Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks starting rookie Russell Wilson against the Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Seahawks starting rookie Russell Wilson against the Chiefs Reply with quote

Quote:
When Seattle plays at Kansas City on Friday night, its starting quarterback will be rookie Russell Wilson.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/237949516043677697

Quote:
It doesn't make Wilson the starting QB for the season, but you have the imagine that the promotion means that if he plays well, he might be.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/237950837035515904
Tom Brady Tribute
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason he was a third round pick was the history of short QB's, yet he has a much better skillset than those in the past.

I don't like rookie QB's starting, but if it gives us the best opportunity to win, then so be it.

IDOG_det

#JDI
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see him go against ones. Big opportunity here.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope he does awesome, takes the job and never looks back. Talk about another Pete draft steal if it works out like that.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted Matt Flynn as my QB2 in both my leagues, so I'm rooting for Flynn lol
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Wilson's shot right here and now, if he plays good-to-very good, he might take the starting job away from Flynn, and that will leave us with a very weird QB situation, Because if Flynn doesn't beat out Wilson the Hawks will have the highest paid back-up in the leauge Embarassed , with that said, I'm rooting for the kid, he has shown unbelievable poise on the field and just has the leadership qualities that a starting QB needs, I'm not saying Flynn doesn't have these either, but Wilson has just shined since his first day with the Hawks.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, if you start Wilson there really is no going back. Mentally you can go from vet to rookie, but it's difficult to go from rookie to vet barring injury.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Thing is, if you start Wilson there really is no going back. Mentally you can go from vet to rookie, but it's difficult to go from rookie to vet barring injury.
If your veteran is Manning or Hasseback or Warner, true. If your "vet" is a guy who's started 2 games in his career and it's still preseason, I disagree.

Now if Wilson plays lights out, than you may have something.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
This is Wilson's shot right here and now, if he plays good-to-very good, he might take the starting job away from Flynn, and that will leave us with a very weird QB situation, Because if Flynn doesn't beat out Wilson the Hawks will have the highest paid back-up in the leauge Embarassed , with that said, I'm rooting for the kid, he has shown unbelievable poise on the field and just has the leadership qualities that a starting QB needs, I'm not saying Flynn doesn't have these either, but Wilson has just shined since his first day with the Hawks.

But we would probably have one of if not the cheapest starting QB in the league.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally do not want Wilson to start at all this season, but I'll be interested to see how he performs. Hopefully Flynn outshines him.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Personally do not want Wilson to start at all this season, but I'll be interested to see how he performs. Hopefully Flynn outshines him.
I think Wilson will be a better QB than Flynn, but I'm not sure he'd be better to start the season, and I'm also not sure starting Russell right away wouldn't hinder his development.

So I guess that puts me in the Flynn camp for the first half of the year. But I'm not deadset on that, it really depends on how Russell does.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

But we would probably have one of if not the cheapest starting QB in the league.

Give it to PC, he's not messing around. I believe Wilson has some mechanics to work on and showed he has. Right now the staff just wants to see roles reversed IMO. If Flynn does awsome with the 2nd team then the job will be his.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Well i would hope that if Flynn play's in this game that he isn't a dud against backup's.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be honest I was completely against Wilson being drafted when we did. I thought it was a wasted draft pick but he has shown amazing talents and is fun to watch. Dont mind eating crow when a player works out.

I still hope Flynn can show out against KC #2s. Id like Flynn to start considering hes making 7 million a year.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is The Osprey? I want to see his opinions on this Laughing

As for me, I have been rooting for Wilson since day 1. I have wanted him to win the starting position all along and would love to see him have a solid performence this friday and seal the starting job. However, a little part of me has always wanted Flynn to win the position, just so that because we would be wasting a lot of money for a backup. Now, i like Petes philosophy, the best man wins. So if Wilson does better, then I say start Wilson. But I would be happy either way.

Say that Wilson wins the starting job, does very well during the regular season, and is the unquestioned starter next year. Do we trade Flynn and possibly get a 2nd/3rd round pick in the following years draft?

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: