Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taylor Swift - Red - Release Date October 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
playmaker8267


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8849
Location: University of New Hampshire
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Ed Sheeran is on the album. He is my boy.....so I gotta get that song.
It's a really good song.
_________________

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15446
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Ed Sheeran is on the album. He is my boy.....so I gotta get that song.
It's a really good song.


Sick. I'd like to take this time to recommend Ed Sheeran if you don't listn to his stuff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 30456
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came away not as impressed as her first two efforts. There were some songs that had a much more poppy sound than in the past trying to mask the lyrics that weren't as strong as in the past. Well maybe they were as strong but I feel that at 22 she should have evolved more than this.
_________________
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Yes, Victor Cruz is a bigger asset to a QB than Antonio Brown is. Id be hard-pressed to find many people that would take the latter.


JerseysFinest27 wrote:
10. Antonio Brown


Cruz wasnt even an HM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I came away not as impressed as her first two efforts. There were some songs that had a much more poppy sound than in the past trying to mask the lyrics that weren't as strong as in the past. Well maybe they were as strong but I feel that at 22 she should have evolved more than this.


Ironically her song 22 is the epitome of her inability to progress her song's meanings (to something other than high school crushes/having fun).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asgardian


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 6090
Location: VA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disliked the album. Other than Ronan and the song with Sheeran featured (essentially for his part) I disliked it. I somewhat liked her last album too which is the sad part. She really hasn't grown, at all.

Never Getting Back Together is still one of the worst songs I've heard from a mainstream pop artist. It's a disgrace to the entire genre of country that it is considered a country song. It's no more country than Rebecca Black's Friday.
_________________
It's [insert any time here] and Georgetown still sucks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 30456
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
I came away not as impressed as her first two efforts. There were some songs that had a much more poppy sound than in the past trying to mask the lyrics that weren't as strong as in the past. Well maybe they were as strong but I feel that at 22 she should have evolved more than this.


Ironically her song 22 is the epitome of her inability to progress her song's meanings (to something other than high school crushes/having fun).


Also ironically I LOVE that song. I don't think it's a great song by any means but it's so catchy and poppy I can see my lady friends getting ready to it before we go out.
_________________
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Yes, Victor Cruz is a bigger asset to a QB than Antonio Brown is. Id be hard-pressed to find many people that would take the latter.


JerseysFinest27 wrote:
10. Antonio Brown


Cruz wasnt even an HM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Is anyone getting a physical CD? I think I'm gong to swing by Walmart tomorrow and get it.


I went to Walmart today to buy it but they haven't stocked it yet.

Has Taylor ever been more country than this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cUqyOUFp4&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 27745
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got out a a loooong relationship a few months ago and the CD just really sits with me from songs like Red to Trouble to I almost do and even when I went on a first date and begin again plays in my head. It's not her best work but because of the timing items becoming one of my favorite CDs right now. 22 is definitely going to be a song I listen to before I go out, even if I just turned 23 haha.
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
playmaker8267


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8849
Location: University of New Hampshire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:
Is anyone getting a physical CD? I think I'm gong to swing by Walmart tomorrow and get it.


I went to Walmart today to buy it but they haven't stocked it yet.

Has Taylor ever been more country than this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cUqyOUFp4&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Same thing happened to me. Ended up ordering it online from Target and getting the bonus tracks. Still hasn't gotten here though..
_________________

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleepless at the moment and need to finish a paper in an hour. I'm relying on 22 to keep me energized.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15446
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Ed Sheeran is on the album. He is my boy.....so I gotta get that song.
It's a really good song.


Needed a lot more Ed. But it's pretty good
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles26


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2955
Location: The Happiest of all Valleys
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Too Well is easily my favorite on the album, probably one of my favorite songs by her ever. I have no problem at all with 22, she's allowed to have fun songs on her own album.

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Ed Sheeran is on the album. He is my boy.....so I gotta get that song.
It's a really good song.


Needed a lot more Ed. But it's pretty good

I actually didn't like this. I think my expectations were too high going into it.
_________________

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playmaker8267


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8849
Location: University of New Hampshire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Treacherous," "Stay Stay Stay," "22," "All Too Well," "The Lucky One," and "The Girl At Home" are all really good. I've only listened to each song once or twice, but the first time through it all of those stood out.

So far I'm very pleased with it but not exactly blown away. She had a tough task following Speak Now, but I think she did a good job.
_________________

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the album the other day, I kind of liked listening to the youtube versions because of the pitch changes (I personally like her voice a pitch higher than it is naturally), but I'm glad I have it.


Songs really worth remembering:
1. All Too Well
2. 22
3. Treacherous
4. Stay Stay Stay

I agree, I'm not entirely blown away at all, I think only All Too Well and 22 are fantastic songs. I still enjoy it though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playmaker8267


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8849
Location: University of New Hampshire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's on the fence about getting the regular or deluxe edition, go deluxe. "Come Back.. Be Here" and "Girl At Home" are both really good. "Girl At Home" is my most played song from the album so far.
_________________

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group