Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Cutdown to 75 - Pick Your 15 to Cut ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Roster Cutdown to 75 - Pick Your 15 to Cut ?? Reply with quote

Choose your first 15 players to cut, whether its 15 you believe they will cut or the 15 you think they should cut.

1. ILB - #49 Ryan Baker
2. DE - #69 Ikponmwosa Igbinosun
3. WR - #19 - Tyler Beller
4. WR - #81 - Paul Cox

5. WR - #87 - Juamorris Stewart
6. WR - #14 Jimmy Young
7. CB - #41 Andre Freeman
8. CB - #37 Terrance Frederick
9. DE - #68 Jake Stoller
10. DT - #66 Mike Blanc
11. S - #47 Myron Rolle
- talents will be better utilized elsewhere
12. OG- #68 Kelvin Beachum - I doubt they cut him yet but his balance is so poor he is OTG (on the ground) at least 60-70% of the plays. One of the worst traits of any position is poor balance. His is horrible. Baby Essex.
13. K- #6 -Shaun Suisham - Its about saving $$ - and this makes soo much sense especially long term. Hrapmann has performed far beyond expectations and finding a kicker of Suishams quality based upon his past average performance wouldnt be difficult should Hrapmann struggle.
14. OG-#66-David DeCastro - INJURED RESERVE
15. One of the Long Snappers - Looks like Katula can save a little bit of cap money, same age as Warren, little more active on Special Teams??

...you have a forum resume?
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Roster Cutdown to 75 - Pick Your 15 to Cut ?? Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Choose your first 15 players to cut, whether its 15 you believe they will cut or the 15 you think they should cut.

1. ILB - #49 Ryan Baker
2. DE - #69 Ikponmwosa Igbinosun
3. WR - #19 - Tyler Beller
4. WR - #81 - Paul Cox

5. WR - #87 - Juamorris Stewart
6. WR - #14 Jimmy Young
7. CB - #41 Andre Freeman
8. CB - #37 Terrance Frederick
9. DE - #68 Jake Stoller
10. DT - #66 Mike Blanc
11. S - #47 Myron Rolle
- talents will be better utilized elsewhere
12. OG- #68 Kelvin Beachum - I doubt they cut him yet but his balance is so poor he is OTG (on the ground) at least 60-70% of the plays. One of the worst traits of any position is poor balance. His is horrible. Baby Essex.
13. K- #6 -Shaun Suisham - Its about saving $$ - and this makes soo much sense especially long term. Hrapmann has performed far beyond expectations and finding a kicker of Suishams quality based upon his past average performance wouldnt be difficult should Hrapmann struggle.
14. OG-#66-David DeCastro - INJURED RESERVE
15. One of the Long Snappers - Looks like Katula can save a little bit of cap money, same age as Warren, little more active on Special Teams??

priceless baby essux, what else needs to be added? The sad part is, he might be another essux on the 53 man roster, just hope neither of them make it.

Hrapmann could be a benefit even if he isn't clutch. His kickoffs are never to be returned unless going into a strong wind. This will make the field longer for the opposition, something sushi had problems with since his kickoffs are usually weak. Field position from special teams can't be under estimated, but is . Sushi was good in the clutch IIRC though, but kickoffs are not what we want.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the benefit of cutting Myron Rolle. We could use all the safety help we could get at this point.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle has shown nothing. Golden is in a serious run for a roster spot. Rolle is not. I do not think they IR DeCastro. They have another week to look at the data on when he will be back. He is out for 8-10 weeks. 2 weeks until the season starts and the early bye week means that he might only miss 5-7 games.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DT Mike Blanc
2. WR Paul Cox
3. CB Andre Freeman
4. LB Brandon Hicks
5. DT Ikponmwosa Igbinosun
6. OT Kyle Jolly
7. LS Matt Katula
8. TE Jamie McCoy
9. WR Juamorris Stewart
10. DE Jake Stoller
11. DT Kade Weston
12. WR Jimmy Young
13. DB Walter McFadden
14. LB Ryan Baker
15. S Myron Rolle

Last edited by at23steelers on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Marshall McFadden has shown enough to keep. I think a string PS candidate.

I would add Derrick Williams to the cut list over M. McFadden

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I think Marshall McFadden has shown enough to keep. I think a string PS candidate.

I would add Derrick Williams to the cut list over M. McFadden

The last 3 were the toughest ones to make. I think Derrick Williams play against the Bills keeps him on for another week. I might replace one of the last 3 with CB Frederick.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
1. DT Mike Blanc
2. WR Paul Cox
3. CB Andre Freeman
4. LB Brandon Hicks
5. DT Ikponmwosa Igbinosun
6. OT Kyle Jolly
7. LS Matt Katula
8. TE Jamie McCoy
9. WR Juamorris Stewart
10. DE Jake Stoller
11. DT Kade Weston
12. WR Jimmy Young
13. DB Walter McFadden
14. LB Marshall McFadden
15. Im guessing a safety: Rolle or Will Allen who has not played well at all

Brandon Hicks has played very well all pre season
I would've had Kyle Jolly on my list in a heart beat but he played well vs Buffalo.
Jamie McCoy has actually blocked pretty well, I didnt break down this game like normal but his play has warranted a pass on this round and PS consideration.
I agree with Jebrick on Marshall McFadden at least to make this round, Ryan Baker has shown nothing.

Myron Rolle has done nothing more than average or less than, they'd be doing him a favor by giving him a nudge out. His life isn't about playing practice squad or arena league football. He'll have some nice stories to tell someday at seminars and in speeches. Golden has definitely out shined him. I'd consider cutting Allen too. Truthfully he and Mundy play much of the same game. Crom Smith is a better athlete than Rolle.

I figure they might wait on DeCastro as well, if thats the case add Will Allen to my list or Kyle Jolly.

Derek Williams special teams coverage efforts are keeping him on my 75 man roster for now along with his effort in Buffalo.

Kade Weston has been ok , but there is a log jam for his type on that Dline on the roster. I've actually had a decent grade for Stoller and Blanc but they have little chance vs the the guys above them.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JPN: Good catch on Baker! For lineman it was between Malecki and Jolly. It was a toss-up and both would've been on list but they both played better in Buffalo. For TE's it was between Peelle and McCoy. The other one I was struggling with was Walter McFadden or Frederick.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@JPN: Good catch on Baker! For lineman it was between Malecki and Jolly. It was a toss-up and both would've been on list but they both played better in Buffalo. For TE's it was between Peelle and McCoy. The other one I was struggling with was Walter McFadden or Frederick.

McFadden while not great has shown more than Frederick. Frederick had one decent play vs Buffalo but other than that has not shown much.

Malecki has been much improved since the Eagles game. The injury to DeCastro makes every one of the Olineman more valuable at this point to at least keep around for more evaluation. Ive always liked Malecki for his efforts at Pitt. He is a tough kid, and probably someday will make a good story somehow, somewhere.

Both Peele and McCoy have done pretty good with blocking and effort. Depends on how they make their cuts. If they ask each position to give them a name as to who's at the bottom perhaps one of those guys gets cut. If it was based on performance and effort alone Id have to consider Saunders as a disappointment this preseason. His 4 game suspension doesn't help. His football character concerns me.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Labriola:

Cuts: CB Walter McFadden, TE Justin Peelle, TE Jamie McCoy, S Myron Rolle, WR Juamorris Stewart, DT Kade Weston, WR Jimmy Young, LB Ryan Baker, DT Mike Blanc, WR Paul Cox, CB Andre Freeman, K Dan Hrapmann, LB Mortty Ivy, T Kyle Jolly, LS Matt Katula

Wow, most shocking is Hrapmann not getting another chance. Well, I got 3 wrong. DT Ikponmwosa Igbinosun, DE Jake Stoller, and Brandon Hicks made it over the 3 safe on my list: TE Peele, Mortty Ivy, and K Dan Hrapmann.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Bob Labriola:

Cuts: CB Walter McFadden, TE Justin Peelle, TE Jamie McCoy, S Myron Rolle, WR Juamorris Stewart, DT Kade Weston, WR Jimmy Young, LB Ryan Baker, DT Mike Blanc, WR Paul Cox, CB Andre Freeman, K Dan Hrapmann, LB Mortty Ivy, T Kyle Jolly, LS Matt Katula

Wow, most shocking is Hrapmann not getting another chance. Well, I got 3 wrong. DT Ikponmwosa Igbinosun, DE Jake Stoller, and Brandon Hicks made it over the 3 safe on my list: TE Peele, Mortty Ivy, and K Dan Hrapmann.

Hrapmann is very surprising to me, I really thought it was a good money play.

Mortty Ivy has been ok, but Robinson & Hicks have shown more. I also think he tweeked his hamstring vs Buffalo.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Bob Labriola:

Mortty Ivy has been ok, but Robinson & Hicks have shown more. I also think he tweeked his hamstring vs Buffalo.

Yep, saw if Mortty Ivy clears waivers, he's going on IR. Im fine with all of them really who were cut other than our rookie kicker. He showed good distance on his kicks.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE Hood, Heyward, Keisel, Bryant, Woods, Stoller, Igbinosun
NT McClendon, Taamu, Hampton
OLB Harrison, Woodley, Carter, Robinson, Worilds, Hicks
ILB Foote, Timmons, Spence, B.Johnson, McFadden, Sylvestor
CB Taylor, Allen, Lewis, Brown, Victorian, Freeman, Frederick
S Polamalu, Clark, Mundy, Golden, Crom Smith, Allen

QB Ben, Leftwhich, Batch, J.Johnson
RB Redman, Dwyer, Mendy, Batch, Rainey, Ford
FB W. Johnson
TE Miller, Pope, Paulson, Saunders
WR Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Gilbreath, D.Williams, Clemons, Maze, Beller
OT Starks, Adams, Gilbert, Essex
OG Colon, Foster, C.Scott, Lee, Beachum, DeCastro
OC Pouncey, Legursky, Malecki

K Suisham
P Kapinos, Butler
LS Warren

gatek99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Bob Labriola:

It was also a good football move, this kid has potential. Hopefully we keep him on the PS so he can be working with our ST unit in case he gets the call and maybe we can lock him up next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: