Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Cedric Benson signs with Green Bay
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cedric Benson signs with Green Bay Reply with quote

@mortreport wrote:
Cedric Benson is in Green Bay, expected to sign with #Packers, per sources

Laughing

I guess he saw what we all saw.

Edit:

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/08/12/12/Exclusive-Green-confirms-Benson-signing/landing_packers.html?blockID=774643&feedID=5059

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Last edited by I Am Rodgers on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, I like. Although not sure what more he brings to the table compared to Tyler other than experience.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
If true, I like. Although not sure what more he brings to the table compared to Tyler other than experience.

He's faster than Tyler. And don't discredit the experience. Finding and hitting holes is a good part experience.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have some sort of proven player there. Starks hasn't improved since the playoff game in Philly, hell he hasn't even been the same since then. Green is a great 3rd down and change of pace back. Saine could be something if it clicks, but its not worth risking, Benson has something left in the tank I think. Now its time to looks at some safeties, love the potential of Jennings and the kid from Maine who's name suddenly escapes me, but as we saw with roman and Manuel, if your last line of defense doesn't get it, the whole defense suffers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
Rich mans Tyler. Faster and more explosive, less than ideal scheme fit, but will get whats blocked for him. It most be a money thing with Grant, other wise I am not sure why TT goes Benson>Grant. Maybe I am missing something? Pass Pro?

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God. That's amazing.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap, we have a rb. Thank heavens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know what happened with Grant because i would have much rather had him back in GB. Has to be a money thing.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seriously starting to think we should offer up a 2nd for Jonathon Stewart, this is much more cost effective and if he can stay out of trouble should at least be enough to compliment our pass heavy attack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
I want to know what happened with Grant because i would have much rather had him back in GB. Has to be a money thing.

Aaron Nagler wrote:
I'm starting to think the Packers haven't forgotten how Grant & Herman took advantage of the Favre situation back in '08...

Makes sense.

stallyns wrote:
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real issue with this one pending dollars. Money needs to work though because that's anything but a styles match in Mac's fit. Needs the reps for the style to truly excel. Will be nice to have a guy that can close out games. Will be nice to have a better short/goal option than Kuhn also.

Have watched a bunch of Benson over the past few years though. Much better player than the one the Bears cut. By all accounts a much better man also. Might have a year or two left in those legs. Hell, Mac's system might help him in that regard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TT may have handed over control of the franchise to a local fan or something. Just kidding, but this has been one weird year for the Packers when it comes to free agent pickups. TT must feel he needs to act while the Packers are in that Super Bowl window.

I think the Packers picked Benson over Grant was because they think he's a better inside runner. Benson is also a massive upgrade over Starks and Green as a pass blocker. Huge deal in this offense.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
No real issue with this one pending dollars. Money needs to work though because that's anything but a styles match in Mac's fit. Needs the reps for the style to truly excel. Will be nice to have a guy that can close out games. Will be nice to have a better short/goal option than Kuhn also.

Have watched a bunch of Benson over the past few years though. Much better player than the one the Bears cut. By all accounts a much better man also. Might have a year or two left in those legs. Hell, Mac's system might help him in that regard.

one of the reason's he struggled the first few years in the league is because he had celiac's disease that went undiagnosed. when he found out and went on the required gluten free diet, he seemed to be a much better player.

and yes he's grown up too.

El Ramster on the amazing work
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

one of the reason's he struggled the first few years in the league is because he had celiac's disease that went undiagnosed. when he found out and went on the required gluten free diet, he seemed to be a much better player.

and yes he's grown up too.

I'm well aware of all that goes into Benson there guy! Many of the health issues he also had in college though. Truly feel he just needed to learn how to be a pro and by all accounts has done so. Dead issue for me at this point. There are off the field reasons why Benson NEEDS a check. Think we will see his best. Just don't love the fit, that's all.

Then again, looks as if Grant was looking for unreasonable numbers. Like Grant a good bit more in the fit but like Wells that's not a style I would shell crazy bank to either. TT was not in the wrong here IMO. just hope it works out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone see this playing out as starks as the 3rd down back? He's been getting the reps there despite everyone (myself included) assuming it was Green's job to lose.

The closer RB and a real goaline option is pretty appealing when you look at benson in a bottle. Short yardage has been a consistent failure point for this team back to the time when we were dipping into the Donald Driver reverse to pick up a 4th and 1. Very tired of Kuhn getting the first crack and failing and I'm excited to see Kuhn blocking on a goaline play for once.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: