Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jones-Drew open to trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Jones-Drew open to trade Reply with quote

Maurice Jones-Drew is reportedly now open to being traded.

What would you give for this guy? Also keep in mind he will almost certainly want a fat contract as part of the deal.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. Paying a 27 year old RB for what he did with his former team is not going to help our team in future years.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a 1st. It'd, without question, make this the best offense of all time. No way we would ever trade for him though. TT doesn't have kahunas.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Pass. Paying a 27 year old RB for what he did with his former team is not going to help our team in future years.
I'm sure he would be good in our offense but I'm not sold on him being a great zone back. Pretty fair amount of miles on him too. Wish him and JAX could work out a deal, would be weird to see MJD in a different uniform.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
I'd give a 1st. It'd, without question, make this the best offense of all time. No way we would ever trade for him though. TT doesn't have kahunas.

And plus I'd rather have A-Rod, Jennings, and CMIII on this team now that I think about his contract.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to get paid, we're not really in a position where we can pay him (since we've got a lot of people to extend in the next couple years).

I'll pass on this one. I'd rather keep Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, and Raji together than trade for MJD and lose even one of those guys.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. He's not worth the contract or the cost to trade for him. No RB is worth paying that sort of premium for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is one of my favorite RBs in the league, but I realize it's a pipedream. Unless he values a superb owl ring enough to accept a deal without an extension (not sure what his current contract looks like either) there is no way we would give up much for a rental player who is new to the system and has been holding out (CJ2K). But it is fun to think about.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That would spell danger for our future star's contracts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly not. a 27 yr old back with a ton of miles and wants a HUGE contract. Pass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pass unless they want to throw in their entire offensive line.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Absolutly not. a 27 yr old back with a ton of miles and wants a HUGE contract. Pass.

Absolutely not?

That seems extreme. So you wouldn't give a 5th round pick for him? Not even a 7th? I bet you would. I get that he isn't worth the likely asking price that JAX will want, but to say you want no part of the guy makes him seem like he is a cancer that would mean a step back for GB. The hyperbole that exists on this forum makes it hard to talk about anything sometimes.

I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Absolutely not?

That seems extreme. So you wouldn't give a 5th round pick for him? Not even a 7th? I bet you would. I get that he isn't worth the likely asking price that JAX will want, but to say you want no part of the guy makes him seem like he is a cancer that would mean a step back for GB. The hyperbole that exists on this forum makes it hard to talk about anything sometimes.

It's more about him not playing without an extension than the draft pick compensation (although that is a big factor as well). Giving him a contract would A: Set bad precedence for our players. We're willing to pay other players that performed for other teams, but not our own and B: Eat into our future money for Jennings, Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Finley, etc.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a slight guarantee that MJD will be traded for more than a 5th...Laughing

jfinley88 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

And plus I'd rather have A-Rod, Jennings, and CMIII on this team now that I think about his contract.

This may sound like I'm an [inappropriate/removed], but try to do that right away next time...TT doesn't have kahunas? Really? He got rid of Favre for us when most fans(who were obviously delusional) were still in love with him.

Sig brought to you by Justo
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Absolutely not?

It's more about him not playing without an extension than the draft pick compensation (although that is a big factor as well). Giving him a contract would A: Set bad precedence for our players. We're willing to pay other players that performed for other teams, but not our own and B: Eat into our future money for Jennings, Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Finley, etc.

Who says we would have to resign him? Even as a 2 year (I think he still has 2 on his current deal) rental, he is worth something to our team as he would be a clear upgrade over all the RBs on our roster.

I think it goes without saying that we won't get him, that's not what we're talking about. It's what would he be worth to our team. If he has 2 years left at a reasonable rate, I would give a 3rd and James Jones. If this is his last year, I would give Jones and a 5th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: