Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton and Gregg Williams' fractured relationship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Sean Payton and Gregg Williams' fractured relationship Reply with quote

I remember a few of us talking about this in the other forums when ish first went down back in March. Now that it's out, it's worth discussing. Quite a few of us thought that Payton and Williams weren't getting along, and that Williams would've been leaving, even if his contract hadn't been up.

Quote:
Sean Payton had essentially fired Williams two months before the defensive coordinator was indefinitely suspended by Roger Goodell.

Quote:
Williams' "live by the blitz, die by the blitz" philosophy had helped bury the Saints in their postseason loss to the San Francisco 49ers, and Payton was ready for a sharp left turn in defensive philosophy.

Quote:
"Well, yeah, teams knew we were going to be in a blitz 90 percent of the time, and they reacted accordingly," defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis said Friday. "It started to be where everything was three-step drop. I feel like people started to know exactly what was going on."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000053056/article/sean-payton-reportedly-moved-on-from-gregg-williams?module=HP11_headline_stack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all knew that the defensive system was flawed; I didn't know that they didn't like eachother.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: