Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Mock---*Updated with Revis Trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: My Mock---*Updated with Revis Trade Reply with quote

All right, here's my updated mock with a Revis trade. Personally, I'd much rather trade Cromartie, but I think Revis will be the odd man out. We're in rebuilding mode and need to rebuild through the draft. Obviously, a Revis trade gives us more picks. Also, I do NOT address the QB situation in the draft. You might think i'm crazy, but realistically, i'd prefer to fill as many holes as possible and use Matt Moore as a 2 year stop gap. Next year's QB class should yield quite a few QB's that have as much upside as any QB in this draft. I'd rather save the pick and make it next year as opposed to investing in a project QB. So here it is.

Cuts: Jason Smith, Sione Pouha, Eric Smith, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Tebow

Re-Signings- Austin Howard (2 year deal), Yeremiah Bell (1 year deal), Brandon Moore (1 year deal) Cumberland (2 year deal), Nick Folk (2 year deal), Sapp (1 year deal), Mauga (1 year deal)

Walk: Landry (too expensive), Keller (too expensive), Greene (despise him)

Free Agents:
QB-Matt Moore
FB-Corey McIntyre
OLB-Shaun Phillips
CB-Marcus Trufant-Only FA signing i'll probably need to explain, but Marcus just provides some veteran depth behind Wilson. Idzik is bound to bring some guys over from Seattle and Marcus could be a solid addition. He'll join his brother in NY.

There are some more high profile FA CB's out there, but we'll be cap-stricken, especially after losing 3mil in space from the Revis trade. Plus, WIlson should hopefully improve over the off-season.

Trades:

-Jets trade (unfortunately) Revis to the Bucs for their 2013 1st and 2nd and a conditional 4th in 2014 (can go as high as a 2nd depending on performance)

-Jets trade 2013 7th and 2014 4th to the Seahawks for there 2013 4th. We see these trades all the time as the draft goes on. Seahawks will surely get there value back in next years draft (Jets won't be at the 25th pick or later). Jets will jump in front of GB who may look at adding an extra RB.

Round 1: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon-Is it possible the Jets FINALLY have a pass-rushing LB? It is possible with Dion. Great range and should be a great addition to our LB corp for years to come.

Round 1 (from TB)-Chance Warmack, G, Alabama-We need to solidify our o-line and what better way to do it than snag the best guard prospect in the draft.

Round 2- Tavon Austin, WR, WVU-So the combine will dictate where WR's will fall in this years draft. I personally feel Coradelle will come off the board first, followed by Keenan, and then Justin Hunter. Justin might be there at our pick in round 2 as well as others (Robert Woods, Terrence WIlliams, etc.). I'm high on Tavon, he's extremely explosive and a more polished route runner than Hunter. He could become another version of Desean Jackson for Marty (minus the part about being a little bit of a headcase)

Round 2 (from TB): DJ Fluker, OT/G, Alabama-I personally want to have the best o-line in the league for years to come. I don't think Howard is the answer personally although he improved. Howard is very good at run blocking and perhaps we move him inside to guard. We could also move Fluker into the RG spot next year if Howard steps up. An o-line with D-Brick, Warmack, Mangold, and Fluker will be nasty for years to come.

Round 3: T.J. McDonald, S, USC-Now, i'm by no means a fan of T.J. McDonald (prefer someone like Rambo here), but being realistic, his father Tim is the new DB coach of the Jets (hint hint, wink wink). We need a young safety in here and T.J. could be the pick here.

Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State. A big TE who's fast and could be the dynamic receiving TE that we've needed on this team. Could line up in the slot and fit into the WCO nicely.

Round 4 (from Sea): Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon. Chip Kelly may have gone to Philly, but I don't see Barner heading there with McCoy and Brown. Kenjon is the perfect fit for a WCO; blazing speed, good hands, and dangerous in the open field. Should be a good match for us.

5-Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, LSU-Why not? Character issues? Absolutely. Talented? Absolutely. The guy can provide depth and if he can get whipped into shape, he could be a talent on D for us. Nobody really knows at this point where Mathieu will go. Some say as high as the third, some say as low as the sixth. Who knows.

Round 6: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama-Arguably the best blocking TE in the draft, Williams and Sims will give us two strong TE's for years to come.

Offense

QB-Moore, Sanchez, McElroy
RB-Powell, Barner, McKnight
FB- McIntyre
WR-Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Austin
TE-Simms, Williams, Cumberland
LT-D'Brick
LG-Warmack, Ducasse
C-Mangold
RG-Moore
RT-Fluker, Howard

Defense
DE-Coples
NT-Ellis
DE-Wilkerson
LOLB- Phillips, McIntyre
LILB- Davis, Mauga
RILB- Harris,
ROLB- Jordan, Sapp
CB1-Cromartie, Trufant
CB2-Wilson, Mathieu
S-Bell, Allen
S-McDonald, Bush
K-Folk
P-Malone

Last edited by barnaby8787 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work but Pitt has cap issues and I doubt they trade up with so many holes ILB, S, WR, TE, RB, OL, NT.......they have a ton of gaps and will likely draft BPA

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it. I think everything seems reasonable. The trade back I think is more of a "where we need to trade back to" more than the Steelers moving up but we get the idea. I don't think I can bring myself to take 2 lineman in the first 2 rounds. We also have the franchise tag that we can use on Keller so there is that if we want to try and work out a deal. Definitely an intriguing draft though
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft. Offensive line improves drastically, I could see a guy like Powell having a breakout year with a line like that. I'm okay with it I'd rather double dip at the qb position though a guy like bray in the 3rd and dysert in 4. I think dysert might fall deeper after the senior bowl, I can picture him having a tough time. Like everything else though.
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best mock I've seen so far. The only pick I don't like is Rambo, I'd rather go WR or TE there and address safety depth later. I really think Antonio Allen can start for us.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Revis4president

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good offseason and draft except

Tank Carradine does not fit the OLB position on this team. Hes what coaches call a "Floor Mopper".. Meaning hes not getting any smaller or any faster. With that being said he has a high ceiling, his body type would allow him to gain enough weight to make a possible switch to a 3-4 DE but that is to much work. He does not have the speed like Werner or the speed like a Demarcus Ware, Freeney, Mathis, all of which made the conversion from a 4-3 to a 3-4 OLB. Carradine is not in the jets interests and isn't worth discussing trust me.

Jonathan Franklin is an extremely intriguing prospect for the nfl. Many teams will probably pinpoint him as a 3-4th round grade. Hes elusive, a good reciever, and a good blocker. He also isnt given enough credit for a lack luster offensive line. I would expect him to be a riser.

Take Carradine out and put his fellow teammate Brandon Jenkins or the WSU stud Travis Long in and i would say that you took one major step forward for this jets team.
xenajets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow there is so much to like its hard where to start. Love the draft apart from Dysert i w9ulr prefer Bray but thats just personal preference.

I agree that trading Sanchez will be all but impossible right now but if Harris restructures his deal maybe we can resign Landry!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that you addressed the Oline and offense overall

At this point Dysert is as good a pick as anyone.

On paper the wr position looks adequate but that's if Hill can learn to catch
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Fluker or Rambo and I don't see Dysert making it to the 4th. The rest is solid.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it , with an oline like that you can't go wrong. You think like me ,last year I wanted them to sign Carl nicks and draft decastro
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this because of the updates.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints dont have a 2nd

JMG on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
Saints dont have a 2nd
AH, I forgot. I'll have to re-update
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the best draft I've seen, Jordan, Warmack, Austin and Barner would be unreal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I have with Matt Moore, is that he struggled in the WCO in Miami. Don't see him as a good fit.

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: