Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jones-Drew open to trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to throw this in there.

Greg for Mojo, straight up. I'd consider it if Mojo is an elite blocking back.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Jags just drafted Blackmon and gave Robinson a nice piece of coin. Jennings only has a year left on his contract so all he would do is block Blackmon from growing and then walk out the door at seasons end. Why would they consider that trade? I'm all for having some fun with hypothetical trades but at least put some thought into it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you've heard of the Franchise Tag? Jennings would be perfect across from Blackmon while mentoring him. Plus Jennings is the better long term piece because of mileage, it's a passing league, etc. His franchise tag isn't much more expensive than what the Fortes' of the world have gotten. If I were a Jag (my friends tell me I am), I'd be interested.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Jags just drafted Blackmon and gave Robinson a nice piece of coin. Jennings only has a year left on his contract so all he would do is block Blackmon from growing and then walk out the door at seasons end. Why would they consider that trade? I'm all for having some fun with hypothetical trades but at least put some thought into it.

why wouldn't they consider that? They have a disgruntled RB with 2 years. They'd get a WR for Blackmon to look up to, and a whole year with Jennings for his play and to negotiate a long-term deal.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

he's not going to sit out of football for 2 years.

Agreed. Man has very little leverage right now to tell the truth. Bet his agent told him it was a great time to make bank because he was all they had. Well guess what, QB made MAJOR improvements and Jennings looks good at RB. Epic fail right there.

I'm probably more understanding than many when it comes to holdouts. Especially if they are under their rookie contract. But things like this are why many good coaches have walked away from the game!

He could sit out until week 10 and show up for the last 7 weeks and collect a paycheck to knock a year off of his contract, can't he?

I imagine that's got to be the only play other than "cave" or "retire."
TedThompson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Thompson would never ever trade a great and talented CLASS act like Jennings for MJD.
That's not his style.

James Jones and a 3rd round pick is the fairest deal. I'd still not do it because I think we have more than enough talent to win more Super Bowls.
But the locker room and all that is a critical element to a team, and this team is a real team. No divas.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mess with what we have. It works. I don't care how great MJD may have been in Jacksonville. I'm not sure that's a great fit right now in my opinion. And on top of that the potential fit not working out, why potentially give away a third or second and risk our future for something we've SHOWN we do not need, especially since the entire NFL is evolving into a league predicated on the passing offense?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedThompson wrote:
Ted Thompson would never ever trade a great and talented CLASS act like Jennings for MJD.
That's not his style.

James Jones and a 3rd round pick is the fairest deal. I'd still not do it because I think we have more than enough talent to win more Super Bowls.
But the locker room and all that is a critical element to a team, and this team is a real team. No divas.

Diva?

I've never heard MJD described as anything near that.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
That's not his style.

Diva?

I've never heard MJD described as anything near that.

MJD is not a diva. He just wants the money he deserves.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD already is on his second contract. He's not still on his cheap rookie contract.
And he has 2 years left on the contract his agent negotiated and he signed.
He already got his money.

That is diva-ish.

We don't have guys that pull that schit on this team. The last one was Javon Walker, and how'd that selfish attitude work out for him in the end?
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since he laid down at the 1 yd line when his team was up 1 w/ 30 sec left, he got my respect. I'm sure getting me a fantasy win may have helped matters. Divas would have ran it in 100/100 times. That play showed great Football IQ and unselfishness IMO. I would do MJD for Jennings. We could save 5/yr... resign MJD for 6-7m and Jennings will cost 11-13m, that money could go to CMII, ARod, Raji, etc..

Maybe go to Jennings and try to extend him for 5/50m, if he says no trade him for MJD and give MJD a 3/20m
TedThompson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Ever since he laid down at the 1 yd line when his team was up 1 w/ 30 sec left, he got my respect. .....

That was impressive!
And rare.

Still, RB's don't lead anyone to Super Bowls. It's been proven time & time again the past decade+.

We're better-than-fine on offense as-is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: