You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs Chargers (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that really plagued this team is second half adjustments. We would do well in the 1st half and then fall apart in the 2nd half. This goes along with motivation. Vikings can start the game but never finish it.
DJC71

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coaches and fans who support Ponder over Webb are on the wrong side of Vikings history. Give Webb the same opportunities Ponder has had and we'll have a starting QB. Give Webb 16 games to prove himself. No? Okay. Still waiting and hoping Ponder can prove his critics wrong. Not happy about it and not holding my breath.

JMHO
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an attempt to keep this about the game, I'll ask what Webb did in this preseason game to suggest that he would be more fit to lead the Vikings. He didn't take any big shots down field, and the offense didn't really get rolling behind him. His accuracy looked better this game, but there still wasn't a lot to be really excited about...

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
In an attempt to keep this about the game, I'll ask what Webb did in this preseason game to suggest that he would be more fit to lead the Vikings. He didn't take any big shots down field, and the offense didn't really get rolling behind him. His accuracy looked better this game, but there still wasn't a lot to be really excited about...

This to me is the big part of this quote.

Could Webb beat Ponder in a "straight up/fair" competition? Probably.

But IMO, the team isnt looking for the QB that will get us 7 wins instead of 5. We are looking for the QB that will be a leader for years. Even if Webb doesnt get a fair shake, he shouldnt need it. If Webb is this next great QB, I dont believe he needs a fair shake. Its unfair for sure, but I do believe Ponder is the more unknown commodity.

EDIT: Also to keep it in game. I really dont think Ponder has played that badly lol. ALOT of WR drops and definitely a bad INT, but yea... lol

Also, as a bold prediction, I can see Rudolph leading all TE's in receptions. He just seems like that guy who will get a bunch of 5-10 yard catches lol (especially with our WRs lol)
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC71 wrote:
The coaches and fans who support Ponder over Webb are on the wrong side of Vikings history. Give Webb the same opportunities Ponder has had and we'll have a starting QB. Give Webb 16 games to prove himself. No? Okay. Still waiting and hoping Ponder can prove his critics wrong. Not happy about it and not holding my breath.

JMHO

You did see the first two games, right? You know, the games where he made Tim Tebow look like a polished passer? People are far toi quick to latch on to the positive and disregard the negatives, even when the latter outweigh the former.
milanb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC71 wrote:

JMHO

Just watching the preseason I get the strange feeling that Frazier and Musgrave are preparing for the likelihood that Webb will replace Ponder at QB by around Week 10.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another thread becomes a discussion of Webb vs Ponder.

time to abandon this one for me, who comes in here to read about the SD game.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I have to agree with VD on this one. As I mentioned on the previous page, let's keep the discussion in this thread to the SD game. If you want to discuss Ponder vs Webb, there is a 30+ page thread for that.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty disappointed with the game. We didn't come to play, I don't think this team is in the position to do that. Confidence has to be low already, we aren't the Packers or Patriots, who can let those pre-season games go, and just turn it on when the real season starts.

-had a whole write-up but it was a bit of a rant, so I decided not to post it. I will say this, when Jenkins dropped that first down, and Harvin let that TD go through his hands, you could feel it was going to be that kind of a night. The confidence of this team is still shaky, especially on offense, where there are no veterans of note. A couple of bad series seems to drain them of confidence, and after that the mental errors start to creep in.

Still slightly hopeful for the Jags game, a bad dress-rehearsal results in a good show, right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
DJC71 wrote:

JMHO

You did see the first two games, right? You know, the games where he made Tim Tebow look like a polished passer? People are far toi quick to latch on to the positive and disregard the negatives, even when the latter outweigh the former.

You hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more. Except in regard to Ponder, not Webb.

Peppers90 on the sig.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
DJC71 wrote:

JMHO

You hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more. Except in regard to Ponder, not Webb.

Do you not read?

vikingsrule wrote:
Let's try and keep this thread to the Charger game and get into a debate about Ponder, there is a thread for that.

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I have to agree with VD on this one. As I mentioned on the previous page, let's keep the discussion in this thread to the SD game. If you want to discuss Ponder vs Webb, there is a 30+ page thread for that.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to throw up a week 4 thread Laughing

Practice reports and news to post!

Webb will start against HOU. A lot of starters will be held out. Fraizer said Todman will get plenty of reps and the 3rd RB spot is still open. Blanton likely to play the entire game at Safety due to him missing so much time and the injuries we have back there.

Guion and Carlson participated in practice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

Webb will start against HOU. A lot of starters will be held out. Fraizer said Todman will get plenty of reps and the 3rd RB spot is still open. Blanton likely to play the entire game at Safety due to him missing so much time and the injuries we have back there.

Nice Sig man!

I haven't read any reports today, but is Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson going to play at all this game, or are we just playing pretty much all backups and rookies (except those 3)?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
DJC71 wrote:

JMHO

I don't believe the latter outweighs the former in Webb or Ponder's case. They're both a bit raw. Give Webb the same opportunities Ponder has had and watch him go. Kinda wish Pete Carrol was our coach right now.
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Nice Sig man!

I haven't read any reports today, but is Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson going to play at all this game, or are we just playing pretty much all backups and rookies (except those 3)?

I know Robinson isn't (concussion). Neither are Raymond and Cook due to precautionary reasons. Fraizer seemed unsure about Harrison and Sanford.

No mention of Kalil and the linemen.

I am betting we are likely to see most of the starters sitting out unless we are thin at a position like we are at Safety.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: