Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew open to be traded
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew open to be traded Reply with quote

Quote:
Per @AdamSchefter: #Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew is open to been traded and is prepared to holdout into the regular season.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/238037601548914689

***Update***
Quote:
#Jaguars announce that RB Rashad Jennings will open the 2012 season as the starting RB. Even if Maurice Jones-Drew shows up at some point...

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/240144113838739457
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.
We keep Jennings and Owens and get several picks to move forward.

#JDI
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it Happen KHAN. #CYADREW

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Awesome.

Probably the smartest move for the future, and Jennings looks good enough to make it work...but in the meantime, for this year, i just don't think Owens is enough to bolster what Jennings can do. And there aren't a whole lot of options for finding ourselves a solid #2RB at this point in the year.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I force him into a carson palmer situation play or retire don't even entertain his trade talk period unless someone offers you a dumb raider trade.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Awesome.

Probably the smartest move for the future, and Jennings looks good enough to make it work...but in the meantime, for this year, i just don't think Owens is enough to bolster what Jennings can do. And there aren't a whole lot of options for finding ourselves a solid #2RB at this point in the year.

Owens is a quality back up, Hes looked very goood thus fat in the preseason, hard runner, quick, aint afraid to lower his level. He had carries with are first team and looked good. Which helped make me feel better about ditchin MJD a. Knowing Jennings an Owens both can carry the rock.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
I force him into a carson palmer situation play or retire don't even entertain his trade talk period unless someone offers you a dumb raider trade.

I agree 100% bro

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News: He's "All In"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjn2OvgBfl0&list=UUTZDs8QmNOze0Qs7W18P_cw&index=1&feature=plcp

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is his value though? Cant be that high if he wants a big deal and given his age and wear on the tires

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Awesome.

Owens is a quality back up, Hes looked very goood thus fat in the preseason, hard runner, quick, aint afraid to lower his level. He had carries with are first team and looked good. Which helped make me feel better about ditchin MJD a. Knowing Jennings an Owens both can carry the rock.

I just don't really see it. Owens is a good guy to have around as depth and the odd carry, injury insurance, etc. But Jennings isn't the sort of back who can just eat up the vast bulk of the carries like MJD has, where the #2 maybe doesn't matter as much. Even though it looks like we're going away from the power run game, i'm still expecting a very balanced attack. We're not going to sling it around all game long.

MJD as an every down back is one of few in that elite category of backs who can handle a workload like that and thrive. Obviously, the concern is that he won't be able to maintain that (and i'm inclined to agree), but if he's moved, we still need the carries from somewhere. You look at other teams who still run the ball a fair bit, and for the most part, you'll see either an elite back, or a pair of very good backs (in the same sort of calibre as Jennings). There's a reason that tandem setup is so popular these days. And really, there's no reason to run Jennings into the ground this year (which is what i worry would end up happening with Owens as the #2).

I guess maybe i'm just not as high on Owens as some here. To me, he's looked 'adequate' in the preseason thus far. Not great, just...good enough. And it's still the preseason. If Jennings is going to be 'the guy', i want something better than 'hopefully adequate' to spell him.
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wont be a huge trade market for him and the jags FO isnt going to trade him
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Awesome.

I just don't really see it. Owens is a good guy to have around as depth and the odd carry, injury insurance, etc. But Jennings isn't the sort of back who can just eat up the vast bulk of the carries like MJD has, where the #2 maybe doesn't matter as much. Even though it looks like we're going away from the power run game, i'm still expecting a very balanced attack. We're not going to sling it around all game long.

MJD as an every down back is one of few in that elite category of backs who can handle a workload like that and thrive. Obviously, the concern is that he won't be able to maintain that (and i'm inclined to agree), but if he's moved, we still need the carries from somewhere. You look at other teams who still run the ball a fair bit, and for the most part, you'll see either an elite back, or a pair of very good backs (in the same sort of calibre as Jennings). There's a reason that tandem setup is so popular these days. And really, there's no reason to run Jennings into the ground this year (which is what i worry would end up happening with Owens as the #2).

I guess maybe i'm just not as high on Owens as some here. To me, he's looked 'adequate' in the preseason thus far. Not great, just...good enough. And it's still the preseason. If Jennings is going to be 'the guy', i want something better than 'hopefully adequate' to spell him.

Well regardless if MJD plays this yr or not, his workload will.be decreased with Jennings around and a so far improved Passing Game.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Awesome.

Well regardless if MJD plays this yr or not, his workload will.be decreased with Jennings around and a so far improved Passing Game.

Well if MJD doesn't play this year...that certainly would decrease his workload. Laughing

But all kidding aside, that's basically the point. Even split roughly down the middle between Jennings/MJD...i think we still need pretty significant carries out of the #2 back, either way, MJD or no.

Hypothetically, even if it was MJD + Owens combo we were talking about for this year, i still wouldn't be that stoked about Owens as the #2 back.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone wonder how trading him would affect our ticket sales? He is the most exciting guy on our team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
anyone wonder how trading him would affect our ticket sales? He is the most exciting guy on our team

It wont when we get Darrelle Revis.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: