Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tannehill to start week 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Tannehill to start week 1 Reply with quote

Tannehill was named starter of the dolphins week 1 against us

interesting, i love tannehill because hes an aggie, but this couldnt have been greater news for us

the dolphins o-line looked horrible the other night

with the dolphins in a rebuilding mode i would say we might win this one 30-9 or something like that

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
34 catches 419 yards 1 TD
will742

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said, this is good news for us. I'm a fan of Tannenhill but i'm sure he'll be overwhelmed by our defense.

In addition to that, we still haven't lost to the Dolphins in franchise history, have we?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a little bit too early for him to start but with Garrard hurt and Moore not impressing, they have no choice.

The Bulls on Parade will get him a nice NFL welcome week 1. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw him play against OSU, Arkansas, and us. He can do some nice things but he's still pretty raw as a QB. He would always make a critical mistake at the absolute worst time. I expect us to open up this season a lot like last season against the Colts. Get to him early and often and it'll set the tone for the game.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you start getting all cocky, Texans Nation, remember what a rookie QB (Sanchez) and rookie HC (Ryan) did to us in Week 1 in 2009. Chansi Stuckey, Jerricho Cotchery, and Thomas Jones looked like hall of famers and Chris Myers still awakes to cold sweats thinking about the Kris Jenkins man toss. Hopefully Kubiak doesn't have any last minute opening week trips scheduled to Fort Collins to tuck the boys in this time around instead of actually preparing for the game.

PS - Keep your eyes out for my neighbors babysitter, Lauren Tannehill, in the stands. Hike.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Before you start getting all cocky, Texans Nation, remember what a rookie QB (Sanchez) and rookie HC (Ryan) did to us in Week 1 in 2009. Chansi Stuckey, Jerricho Cotchery, and Thomas Jones looked like hall of famers and Chris Myers still awakes to cold sweats thinking about the Kris Jenkins man toss. Hopefully Kubiak doesn't have any last minute opening week trips scheduled to Fort Collins to tuck the boys in this time around instead of actually preparing for the game.

PS - Keep your eyes out for my neighbors babysitter, Lauren Tannehill, in the stands. Hike.

The Jets were a much better football team back then than the Dolphins are right now. Jets were coming off a 9-7 season and went to the playoffs as a 9 win team under Sanchez. This Dolphins team is coming off a 6-10 season. Not to mention they have never beaten us in their history. I'll be shocked if we lose against the Dolphins week 1.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

The Jets were a much better football team back then than the Dolphins are right now. Jets were coming off a 9-7 season and went to the playoffs as a 9 win team under Sanchez. This Dolphins team is coming off a 6-10 season. Not to mention they have never beaten us in their history. I'll be shocked if we lose against the Dolphins week 1.

I agree with Apollo. Do y'all not remember how Miami ran it down our throats last season and with a rookie RB. Also after the holes we were leaving last week with Cody out, I woukdbt put a notch in the win column just yet.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about the words Apollo posted, did you see his PICTURE??

Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

:shock:

I didn't even see the post, I got lost in the picture!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Shocked

I didn't even see the post, I got lost in the picture!

I was actually responding on my phone and couldnt see the pic, but now that im on my computer........ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Apollo said, let's not underestimate what a rookie QB can do against us.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
As Apollo said, let's not underestimate what a rookie QB can do against us.

Apollo said something? I never saw him write anything. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think Tannehill get's blitzed early and often as a baptism by fire.
jargin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't have mattered if Moore, Garrard or the rookie started. The Dolphins just aren't as good as the Texans. I don't care if Tannehill has a hot wife or an ugly wife. The Texans are going to beat the Dolphins. Tannehill is just going to make things worse for Miami.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
It wouldn't have mattered if Moore, Garrard or the rookie started. The Dolphins just aren't as good as the Texans. I don't care if Tannehill has a hot wife or an ugly wife. The Texans are going to beat the Dolphins. Tannehill is just going to make things worse for Miami.

Agreed. People tend to forget that they have nobody elite at WR or TE since they traded Marshall. They had a better shot at beating us with Marshall. If we apply pressure to Tannehill consistenly it's going to be a long day for him since he doesnt have any weapons that would scare teams. I'm more worried about them running the ball on us than Tannehill passing against us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:

But he does have a hot wife.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: