Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs Chargers (2-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs Chargers (2-0) Reply with quote

Game 3 (Preseason)

vs
When: 8:00 PM EST August 24th
Where: Mall of America Field (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: KARE (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius 113, XM 225 (Radio), Re-broadcast on NFL Network on 8/25/12 at 3:00 AM ET or 8/29/12 at 1:00 PM ET

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Unknown

Chargers - Unknown

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game should be a good test for the vikes secondary. there arent many QBs who are better than Philip Rivers.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

want to see the progression on defense.

NT
MLB
CB
S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
This game should be a good test for the vikes secondary. there arent many QBs who are better than Philip Rivers.

Isn't SD ridden with injuries at WR tho? Hope they got some guys back so we can see how well our boys are progressing.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Isn't SD ridden with injuries at WR tho? Hope they got some guys back so we can see how well our boys are progressing.

I think they might be, but I think Rivers is still the type of QB who could carve up most defenses with limited weapons.

Last year Gates was banged up, but he had Vincent Jackson. Now with Gates back and Jackson gone, it will be interesting to see how he does, especially without much help from the run game until Mathews gets back.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gates is a hell of a better target in my mind then Jackson ever was.

Lets see how our linebacker corps can (try to) cover him.

Figures, the best test of the secondary we had all preseason and it looks like Cook won't play Laughing
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Gates is a hell of a better target in my mind then Jackson ever was.

Lets see how our linebacker corps can (try to) cover him.

Figures, the best test of the secondary we had all preseason and it looks like Cook won't play Laughing

Agreed, Gates has always been the #1 receiver in SD. Jackson was more of a big play threat than anything, which explains his relatively low reception totals over the years. I am interested in seeing how Robert Meachem does, I was really really high on him as a free agent pickup. Though considering his salary, relative to Simpsons, id gladly take Simpson.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Only Vincent Brown. Their #1 and #2 are healthy. Floyd and Meachem could have big years. Who are your starting CB's and safeties?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Only Vincent Brown. Their #1 and #2 are healthy. Floyd and Meachem could have big years. Who are your starting CB's and safeties?

LCB Chris Cook (wont be playing this week due to concussion; either Chris Carr or Zach Bowman should get the start)
S Mistral Raymond
S Harrison Smith
RCB Josh Robinson
NCB Antoine Winfield

I like this group, i think there is a lot of potential.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Tough break, though. I thought V-Brown looked nothing short of fantastic in limited work. I liked him a lot as a sleeper in the draft. I hear he'll be returning around midseason; hope he doesn't lose much of his step as a result.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a good game . . . then again, the 1st half these two played last year went well for the Vikes too Rolling Eyes

Special Teams-wise, I wonder if Kluwe can still punt? I don't mind Walsh proving he can kick fieldgoals, but I'd rather see him kick more extra points. How about the punt coverage and return units getting some practice too? -- wait a second, I could care less if the Punt coverage team never gets used during the regular season . . . lol.

Defensively, if Cook is out, I hope they start Josh Robinson for the sole sake of giving him that experience at Mall of America field for the 1st time. Later in the year, he may be required to start on the road, so let's get the butterflies outta the way now and see how well he (and the others) does against a passing attack like the Chargers have. I'm also interested to see real pressure applied to Rivers -- the D-line needs to get after the QB a bit more. And finally -- as mentioned, how will the LBs do in covering Gates and the RBs on wheel-routes and screens. Oh, and Brinkley needs to play three full quarters . . . and play well.

Offensively, I want to see Ponder maintain command and control like he had last week, with one addition, come out the 2nd half lead a nice drive for a TD. I suspect Rudolph will be featured in a TE competition "if you can do that, I can do it better" which will be fun to watch. I also want to see how Percy, Burton and Wright light it up against their DBs. Finally, I'd love to see the guys up front demolish the Chargers front 7 -- that should about do it.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be watching Ponder, Kalil, and the defense. Same thing I've looking at all preseason.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to see the starting D dominate like last week.

Want to see Josh Robinson a lot.

Ditto, Harrison Smith.

And a game with no injuries.

Lil Uno with the sig.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I think they might be, but I think Rivers is still the type of QB who could carve up most defenses with limited weapons.

Last year Gates was banged up, but he had Vincent Jackson. Now with Gates back and Jackson gone, it will be interesting to see how he does, especially without much help from the run game until Mathews gets back.

I don't think this will be much of a test for the secondary because Rivers won't be able to get any passes off. Gaither is out, and his replacement has been getting abused. I think our DE's will be wreaking havoc in the backfield all night long.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame for Vincent Brown. Wanted to see him progress.

Is Letroy Guion back? Fred Evans adds nothing to this team, even if he's in the mold of an NT. He doesn't do anything. We need Guion back to get our Dline going on all cylinders.

Other than that, I'll be watching Kalil, Ponder and all of our Linebackers with much care. Still hoping our coaches realize Brinkley is a backup, and we put Henderson in the middle, and maybe start Marvin Mitchell outside.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: