Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PreSeason Week 3 GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: PreSeason Week 3 GDT Reply with quote

Pre Season Week 2
VS.

When? Saturday 25 August 2012-7pm EDT
Where? Ralph Wilson Stadium

Last week at a glance:
Pittsburgh
Defeated Indianapolis and #1 overall pick Andrew Luck 26-24. Highlights from the Stillers came from Antonio Brown scapering 57 yards for a TD hauled in from Big Ben but even much more suprisingly a pick six by Ike Taylor.
Game Center Steelers vs. Colts

Buffalo
Minnesota lead the Bills throughout. Ryan Fitzpatrick went 8 of 11 for 58 yards and a 31 yard TD strike to Donald Jones. VY had an impressive outing in his competition for the no. 2 QB with Tyler Thigpen.
Game Center Bills vs. Vikings

What to watch for:
-Typically the third pre season game is when teams play their starters into the second half, sometimes even a full three quarters. It will be interesting to see how the offensive line holds up against a formidable front four that includes Super Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Darius and Mark Anderson.

-With most of the starters playing; it is reasonably acceptable to think that the players you see in the first three quarters have a roster spot secured with the exception of RB in the case of the Steelers. The Steelers offensive backfield has been decimated by injuries dating back to the 2011 season finale when Mendenhall tore his ACL. Issac Redmon's injury (or last I've heard) is still up in the air and John Clay tore his ACL in practice a few weeks ago. That leaves Baron Batch, Jonathon Dwyer and Chris Rainey as the likely backs heading into the season depending on how Redmon's situation developes.

Short, sweet, to the point, unlike the preseason...

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck, hoping for an injury free game for both teams!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we will see much more effort to work on our passing game. The concern is that we seem to struggle more with 4-3 fronts off the ends. Some of our issues at tackle have been misunderstanding responsibilities or missing assignments.

Heath Miller has not caught a pass and it was presumed that the Tight End would be more of a factor in Haley's offense. Truthfully, from what I've seen from Heath, I have an awfully hard time justifying his salary and overall cap hit as it currently stands, especially as it compares to other values in the league at his position vs his actual production and ability (I'm not just talking "stats")

...you have a forum resume?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Good Luck, hoping for an injury free game for both teams!!

Absolutely.

Once again, It will be interesting to see how the Olines and Dline's match up. Pittsburgh is still trying to get things to gel together.

Other than that, It'd be nice to see Mike Wallace return.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin said that behind ben they dont know who they will there. do you think maybe johnson could be that guy that runs with the 2-strings?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to evaluate the young rbs, OL, OLb's and cbs again.

I'm really looking for Rainey or Batch to separate himself from the other this week.

Same with Carter and Robinson. They are both looking solid from what I've seen, I like carter more but it's nt a definite one is better than the other right now.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dcash4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I'm really looking for Rainey or Batch to separate himself from the other this week.

Same with Carter and Robinson. They are both looking solid from what I've seen, I like carter more but it's nt a definite one is better than the other right now.

Im not trying to call you out specifcally or anything turtle, but i wish people would stop comparing these two to each other. They are completely different. I dont believe they are battling each other at all. As much as they are trying to fit Rainey in, i have to feel that unless he really falls off these next few weeks that he is a lock to make the roster. I think Batch makes it as well, but i get more of a feeling that he is the odd man out if they choose not to keep 5rbs with as well as Dwyer has looked.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Im not trying to call you out specifcally or anything turtle, but i wish people would stop comparing these two to each other. They are completely different. I dont believe they are battling each other at all. As much as they are trying to fit Rainey in, i have to feel that unless he really falls off these next few weeks that he is a lock to make the roster. I think Batch makes it as well, but i get more of a feeling that he is the odd man out if they choose not to keep 5rbs with as well as Dwyer has looked.

Agree with you on this one Dook.

I don't think you quite judge Rainey as a running back or group him with them necessarily. Perhaps if you NEED a category, running back would be it, but his versatility makes him a wildcard specialty player.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Mark Anderson and Mario Williams be playing this game?

From what I remember, they didn't play against Minnesot last week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Agree with you on this one Dook.

I take this as an insult, sir. Wink
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most eyes will be concentrated on the OT play, primarily the left side but...

Perhaps the most interesting matchup this week will be Marcel Dareus & Kyle Williams vs Willie Colon & David DeCastro. Kind of like a heavyweight title bout. I'm looking for some really good battles. Don't be disappointed if we lose a few but look to see how well they fight and compete.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used our first two games to expiriment the no huddle and two back sets. Will be interesting seeing an actual game plan this week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Will Mark Anderson and Mario Williams be playing this game?

From what I remember, they didn't play against Minnesot last week.
They played. Anderson actually had ponder wrapped up but let go and kyle williams got the sack. Mario is just going through the motions at this point. But it seems like he can get into the backfield at will.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I know they aren't the same, but we are talking about the roster spot here. 1 roster spot might be all that's available between the two of them. Since that is the case, I'd have to lean towards Rainey because of special teams and he is a mcluster/Harvin type player. I think we're on the same page. I want comparing the two rbs though, I was talking about the roster spot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8297349

I didn't see this posted anywhere but it seems Starks and Redman are looking good and will play.

Quote:
Starks' surgically repaired knee and Redman's balky hip came through three days of practice just fine, and now both players are anxious to get into a game.

Left tackle Starks and running back Redman both expect to see significant action when the Steelers play at Buffalo in an exhibition game Saturday.
Cool Sweet! Seems like everything is coming together guys. Let's hope they look good tonight.

Players out vs Buffalo:

1. Mendenhall practiced on a limited basis this week but wont make tthe trip

2. James Harrison (PUP-Knee)

3. Jason Worilds (PUP-Wrist)

3. Ilb, Stevenson Sylvester

4. RB, Jason Ford

5. Hampton is still recovering from a torn ACL but is now also bothered by a left elbow injury

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: