Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Available RB's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TedThompson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Available RB's Reply with quote

We know we just signed The Entertainer.
But still tonight all we have are 3 guys dressing: Cooper, Tyler, Alex Green, and who knows how long they'll last.

Thinking ahead, in case the rash of RB injuries continue, who else (might) be out there?

Obviously Ryan Grant is.
Who else?

Is Joseph Addai available?

Jerious Norwood?
Cadillac Williams?

Anyone else? There had to be some decent RB prospects go undrafted this year as there always are.

San Fran might have to cut a decent one I believe.... anyone have any other names to throw out there?
Carolina usually has a bunch of good RBs. Where's Tyrell Sutton nowadays?
What about Brandon Jackson in Cleveland? Will we see him tonight? Will he make their team?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addai quit on his physical with New England, so I doubt that sort of attitude will work in Green Bay. His skill set wouldn't be bad for us, but he isn't where he needs to be.

As for Norwood and Williams, they looked on their last legs last year. I don't see the point in bringing in any of them when we haven't seen what Saine's got and Green is a few plays returned from knee reconstruction. Give it time. It's the second week of the preseason.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahman Green. Tiki Barber. Does Emmitt Smith still want to play? Terrell Davis? Robert Smith? I would really like us to find a way to get Duece McAllister in Titletown, I'd take any of those guys.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a decent chance the Eagles will cut Chris Polk, simply due to numbers. He's been a decent runner (has shown some power but not a ton of speed) and a surprisingly good pass blocker, plus he's been in a WCO with the Eagles. UDFA, but he had a good college career and only went undrafted due to injury concerns which seem very minor now.
Dogfeet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are murmurs that NO may cut Chris Ivory. I think they would be crazy to, but they are deep at rb.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how Benson performs before we shop for another RB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ahman Green. Tiki Barber. Does Emmitt Smith still want to play? Terrell Davis? Robert Smith? I would really like us to find a way to get Duece McAllister in Titletown, I'd take any of those guys.

You forgot Travis Henry
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
There's a decent chance the Eagles will cut Chris Polk, simply due to numbers. He's been a decent runner (has shown some power but not a ton of speed) and a surprisingly good pass blocker, plus he's been in a WCO with the Eagles. UDFA, but he had a good college career and only went undrafted due to injury concerns which seem very minor now.

I'm the biggest Chris Polk homer on this form and would absolutely LOVE HIM in Green Bay. He became much more of an accomplished receiver in his 2011 season at UW and runs with violence and anger on every carry.

Another guy I'd like to see in green and gold is Danny Woodhead. The Patriots just signed Jeff Demps and I can definitely see him making the roster. The Pats draft Shane Vereen (56th overall) and Stevan Ridley (73rd overall) in the 2011 NFL Draft. If they decide that Woodhead is expendable and TT is still worried about the RB position I could see a deal being made. Green Bay and New England have traded with one another quite a bit over the past few years.

Or, wait until he's (possibly) cut and try to land him.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:

I'm the biggest Chris Polk homer on this form and would absolutely LOVE HIM in Green Bay. He became much more of an accomplished receiver in his 2011 season at UW and runs with violence and anger on every carry.

Another guy I'd like to see in green and gold is Danny Woodhead. The Patriots just signed Jeff Demps and I can definitely see him making the roster. The Pats draft Shane Vereen (56th overall) and Stevan Ridley (73rd overall) in the 2011 NFL Draft. If they decide that Woodhead is expendable and TT is still worried about the RB position I could see a deal being made. Green Bay and New England have traded with one another quite a bit over the past few years.

Or, wait until he's (possibly) cut and try to land him.

I am sure Woodhead would be picked up on waivers long before he got to GB's chance at him. I do think the Packers will keep their options open at RB and QB.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's not available, but i wanted him in teh draft and he's looking pretty good now: Bernard Pierce...
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
he's not available, but i wanted him in teh draft and he's looking pretty good now: Bernard Pierce...

You were not alone, Cog. Every year there is a back that just feels right in Green Bay for me and Pierce was that guy this year. Boys and Pats got my guys the year before. Only Packers hand picked RB I feel I have missed on of late was Glen Coffee. Still can't believe that kid walk away from the game like he did.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
You were not alone, Cog. Every year there is a back that just feels right in Green Bay for me and Pierce was that guy this year. Boys and Pats got my guys the year before. Only Packers hand picked RB I feel I have missed on of late was Glen Coffee. Still can't believe that kid walk away from the game like he did.

That being said, I have a hard time arguing with the players Ted takes over the "perfect fit" RB most years, just due to the depressed value of the position in the modern NFL and particularly in this offense. For example, I think Hayward stands to be a lot more valuable to this team than Pierce would be. Likewise Cobb and Ridley.

It's just one of those things where the board doesn't fall right.
TedThompson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love, for once, one of those rare guys who (while not the pounder who can get a yard on 4th & inches), has that electric speed who occasionally can pop thru the crack and fly to the end zone.

Spread the defense out with our fantastic passing game, and then boom there goes Robert Smith, CJ2K, Jamaal Charles, etc.... to the house.

Where's Napolean Kaufman?
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

That being said, I have a hard time arguing with the players Ted takes over the "perfect fit" RB most years, just due to the depressed value of the position in the modern NFL and particularly in this offense. For example, I think Hayward stands to be a lot more valuable to this team than Pierce would be. Likewise Cobb and Ridley.

It's just one of those things where the board doesn't fall right.

Well said! Could not agree more! At some point you would think all the stars will fall in line though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Niners RB depth took a significant hit tonight, from what I read.

Anyone see them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: