Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rashad Jennings: His role going forward with or without MJD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83785
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.

You are such a troll.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46349
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.


You do realize that you could say the exact same about MJD, right?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
High Octane


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 428
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I opened up a little can of worms there Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Octane wrote:
Guess I opened up a little can of worms there Laughing

nah DJ has been a troller for awhile now. Jus likes to start arguments.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
Guess I opened up a little can of worms there Laughing

nah DJ has been a troller for awhile now. Jus likes to start arguments.


No, I honestly don't understand where everyone's disdain for MJD came from. And if I say one comment about how thinking that MJD is being missed or that Rashad isn't as good, I get "But MJD isn't all IN". Somehow in the past 2-3 months, MJD went from being the best rusher in the league into let's trade him for a 3rd round pick. And I don't get it...I didn't hear one person in this forum or anywhere for that matter ANYWHERE say anything bad about MJD for the past 6 seasons he's been in the NFL....and once he held out for more money and Rashad had 12 carries in a preseason game people started posting "MJD Who?" I can't help it that I have a different point of view of the situation. I'm the one getting berated for my view by multiple people...definitely not the troll in this forum.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.

You are such a troll.


I asked a question. Your comment adds nothing to the debate. You are the troll.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.


You do realize that you could say the exact same about MJD, right?


Actually I don't. Last game I saw MJD run for 169y not being injured for a full season...in 2009 I saw him rush over 300 times for 1300y...the next season I saw him rush 299 times for 1300y...and last year I saw him rush 340 times for 1600y...at what point can you say "1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year".
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
iPwn wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.


You do realize that you could say the exact same about MJD, right?


Actually I don't. Last game I saw MJD run for 169y not being injured for a full season...in 2009 I saw him rush over 300 times for 1300y...the next season I saw him rush 299 times for 1300y...and last year I saw him rush 340 times for 1600y...at what point can you say "1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year".
Not too many years ago we were asking the same thing about mojo and before that Freddy T there's just no way to tell right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46349
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Actually I don't. Last game I saw MJD run for 169y not being injured for a full season...in 2009 I saw him rush over 300 times for 1300y...the next season I saw him rush 299 times for 1300y...and last year I saw him rush 340 times for 1600y...at what point can you say "1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year".
I'm sure you would have said the same thing about AP before last year, right?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
Actually I don't. Last game I saw MJD run for 169y not being injured for a full season...in 2009 I saw him rush over 300 times for 1300y...the next season I saw him rush 299 times for 1300y...and last year I saw him rush 340 times for 1600y...at what point can you say "1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year".
I'm sure you would have said the same thing about AP before last year, right?


No, because he has produced before (unlike Rashad) and missed 4 games last year. AP fell 30y short of a 1000. You can't predict injuries....but apparently you can predict that someone will rush for 1k who's never rushed for 500y in a single season over the 4 seasons he's been in the NFL.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46349
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
No, because he has produced before (unlike Rashad) and missed 4 games last year. AP fell 30y short of a 1000. You can't predict injuries....but apparently you can predict that someone will rush for 1k who's never rushed for 500y in a single season over the 4 seasons he's been in the NFL.
You didn't understand my question. So I'll just answer it for you. Prior to last season, every single thing you said about Jones Drew could have been said about Peterson. He produced over 1,000 more often than MJD. Yet somehow he got injured and didn't rush for 1,000. I guess at no point could you claim that injuries won't stop a player from producing.

So let me ask a new question, were you this combative with people when they said Jones Drew could be elite when we cut Freddy T? Did you think that Jones Drew wouldn't be able to carry the load and ridicule people for being okay with letting Taylor go?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83785
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
I really wonder how Jennings can do for a full season. Anyone think he has a 1000 yard season in him?


1000 yards rushing might be tough just bc you dont know about his health a whole year, but 1000 rush/rec is pretty easy for him imo


What happened to "MJD Who?" Rolling Eyes

You guys amaze me.


Where did I do that? I have tempered expectations about Jennings far more than most Dj
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3580
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
High Octane wrote:
Guess I opened up a little can of worms there Laughing

nah DJ has been a troller for awhile now. Jus likes to start arguments.


No, I honestly don't understand where everyone's disdain for MJD came from. And if I say one comment about how thinking that MJD is being missed or that Rashad isn't as good, I get "But MJD isn't all IN". Somehow in the past 2-3 months, MJD went from being the best rusher in the league into let's trade him for a 3rd round pick. And I don't get it...I didn't hear one person in this forum or anywhere for that matter ANYWHERE say anything bad about MJD for the past 6 seasons he's been in the NFL....and once he held out for more money and Rashad had 12 carries in a preseason game people started posting "MJD Who?" I can't help it that I have a different point of view of the situation. I'm the one getting berated for my view by multiple people...definitely not the troll in this forum.


Really though, there was plenty of discussion about MJD being on a downhill trajectory, all of the 'hard yards', 'tread left on the tires', reducing his carries, where he fit with this team and the rebuilding process for the future, etc., well before MJD decided to hold out with 2 years remaining on his deal. Certainly it seems to have ramped up in light of recent developments, but it's not as though these questionmarks are new and this general sentiment wasn't at least hanging around in the background before.

I do think some of the 'MJD who?' attitude is pretty over the top, and the hype for Jennings may have grown a bit beyond what is entirely reasonable. But there are legitimate issues with the MJD situation beyond the simple 'betrayal' aspect of his holdout. They're issues that should really be looked at and discussed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group