Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks starting rookie Russell Wilson against the Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
I almost feel as if Flynn is getting the raw deal here. Fans proclaim him as boring, and average, it's almost as if nobody wants to give the guy a chance... Seahawk fans are seeing him as HO-HUM. I believe there is a good reason why he has just looked mediocre this preseason.

The first two games give me the distinct feeling that Pete Carroll told Flynn test certain aspects of the offense. It felt like he was working in a ridgid and controlled game plan. The second game gave me that impression, especially. Flynn targeted T.O five times just in the first quarter. Pete Carroll did allude to that he was responsible for that. Moreover the lack of reps in practice affect Flynn more than Wilson.

Flynn is a precision QB that relies on execution, and timing with his receivers to get the job done. His main strength is anticipating when his man will open, and hit him just before the break. In Seattle there seems to be a disconnect with his receivers, especially T.O. Our receivers are not on the same page as Flynn, and in general they look out of sync with each other. This affects FLYNN more than it does Wilson, as Wilson is a QB that plays more of a free-flow type of style.

Either way, the QB competition needs to be sorted out immediately. Carroll needs to stop dicking around and name a starter. Flynn is demonstrating that this competition is hurting our Quarterbacks, or at the very least Flynn. We shall see how Wilson connects with the number ones. I find this very unprofessional of Pete Carroll. Quarterbacks NEED those reps, and that is why you see QB competitions wraped up in a timely manor in training camps. I, for one fully expect Flynn, or Wilson to come out in a crawling start.

In regards to Flynn, it is hard for him to develop that timing when his top targets haven't played much football with him (Sidney Rice/Doug Baldwin/Zach Miller/K2).

I believe that Pete made his decision a while ago. He is just committing to his plan and seeing where the team is at.

And it's more or less pointless to give Matt Flynn the starting reps unless he is throwing to the guys that will make him plays. I'm happy to let him play with the 2nd team.

On which QB will start? I don't buy that Pete wouldn't be giving Wilson a chance to go against the 1's if he already made his mind up that Flynn will start.
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
I almost feel as if Flynn is getting the raw deal here. Fans proclaim him as boring, and average, it's almost as if nobody wants to give the guy a chance... Seahawk fans are seeing him as HO-HUM. I believe there is a good reason why he has just looked mediocre this preseason.

The first two games give me the distinct feeling that Pete Carroll told Flynn test certain aspects of the offense. It felt like he was working in a ridgid and controlled game plan. The second game gave me that impression, especially. Flynn targeted T.O five times just in the first quarter. Pete Carroll did allude to that he was responsible for that. Moreover the lack of reps in practice affect Flynn more than Wilson.

Flynn is a precision QB that relies on execution, and timing with his receivers to get the job done. His main strength is anticipating when his man will open, and hit him just before the break. In Seattle there seems to be a disconnect with his receivers, especially T.O. Our receivers are not on the same page as Flynn, and in general they look out of sync with each other. This affects FLYNN more than it does Wilson, as Wilson is a QB that plays more of a free-flow type of style.

Either way, the QB competition needs to be sorted out immediately. Carroll needs to stop dicking around and name a starter. Flynn is demonstrating that this competition is hurting our Quarterbacks, or at the very least Flynn. We shall see how Wilson connects with the number ones. I find this very unprofessional of Pete Carroll. Quarterbacks NEED those reps, and that is why you see QB competitions wraped up in a timely manor in training camps. I, for one fully expect Flynn, or Wilson to come out in a crawling start.
Very good post, kind of what I was stating earlier in this thread. Totally agree that both Wilson and Flynn could come out slow out of the blocks week one because of the way this whole charade of a 3 man QB competition was handled. The guy that winds up the starter, probably Flynn would and should have been given Jackson's reps at least after week one of camp.
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LftCoastPackFan wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:

Very good post, kind of what I was stating earlier in this thread. Totally agree that both Wilson and Flynn could come out slow out of the blocks week one because of the way this whole charade of a 3 man QB competition was handled. The guy that winds up the starter, probably Flynn would and should have been given Jackson's reps at least after week one of camp.

Are you two Flynn fans? Wilson earned his shot to start a pre-season game even the important 3rd game. How things are developing we have bigger problems with our recievers hurt, TO, and pass rush has not proven much against stingy o-lines.
Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:

Are you two Flynn fans? Wilson earned his shot to start a pre-season game even the important 3rd game. How things are developing we have bigger problems with our recievers hurt, TO, and pass rush has not proven much against stingy o-lines.

First and for most I must say that I am glad we are even having this conversation. The fact that the Hawks are being talked about on a daily bases on ESPN is a good thing. I am hearing more opinions and conversations from non-seahawk fans now more then ever. (As apposed to before when we were semi irrelevant to the mass media)

I love how Pete is not only building a winning football team through the draft but through competition. PC is also building the Seahawk brand. I do believe Pete is a man of his word and is going to chose the best QB on the team to start the season. I'll admit I was a little unsure about the 3rd round selection of Wilson in first place but I am now 100% on board with the “let the best man win” attitude this team has taken on.

I am a big Flynn fan and was/am happy to have him on our team. That being said he failed to impress me in his first two preseason games, but he didn’t disappoint either.(even if BO didn’t drop that EASY TD) Wilson on the other hand has been pretty damn good and has EARNED a shot.(This is preseason folks) If he can play well against a big nasty fast veteran squad like the Chiefs then he has my vote for starter.

Keep dicking around Pete! Build us a team that is a contender year in and year out and is relevant to the rest of the country!
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replay on NFLN right now

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Flynn did not practice to rest his arm, Carroll said, but he is expected to play against the Chiefs.

Confused

Sounds like russell wilson may play more than just the first half

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Matt Flynn did not practice to rest his arm, Carroll said, but he is expected to play against the Chiefs.

Confused

Sounds like russell wilson may play more than just the first half

hrmm........
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
replay on NFLN right now

I like the NFL website pre-season pass. Got to see kolb stink up the place, smith for the 9ers looked the same, and bradford who looks good. This only took about a half hour of my time for week 2.

Might get the package for the reg season because just can't sit and watch football all day for other reasons and looks better on the computer. Only bad thing is can watch live but like the condensed version for replays so I don't have to hear the announcers between plays.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter #Seahawks QB job is "out of (Matt Flynn's) hands" at this pt. Wilson will start if he plays well Friday.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/238323692080336896
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter #Seahawks QB job is "out of (Matt Flynn's) hands" at this pt. Wilson will start if he plays well Friday.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/238323692080336896

i saw that interview, "evansilva" is twisting words. If russell wilson plays well, than there is a distinct possibility he will start. Thats what schefter said. He never spoke anything so set in stone.

wwhickok wrote:

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big Evan Silva fan. I rarely agree with his opinions, and I don't like how he communicates them.

"We all we got, we all we need"
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson gets Rice, and TO will catch EVERYtHING against the Chiefs, too bad for Flynn.
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LftCoastPackFan wrote:
Wilson gets Rice, and TO will catch EVERYtHING against the Chiefs, too bad for Flynn.

T.O. and Flynn 0-5 last week, he will not help Wilson. PC is going to be easy on Rice, not much help either.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:

T.O. and Flynn 0-5 last week, he will not help Wilson. PC is going to be easy on Rice, not much help either.
Osi Umenyiora had 6 sacks in one game, how come he doesn't do that every week?

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:

Osi Umenyiora had 6 sacks in one game, how come he doesn't do that every week?

Aaahhhh for pete sakes? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: