playing through a quote "significant" elbow injury. Left the game at 1 point on Sunday.

If we had any decent depth inside, if Jeremy Bridges were healthy, Snyder might be sitting games out.

Wonder how our 5th rounder is doing...

Probably still too far behind and I don't like the idea of starting 2 rookies on the right side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I'll eat big time crow on this subject. I thought we'd be historically bad up front.

An although it's early, we have done pretty damn well consider we've gone up against some nasty front sevens.

I give credit to Russ and the boys, although our run blocking as been terrible but we knew that coming in with Levi gone.

Massie has been way better than I thought he would be, although I have always like his potential, just not early one. Snyder has been bad, but we knew that going in.

None the less, I was wrong and I should know better then to take anything substantle from preseason football ever again.

As far as the line moving forward, I'd love to see us go tackle/guard or guard/tackle in next years draft. Seems to be the only weakness on this team.

The bolded is the biggest thing to take away from this. The preseason has a purpose but evaluating actual on-field results isn't one of them. Our defense let teams run up and down on them in the preseason. Players get in the groove, realize the games actually matter, Horton starts actually gameplanning for opponents and now look at us.

Treating the preseason as anything but a very low end warm up is something NFL fans really shouldn't do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

The bolded is the biggest thing to take away from this. The preseason has a purpose but evaluating actual on-field results isn't one of them. Our defense let teams run up and down on them in the preseason. Players get in the groove, realize the games actually matter, Horton starts actually gameplanning for opponents and now look at us.

Treating the preseason as anything but a very low end warm up is something NFL fans really shouldn't do.

Seahawks fans are starting to say that about Russell Wilson. They are not pleased with him overall.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Seahawks fans are starting to say that about Russell Wilson. They are not pleased with him overall.

I think Wilson will be fine but really, he's kind of the poster boy for this argument. His kind of moxy style of play is great until teams start watching the tape, preparing, gameplanning, scheming etc. and when good defensive coordinators start preparing, gameplanning, scheming etc. AND they have a ton of talented defensive players at their disposal, all that moxy goes right out the window. That's Russell Wilson's 2012 to a tee.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely appoligize to my Cardinals brothers and sisters for the jinx job I made by bringing this thread up. Let it die please and let's hope that coach doesn't leave them on an island anymore.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondered whose fault it was.

Bad cardsfan, bad.

really it bad whiz and off coaches, bad whiz, when will you learn
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on pace for 70, notice the "only" part. Laughing

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: